In support of Rob Hulse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by moon_safari View Post
    had a mate who thought hulse was sh it, asked him to just watch him for 20 minutes.
    then he see what i see 90% all bombs are aimed at him thankless task, sometimes has to run 40 yards to contest a ball out of the sky.
    im not saying hulse is a superstar but if you add a few goals to his game we will all think better of him.
    he will come good
    Yep. Drogba would have trouble getting on the end of some of Gorkss' 40 yard lumps up the field.

Thankless task, and makes him an easy target for moaners. But I'm sure players like Adel and Routledge love having him up there taking the attention of the two CBs away from them.

Comment

Originally posted by NW9_RANGER View Post
      Its not about new whipping boy, it's as simple as watching him play over and over and coming to the conclusion he is pants. I didn't say anything bad about the bloke until this weekend, was more than willing to give him plenty of time.

Oh and I say brown is just brown, and hulse certainly reminds me of something brown lol.
      your last comment has all the hallmarks off a whipping boy!!

Comment

Can't be bothered to read the whole thread.

Fact is we bought Hulse 4 years too late.

Fact is he does the thankless task we ask of our CF in our system and, overall, he does it okay to just below average.

If you think Derby had us over then you may want to watch Derby on the box. Let me tell you, the fella they thought would replace Hulse's goals in Bueno is awful. The other fella that would replace his presence in Steve Davis is double awful --- maybe should stick to playing snooker.

Last season it was HH --- hands up, I was a HH baiter --- for me Hulsey will never be an Andy Carroll but I tell you what, given the choice between him, Marc Rightguard, battle to stay up and NW's tactics and flirtations with the top then it's a no brainer.

I'll keep supporting whoever NW sticks out there to do a job.

IN WARNOCK WE TRUST
        I need some time in the sunshine, I gotta slow it right down.

Comment

Hulse is doing the job required by the team - he was not brought in to be the 20 goal a season man but to hold up and lead the line - yesterday he did that for the first half. In the second half his game like many suffered but he is becoming the whipping boy for many - the one chance he had yesterday was not straight forward. Adel and Wayne did not want to go near Morgan which left that player and the other big defenders to combined out muscle Hulse but he aint half as bad as some on here would have you believe.
          No one pulls my strings 😉

Comment

Originally posted by moon_safari View Post
            your last comment has all the hallmarks off a whipping boy!!
            It's clear as night and day, he has had lots of games to prove himself and he hasnt.

All the hallmarks of a whipping boy? Why cos I said I haven't said anything negative about him until this weekend. Intelligence eh, who needs it

Comment

Originally posted by conners View Post
              Haven't taken too much time to view too many posts on here over the past day or so, however, I gather that there a fairly large number of anti Hulse comments on here which I find it a bit amusing.

I accept that the guy had no real chances on goal yesterday, however, he was pretty much a lone striker for most of the game and was being manmarked by two players most of the game.

I sit in South Africa Road so that may be impacting reading of the game, however, have got to say that Hulse's control to bring balls down was exceptional at times.

This guy is not a donkey as some seem to suggest, however, I believe that the formation which we play, one which particularly benefits Adel, is not one that will always show the out and out striker in a positive light given the way some of our defenders hoof the ball at times.

IN contrast, I recognise that Faurlin played ok at times, but at other times during the first half, him and Derry were so off the pace against the Forest midfield that it was laughable, yet the only comments you here about Faurlin are positive ones.
              Agreed!!!..Those that are too quick to berate our own players deserve less than they're getting at the moment! I don't know how to do a "pissed off, upset, slightly patronising smiley" so I won't try!!

Comment

Originally posted by QPR1976 View Post
                Conners, 1st half, I agree about Hulse. 2nd half though he was poor, really poor. I honestly don't recall him bringing down a single ball 2nd half.

But GTP, "One of the worst to ever pull on the blue and white shirt" ?
                So that would put him alongside -
                Garry Thompson, Devon White, Dominic Iorfa, Mark Hateley, Ngonge, Baidoo, Nygaard, Beck, Doudou, Koejoe, Steve Slade, Di Carmine, Foley, Leroy Griffiths, Stephan Moore, Peschisolido, Sturridge, Marcus Bent, Tamas Priskin and that's just off the top of my head !

I don't think so. the above 19 are all worse.
                That said, I'd definitely start with Miller or HH before Hulse on Saturday and it does feel like Clough knew what he was doing. (Just like he said at the time I recall !)

That said, I agree our tactics don't help our lone front man to score.
                It can't do, how else would the normally prolific (at Championship level) Helguson, Hulse and yes, Miller struggle to get on the score sheet (from open play) ?

But you only have to attend a game at Loftus Rd to hear so many fans with their own scape goats.

I doubt that would change even if we were 6 points clear at the Top of the League with about a third of the season left to play....Oh wait a minute !
                Devon White? Hold on, he scored a few goals by the way. In the top division. Cost us £100K as I recall. Got a good 10 goals. At today's prices he'd be the bargain of the century. You can't put him in that list, surely!
                Anyway, agree with your general point. Hulse is being made a scapegoat. He's nowhere near as bad as some are making out. Nowhere near.

Comment

alright i feel bad now.
                  hes great, im sorry to all you happy clappers. (is it valium or prozac you use by the way?)
                  i hope everyone who has been watching football and rangers for decades and have seen the same as me and said as such, be man enough to apologise as well.
                  he is not rubbish, he is actually good, we have been told.
                  heres to super rob and 15 to 20 goals this season, and 20 plus next in the premiership.

Comment

Originally posted by G.T.P View Post
                    oh please mate. im not having this crap.
                    geezers one of the worst front men on the planet, and deffo one of the worst to ever pull on the blue and white shirt.
                    you need to work in pr, youd be a billionaire.
                    Agreed.

Comment

For all the Hulse supporters/fans tell me one thing, how many goals in how many appearances?

Comment

Originally posted by waterbuffalo View Post
                        For all the Hulse supporters/fans tell me one thing, how many goals in how many appearances?
                        Yep and I bet they are the types that when we are linked with a player they go to wikipedia and check goals against apps... But now it doesn't matter because of the system loool. Funny guys

Comment

Originally posted by Morris View Post
                          Some people can't get their heads around the formation we play, and how that affects the striker, and the job he has to do.

But some people need a player to hammer and force out of the club, and since it's job done with Legs, Ramage is injured and Clarke out on loan, it falls on Hulse's doormat.

Shame.
                          A shame indeed.

Play Hulse in a 4-4-2 (i.e. a formation that gets the best from him) and you'd see a very different player.

Comment

why buy him then, if he cant play to our system?

Comment

Originally posted by G.T.P View Post
                              why buy him then, if he cant play to our system?
                              He is big and akward to play against. Question is, would he have come if he knew the role he was going to play.

Comment

Fair enough Benjamin.
                                I've already conceeded Big Devon to Jeffro.
                                But I stand by the other 19. And no other complaints out of 50+ responses !

To be clear, I think Hulse could be useful still, but not if he repeats 2nd half performance on Sunday. He does need to start delivering and both Miller and HH would be ahead of him for Preston for me.
                                In fact, if Miller IS going back, I'd start him and if he got injured, so what.....

Comment

Working...
                                X