Hulse - yet again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hulse - yet again

Very easy to be negative given lack of goals and some howlers when in good positions but can't get away from fact he has been effective at other clubs and for me has at times looked decent for us albeit without the midas touch.

Perhaps the question has to be how to get the best out of him. Warnock knew the role he would be playing when he was bought and was obviously confident he could play well in that role.

Playing up front on his own he often has two men marking him and often has nobody nearby to receive his knock downs and flick ons. My perception of him is a target man who will get 10-15 goals a season and cause a fair bit of mayhem in and around the box for a strike partner. Realistically he has no chance of getting that number of goals (proportionately speaking) or number of assists when he is double marked and has no strike partner.

I personally would like to see Taraabt playing much closer to him for parts of games to give him that support and to maybe create more space for him. Without that all we will get is more of the same.

Or we could just write off the investment and see if Miller can do the job better. He may well do but again I doubt playing alone up front we would get best out of him either.

write off the investment.
    he will take the dairy off vine as the worst striker signing in recent history.
    ill streak naked at half time at the promotion party game if he comes good this season.
    he will be sold for 100k or less in the summer and brushed under the carpet as doing the job we needed cos we got up. (if we get up, which for the first time cos of this bloke is looking dubious imho)

Comment

Not as bad as Leon Clarke but I agree pretty shite player which makes shows how badly we will need a replacement for Miller if he is sent back

Comment

Absolute garbage the last forward I have seen with a touch like Hulse's was Akinbyi a complete and utter joke. On Sunday how on earth he did not get dragged is beyond me he was Forest's best player and gave us nothing he had some great passes into him but he could not take them. They were bouncing off here there and everywhere. He won no headers never got hold of the ball to bring others in the game. The man's been a joke since he arrived. If we had an half decent forward who could put the ball in the net we would be home and dry now by a long way. Hulse on his showing is the worst forward of I have seen here in a long time:rage::rage::rage:
        Gerry Francis the greatest all round player to come from these shores:super_man:

Comment

Very harsh on him,Devon White's first touch was worse

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
            Very easy to be negative given lack of goals and some howlers when in good positions but can't get away from fact he has been effective at other clubs and for me has at times looked decent for us albeit without the midas touch.

Perhaps the question has to be how to get the best out of him. Warnock knew the role he would be playing when he was bought and was obviously confident he could play well in that role.

Playing up front on his own he often has two men marking him and often has nobody nearby to receive his knock downs and flick ons. My perception of him is a target man who will get 10-15 goals a season and cause a fair bit of mayhem in and around the box for a strike partner. Realistically he has no chance of getting that number of goals (proportionately speaking) or number of assists when he is double marked and has no strike partner.

I personally would like to see Taraabt playing much closer to him for parts of games to give him that support and to maybe create more space for him. Without that all we will get is more of the same.

Or we could just write off the investment and see if Miller can do the job better. He may well do but again I doubt playing alone up front we would get best out of him either.

Spot on!! As I see it, we dont make use of him in the right way. If you wants him to score loads of goals he needs a partner in a 442 formation. I did also notice that people slated him for not scoring when he came on injured earlier in the season. During that period he was only slowly getting his fitness back. AND now when he MAYBE is fully fit, he has to face a lost cause with his "back against the wall". At the moment, who is there to respond to his flickons when we clearly have to sacrifice a midfield going forward. Thing is that we have to sacrifice A LOT because of the way we make use of Taraabts freedom to flourish. Thank god for Adel, that´s a fact. But other players have lost their freedom to play how they should in their respective roles. Additionally he(Hulse) has to do the job of the wingers as well. At least he drifts quite fluenlyt along the forward line. How can people possibly expect him being on the wing creating flickons which he, himself, should respond to in front of goal?LOL. He is not a fast player.
            Bottomline; When I saw him play for Derby he got far more support from his team-mates AND he had his front towards the goal. So dont use him as a scapegoat for our lack of goals According to Warnock´s aftermatch comments in the papers etc., Hulse is doing a great job for the team.
            Last edited by Shania; 16-02-2011, 04:17 PM.
            QPR
            Best team in the world
            Sort of

Comment

Working...
            X