If We Get Promoted..After The Europhoria

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If We Get Promoted..After The Europhoria

How will life change for fans in the Premieship?

How much do you think it will cost us to watch our club play?

Could we stay up with the team we have?

Who could make it in the premiership?

After 2-3 months, would fans turn on each other again if things did not go right, from the point of view of results?
    ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
    THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Europhoria? Driving the open-top bus a bit far aren't they?

Comment

i think with the current fan base we have its not going to bode well if things go #### up in the prem should we make it.. our fans since briatore takeover have become SUPER EXPECTANT.. and thus its unlikely we're gonna go up and take the league by storm... some fans need to realise we arent a force. we could even be on the end of a few 6-0 hammerings from arsenal, man utd and maybe even chelsea.. etc.

for me next year if we go up im gonna enjoy it.. go to more away days than home because for me loftus road is just not what it used to be in terms of support and atmosphere.
      Soldier: "im on reconnaissance sir.. im looking for our camouflage expert.. have you seen him?"
      Lovejoy: "No?!"
      Soldier: "GOD DAMNIT THAT GUYS GOOD!"

Please Follow My Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by GaxZE View Post
        i think with the current fan base we have its not going to bode well if things go #### up in the prem should we make it.. our fans since briatore takeover have become SUPER EXPECTANT.
        Could that be because they were told ticket prices had to go through the roof to pay for better players etc, etc to help them push for the Champions league within 4 years, or did you forget that bit.

If you subscribe to QPR World, the interview should still there if you want to watch it.

Comment

1) alot, but probably more home games on Saturday 3pm !
          2) more
          3) no
          4) could ? Taarabt & Kenny. Faurlin maybe.
          5) yes

As you can see I'm not going to linger too much on 'what if's.
          Let get to the Prem 1st and then enjoy the euphoria and worry about it then.

Comment

How will life change for fans in the Premieship? There will be a lot of new glory seekers specially from Asia.

How much do you think it will cost us to watch our club play? double the price I guess

Could we stay up with the team we have? not at all. Need to change at least 50%

Who could make it in the premiership? Taarabt (if he stays), Faurlin, Kenny, Routledge (if we buy), Smith, Ephraim and Derry.
            QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

I'd love to see Routledge make it in the Prem, but he's shown little evidence of doing so on his previous 3 attempts.
              Spurs, Villa, Newcastle ?

Sadly Derry will probably be too old, physical or overrun.

Smith possibly.

Ephraim, certainly not.

Comment

Originally posted by Yousef View Post
                How will life change for fans in the Premieship? There will be a lot of new glory seekers specially from Asia.

How much do you think it will cost us to watch our club play? double the price I guess

Could we stay up with the team we have? not at all. Need to change at least 50%

Who could make it in the premiership? Taarabt (if he stays), Faurlin, Kenny, Routledge (if we buy), Smith, Ephraim and Derry.

Comment

How will life change for fans in the Premieship?

I'll watch MOTD more, plus getting the buzz of having UTD, Arsenal, Spurs, Liverpool, (I think that's all the big clubs) back at LR will be wonderful. My kids only started coming to football the season after we got relegated from the Prem so for them it will be another world.

How much do you think it will cost us to watch our club play?

Between £35 and £60

Could we stay up with the team we have?

In a word, and not wanting to sound pesimistic....no. Our defence is solid in this league but struggles against pace, and the big difference between the leagues is finishing. We would be punished far more with the defence we have. As for up front, it's a non starter...imagine Vidic against Hulse or HH. I'd love to think we could follow in the likes of Bolton or Stokes footsteps but I have my doubts. We'd need goal scorers for sure and a few more defenders.

Who could make it in the premiership?

Faurlin, Routledge, Kenny, Tarbs, Smith, Gorkks, Hulse......well someone needs to clean the boots!

After 2-3 months, would fans turn on each other again if things did not go right, from the point of view of results?

We turn on each other now, and it wouldn't take long to forget where we were if we had to taste defeat and humiliation week in week out, but having been there it's the "maybe" of the big scalp that keeps you going. To be truthful, unless we plan on spending and challenging, and pushing for Europe, life in the Prem could turn out to be dull and meaningless with nothing to play for other than avoiding relegation year on year. Ask Fulham fans.
                  Last edited by dtig; 15-02-2011, 01:12 PM.
                  Fags n weed, glue n speed, but I draws the line at crack !

Comment

and at least 1 year in top fight! but chamionship is more fan in my opinion , EPL is just about money and players become no humans anymore.

Comment

another question is who will go if we dont go up?
                      adel for certain.
                      routledge for certain.
                      miller for certain.
                      faurlin most likely.

god i cant even think about it. if we dont go up this year, we never will i doubt.

Comment

IF we get promoted - there's confidence for you!

Can we stay up with the team we've got - no chance but the board will think we can and keep the war-chest firmly locked (except for a few loans).
                        http://twitter.com/#!/superhoops10

Comment

Working...
                        X