In support of Rob Hulse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GaxZE View Post
    i am/was a supporter of hulse... the game against cardiff i felt you saw the real benefits of having him in the side.. the games before then he wasnt fit and tbh was thrown in to cover for the injured HH.

since then he hasnt performed to an acceptable level. HOWEVER.. i do agree our formation and tactics suit adel and hinder whoever plays the lone striker.

too many times yesterday we was pumping the long ball into hulse expecting different results. im sorry but those two centrebacks was on form and dominating anything in the air. so why did we continue to go long? remember NEVER do we have anybody running off of hulse, trying to latch onto a header he may win. same with helguson and even miller against pompey.

we was too predictable and for some reason played WR wide left too much.. we should have gone 4-4-2, miller with hulse and adel and WR wide.

however this said, hulse for me yesterday looks to be our new helguson/legs.. thats it now.. now the fans are that vocal of his every touch and move he is never going to satisfy/get the support he needs to encourage him to perform. might aswell send him onloan to somebody who our rivals have to play..

fans jump on players backs too quickly.. yeah many players have a bad game but thats football... our fans are becoming too expectant and in my eyes are just sitting at LR expecting to be entertained.. you should support the team regardless the form..

Spot on. I agree 100 %.
    QPR
    Best team in the world
    Sort of

Comment

Conners, 1st half, I agree about Hulse. 2nd half though he was poor, really poor. I honestly don't recall him bringing down a single ball 2nd half.

But GTP, "One of the worst to ever pull on the blue and white shirt" ?
      So that would put him alongside -
      Garry Thompson, Devon White, Dominic Iorfa, Mark Hateley, Ngonge, Baidoo, Nygaard, Beck, Doudou, Koejoe, Steve Slade, Di Carmine, Foley, Leroy Griffiths, Stephan Moore, Peschisolido, Sturridge, Marcus Bent, Tamas Priskin and that's just off the top of my head !

I don't think so. the above 19 are all worse.
      That said, I'd definitely start with Miller or HH before Hulse on Saturday and it does feel like Clough knew what he was doing. (Just like he said at the time I recall !)

That said, I agree our tactics don't help our lone front man to score.
      It can't do, how else would the normally prolific (at Championship level) Helguson, Hulse and yes, Miller struggle to get on the score sheet (from open play) ?

But you only have to attend a game at Loftus Rd to hear so many fans with their own scape goats.

I doubt that would change even if we were 6 points clear at the Top of the League with about a third of the season left to play....Oh wait a minute !

Comment

Originally posted by GaxZE View Post
        .. you should support the team regardless the form..
        I think Hulse is p*ss-poor.
        But I support him (and the rest of them) at the games.

It is possible to do both.

This is just a messageboard, one of many. These boards are ten a penny.

And to be honest... the opinions expressed on them (including mine, yours, etc) are basically worth f*ck all, and have no effect on the team, or 90% of the crowd at the games.
        I haven't once heard Rob Hulse booed at a game. A few grumbles and comments.
        Final Version - Hope you like it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1z0UQ0eqRM

Follow Me On Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/QPRGoddard

Comment

Originally posted by QPR1976 View Post
          Conners, 1st half, I agree about Hulse. 2nd half though he was poor, really poor. I honestly don't recall him bringing down a single ball 2nd half.

Garry Thompson, Devon White, Dominic Iorfa, Mark Hateley, Ngonge, Baidoo, Nygaard, Beck, Doudou, Koejoe, Steve Slade, Di Carmine, Foley, Leroy Griffiths, Stephan Moore, Peschisolido, Sturridge, Marcus Bent, Tamas Priskin and that's just off the top of my head !

I don't think so. the above 19 are all worse.
          That said, I'd definitely start with Miller or HH before Hulse on Saturday and it does feel like Clough knew what he was doing. (Just like he said at the time I recall !)

That said, I agree our tactics don't help our lone front man to score.
          It can't do, how else would the normally prolific (at Championship level) Helguson, Hulse and yes, Miller struggle to get on the score sheet (from open play) ?

But you only have to attend a game at Loftus Rd to hear so many fans with their own scape goats.

I doubt that would change even if we were 6 points clear at the Top of the League with about a third of the season left to play....Oh wait a minute !
          Take a look at Devon White's goals to game ratio in the PREMIERSHIP, now look at Rob Hulse's in leagues 1+2 - How you can name them in the same breath??

Comment

Because I watched him play most of those games, he was a donkey.
            I also saw him a number of times for another team, in other divisions. He was cr@p then as well.

He scored because he had Ferdinand & Penrice, Barker, Clive Wilson, Sinclair, Wilkins around him.
            Oh and I just remembered Leon Clarke, so that's 20.

To be fair, if I'm only pulled up on 1/20, I think I will have made my point.
            That's still an awful lot of worse players than Hulse, with just 5 minutes thought.

Each to their own though.

Comment

i promise you, he fits in very high at the top of that list imho.
              he is awful. if you saw him do what he did in the latter stages of sundays game in the sunday league you would laugh your head off.
              terrible terrible player, and ive no doubt i will never ever have to eat my words either. ive seen enough.
              sam as ive seen enough of miller to know hes no prolific goal scorer either.

