X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HMS Hulse

Comment

Originally posted by NW9_RANGER View Post
      i know the system isnt great for the lone striker, thats a given. however how many great heading opportunities has he had that hes missed? quite a few since being here albeit normally only 1 a game because hes so slow or too lazy to get into the box to get anymore. his control is poor in general. he hardly wins any headers, his control with his feet is poor, good with his chest ill give him that. he doesnt read the game well ie doesnt make good runs or take chances as to where the ball might fall like any decent striker does. fact is and i dont like to have a go at players (bar mr clarke) but he is shite and thats not an opinion, its backed up by poor performances and lack of goals
      Unfortunately, that is about as balanced and accurate as it is possible to be.

What a bloody shambles we are up front sometimes.

Comment

JEFFRO, sorry mate, he DID play with Ferdinand. He didn't replace him.
        Ferdinand played from Dec 1989 (scored twice against Chelsea) until May 1995 (Another brace against Spurs). Devon White played during that time.

16th April 1994 Home to Everton 2-1 scorers White & Ferdinand, and no White didn't come on for Sir Les either. Both were on the pitch at the same time and it wasn't the only occasion.
        October the previous year v Ipswich 3-0
        Oldham Home in December 2-0

Anyway, in fairness, I'll give you Devon White. Perhaps I do him a diservice, although I think Holloway & Gerry Francis were key to us signing him, and their Bristol Rovers connection. (% of sell on profit anyone ?)

I'm claiming the other 19 though.

Comment

Originally posted by conners View Post
          Haven't taken too much time to view too many posts on here over the past day or so, however, I gather that there a fairly large number of anti Hulse comments on here which I find it a bit amusing.

I accept that the guy had no real chances on goal yesterday, however, he was pretty much a lone striker for most of the game and was being manmarked by two players most of the game.

I sit in South Africa Road so that may be impacting reading of the game, however, have got to say that Hulse's control to bring balls down was exceptional at times.

This guy is not a donkey as some seem to suggest, however, I believe that the formation which we play, one which particularly benefits Adel, is not one that will always show the out and out striker in a positive light given the way some of our defenders hoof the ball at times.

IN contrast, I recognise that Faurlin played ok at times, but at other times during the first half, him and Derry were so off the pace against the Forest midfield that it was laughable, yet the only comments you here about Faurlin are positive ones.
          Excellent post and finally someone who understands the way we play and the reasons for it. Warnock (the same manager who has 6 points clear at the top) has decided he wants Adel in the team and because he does not work for the team he has to play the spare supporting striker role. He cant and never will be able to play in a 4-4-2 system as we would get over run.

To be honest on Sunday adel should have been taken off and we should have gone 4-4-2 or even 4-3-3 with the full backs pushing on (he didn't contribute much). However Warnock is the manager and I for one am happy to go with his judgement.

Some people are never happy and as they say expectation is a two edged sword. Start of the season we would have jumped at this position if offered it but know we all want to be promoted and Champions by the end of February.

Patience all good things come to thee who waits and we have been waiting 15 years.

Comment

I would like to support him but he is the one who needs to support us think about it.. how many time he was half yard from the net and bottled it either high flying killing pigeons or shoting far from the net, cannot control simple ball, cannot dribble, cannot make proper pass... our nerves or at least mine go sick.
            I mean what can you support? he has to admit that he is crap and after 20 games with a lucky tap in with his wrist I dnt think he can or will score in any of the remaining games.. its just impossible with a "player" like that. you will tell me that he deviate the ball for others! what the hell would they do with that? the ball will be deviated anyways even by the opposition defenders.
            when I see him starting I just pray we finish by a draw at BEST! too static and really should consider and think twice if he is a footballer... I mean we cant be all ( 90%) wrong opinions about him!? when a player is talented then he is, and when he isnt then it is obviously clear to everybody that he isnt. Miller, for example from the first match I wrote he is better than what we have even though I never watched him playing before.

Im sorry but enough is enough, we are talking about promotion here.. we cant afford we fkup at the end everything after all the race we have done.

