Warnocks Management

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warnocks Management

Some one made a very good point to me at the weekend.
    They said
    "You vannot play yourself into a Warnock side; only play yourself out"

This is very true, because no matter how well the likes of Buzz, Miller or Hall etc play when they come on, Warnock will always have faith with his current 11, barring injury.

Hogan Ephraim had game after game when Smith joined, despite Smith coming on as sub and being far more productive than Hogan, yet couldnt get it.
    It was only when Hogan played poorly game after game, that he played himself out of the team.

Maybe Warnock watched Hulse and Gorrks Closely Sunday and they have played themselves out of the team.

i think thats good management personally.
    chopping and changing when a player has a bad game wont help at all.
    Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
    Pawel Wszolek - 6
    Luke Freeman - 6
    Matt Smith - 6
    Ebere Eze - 4
    Joel Lynch - 3
    Tomer Hemed - 3
    Toni Leistner - 2
    Massimo Luongo- 2
    Angel Rangel - 2
    Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
    Geoff Cameron - 1
    Aramide Oteh - 1
    Jake Bidwell - 1
    Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Interesting observation.
      We'll see.

I've a hunch Miller or HH will start at Preston.
      In fact, if Miller really is going back to West Brom after Saturday, I would definitely start him, who cares if he gets injured ? (Unless of course he's going back after Ipswich)

Hall or Shittu for Gorkss ? Mmm !
      Not so sure, maybe Kaspar will get another chance. Although NW took him off for Chimbonda, it was Connolly he slated after the game, not Gorkss ?

Comment

Not sure you can play youself in.

S.huttu would have been ideal replacement for Gorkss, not Chimbonda. He seems stubborn not to even consider the likes of Cook, Rowlands or S.hittu. Can't really question it when we are Top.

Suspect your right about Hulse, think we will see Helguson on Saturday.
        ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
        THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

I thought Chimbonda was brought on to add some attacking option down the left flank and Gorkks was scapegoat with Hill moving central.

Comment

Good management is not chopping and changing the team based on one poor or one good performance, or a new face coming in.

Comment

Gorks going off was more tactical and just Warnock going for the win.

They were only playing with 1 up top.
              First game: Arsenal vs Queen's Park Rangers at Highbury, Saturday 17th November 1984.

Comment

Originally posted by Rsonist View Post
                Good management is not chopping and changing the team based on one poor or one good performance, or a new face coming in.
                They are just words that mean nothing and based on what you say, Forest and Cardiff must be managed badly then, as they rarely seem to pick the same team, also, Ferguson rarely plays the same 11 as well, so Man Utd must be badly managed as well.

Comment

Chimbonda was a tactical sub, thought your brain would work that out Pete. Hill would not of got up and down hence why we moved him to CB and Gorkks for the Chimp. Swapping Gorkks for Shittu would of been a great move right!

Comment

I agree you can only play yourself out e.g. we start to lose games / conceed / not score goals and things get changed.

Our defence has kept 17 clean sheets, our Midefield / wingers have scored / created most of the goals but the strikers have under performed. as a result, not the defence dosnt get changed regardless of whos on the bench, the midfields / wingers stay the same but he has tried changing the strike force but all with no joy. Even when Miller starts he has not scored (looked dangerous) so Warnock is swapping and changing these to find a combo that works.

Just because we have signed Chimbo, and Shittu dosnt give the the right to replace the heart of the defence which has kept 17 clean sheets. Yes a mistake cost a goal on Sunday, but how many other players have made mistakes through out of the season which have cost us goals.

I think so far he has played it right, if your teams top of the table and winning you play. We lose and teams start to catch up and it gets changed.
                    One for all.... and all for one

Comment

Working...
                    X