Comment

Originally posted by rblockells View Post

he would make a decent scarecrow
                Scarecrows move faster than RH
                Football played the Charlie Ferris way

Comment

GTP - I happen to agree with you on the "latter stages of Sunday's game", he was atrocious.
                  But I'd like to think he's capable of reproducing a performance like the 1st half, when he contributed plenty, or V Cardiff (possibly his best game for us). Or at least better than the great majority of those listed above.

It might be wishful thinking on my part, but I'm not closing the door on him yet. Either way we're stuck with him, and HH and Miller (hopefully) for the rest of this season. I can't see us bringing in anyone of any note, even if Miller goes home.
                  McCarthy maybe, only because he's available and would only cost 10k a week.

Comment

id run up and down my street naked cheering if we got mccarthy.
                    thats how poor we are up front.
                    i seriously doubt he could be any worse than hulse, and i do geuinley believe he would score 5 plus goals before the end of the season if we got him now
                    cos of the way we play, i do believe that anyone who isnt shite like hulse would score, so lets ship out rowlands and cookie asap (even tho we would have to drag them somewhere kicking and screaming) and get him in and try again, it cant do any harm taking the risk.

Comment

Conners from your seat in SAR you haven't got one of them bloody great blue supports in your line of view have you mate?

I was sat in the upper loft with a very clear view & all I saw was him lose near enough every single aerial battle with his man, slow to react, slow to get out, & absolutely no urgency.

I admire trying to defend the guy & that's fair enough but some things are indefensible & on Hulse's performance Sunday was exactly that.

I wouldn't shed a tear if he never played for us again if I was totally honest.

Comment

I agree that Hulse was much better in the first half. He tired badly and should have been replaced - not sure why NW decided not to do so, as it s rare for him to play the target man for 90 minutes. Hulse's main problem is that he is slow to react to situations, often on his heels. When he gets in position he holds the ball up well and brings others into play. He doesn't have Helguson's ability to flick balls on, nor his timing on the jump and is also not as mobile. However he is probably stronger with a monster centre back clambering all over up his back. He's never going to set the world on fire but he does a job in a system that NW prefers.

I felt the tactics were primarily focussed on not losing yesterday. Hence we retained 4 at the back and 2 sitting midfielders, even when faced with 10 men. In all honesty I think we were wary of their pace and didn't want to expose our centre backs. It was vital we didn't lose in NW's scheme of things.

I felt the substitution to bring on Miller was wrong. PVM should have come on and then Miller replace Hulse after 65 minutes or so. Also, Hill and Orr offered little going forward - we sorely miss Walker.

Comment

Because I watched him play most of those games, he was a donkey.
                          I also saw him a number of times for another team, in other divisions. He was cr@p then as well.

He scored because he had Ferdinand & Penrice, Barker, Clive Wilson, Sinclair, Wilkins around him.
                          Oh and I just remembered Leon Clarke, so that's 20.

To be fair, if I'm only pulled up on 1/20, I think I will have made my point.
                          That's still an awful lot of worse players than Hulse, with just 5 minutes thought.

Each to their own though.
                          He never played with Sir Les Ferdinand, he replaced him..

What so having Adel Taarabt, Routledge, Smith , Faurlin and Miller putting balls across an open 6 yard box, and him not scoring isnt the same yeah??

Hulse is a donkey, whom i have played with better players than him.

Comment

he holds the ball up well and brings others into play

im gonna have that put on my gravestone, as i dont think ive ever heard a catchprase used more in my lifetime.

Comment

i know the system isnt great for the lone striker, thats a given. however how many great heading opportunities has he had that hes missed? quite a few since being here albeit normally only 1 a game because hes so slow or too lazy to get into the box to get anymore. his control is poor in general. he hardly wins any headers, his control with his feet is poor, good with his chest ill give him that. he doesnt read the game well ie doesnt make good runs or take chances as to where the ball might fall like any decent striker does. fact is and i dont like to have a go at players (bar mr clarke) but he is shite and thats not an opinion, its backed up by poor performances and lack of goals

Comment

Originally posted by conners View Post
                                Haven't taken too much time to view too many posts on here over the past day or so, however, I gather that there a fairly large number of anti Hulse comments on here which I find it a bit amusing.

I accept that the guy had no real chances on goal yesterday, however, he was pretty much a lone striker for most of the game and was being manmarked by two players most of the game.

I sit in South Africa Road so that may be impacting reading of the game, however, have got to say that Hulse's control to bring balls down was exceptional at times.

This guy is not a donkey as some seem to suggest, however, I believe that the formation which we play, one which particularly benefits Adel, is not one that will always show the out and out striker in a positive light given the way some of our defenders hoof the ball at times.

IN contrast, I recognise that Faurlin played ok at times, but at other times during the first half, him and Derry were so off the pace against the Forest midfield that it was laughable, yet the only comments you here about Faurlin are positive ones.
                                Nice one Connors.

As always, Izaak Walton would be proud..........
                                A message to the other Premier League clubs when they visit Loftus Road.....

"NUESTRA GLORIA, VUESTRO INFIERNO"

(If you don't understand it, then learn Spanish. It is the language of world football.....)

Comment

Working...
                                X