Comment

Originally posted by rickyranger View Post
              Excellent post and finally someone who understands the way we play and the reasons for it. Warnock (the same manager who has 6 points clear at the top) has decided he wants Adel in the team and because he does not work for the team he has to play the spare supporting striker role. He cant and never will be able to play in a 4-4-2 system as we would get over run.

To be honest on Sunday adel should have been taken off
              and we should have gone 4-4-2 or even 4-3-3 with the full backs pushing on (he didn't contribute much). However Warnock is the manager and I for one am happy to go with his judgement.

Some people are never happy and as they say expectation is a two edged sword. Start of the season we would have jumped at this position if offered it but know we all want to be promoted and Champions by the end of February.

Patience all good things come to thee who waits and we have been waiting 15 years.
              are you on something bro!? thats a big statement there! better to go watch basketball than football. if you were a manager I assure you will not even make it with 20 vs 11 !

Comment

brown is the black.
                and hulse is the new ramage.
                well and truly the new whipping boy.
                i like hulse and am prepared to give him more time,hes been a very good championship striker most of his career .
                really hope he comes good and proves his knockers wrong

Comment

Yeah my comments re Hulse are more in relation to his first half performance.

The loan striker appears to be used more as a distractor in Warnock's set up. Hulse had three guys on him for a couple of throws yesterday.

I know he is not perfect, but he tries and some way or other you have to say that the way Warnock sets his team out is effective.

Anyhow, I thought his first half performance was pretty good yday but will admit he faded in second half.

As for the Faurlin admirers, look back at the first half yday, He was short of pace time and time again. I would go as far to say that he will not be in our starting eleven in twelve months time.

Originally posted by rickyranger View Post

To be honest on Sunday adel should have been taken off and we should have gone 4-4-2 or even 4-3-3 with the full backs pushing on (he didn't contribute much). However Warnock is the manager and I for one am happy to go with his judgement.

Comment

Originally posted by moon_safari View Post
                    brown is the black.
                    i like hulse and am prepared to give him more time,hes been a very good championship striker most of his career .
                    Totally agree moon but how many more non scoring games must we endure before being proved he's not up to it?

Some players with good records go to a club and just don't click (Jamie Cureton anyone) I think Hulse may fall into this category.

Comment

Bottom line is if we had to rely on him or his goals we'd be in a relagation battle now!!!
                      PRIDE OF LONDON.

Comment

Originally posted by Ric-Roc View Post
                        Totally agree moon but how many more non scoring games must we endure before being proved he's not up to it?

Some players with good records go to a club and just don't click (Jamie Cureton anyone) I think Hulse may fall into this category.
                        havnt got an answer to that one if im honest but would def give him the preston and ipswich games

Comment

Originally posted by moon_safari View Post
                          brown is the black.
                          Agree.

Some people can't get their heads around the formation we play, and how that affects the striker, and the job he has to do.

But some people need a player to hammer and force out of the club, and since it's job done with Legs, Ramage is injured and Clarke out on loan, it falls on Hulse's doormat.

Shame.

Comment

Watching the Fulham - Chelsea game, and there is a possibility that Hulse could actually be better than Torres. He has lost it imo, 2nd touch is a tackle. Nil confidence. Overpriced waste of money.

And as Drogba has been dropped, how about a loan proposal to solve our striker problem.
                            Last edited by Gerryhatrick; 14-02-2011, 09:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Morris View Post
                              Agree.

Some people can't get their heads around the formation we play, and how that affects the striker, and the job he has to do.

But some people need a player to hammer and force out of the club, and since it's job done with Legs, Ramage is injured and Clarke out on loan, it falls on Hulse's doormat.

Shame.
                              had a mate who thought hulse was sh it, asked him to just watch him for 20 minutes.
                              then he see what i see 90% all bombs are aimed at him thankless task, sometimes has to run 40 yards to contest a ball out of the sky.
                              im not saying hulse is a superstar but if you add a few goals to his game we will all think better of him.
                              he will come good

Comment

Its not about new whipping boy, it's as simple as watching him play over and over and coming to the conclusion he is pants. I didn't say anything bad about the bloke until this weekend, was more than willing to give him plenty of time.

Oh and I say brown is just brown, and hulse certainly reminds me of something brown lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X