In support of Rob Hulse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by conners View Post
    Haven't taken too much time to view too many posts on here over the past day or so, however, I gather that there a fairly large number of anti Hulse comments on here which I find it a bit amusing.

I accept that the guy had no real chances on goal yesterday, however, he was pretty much a lone striker for most of the game and was being manmarked by two players most of the game.

I sit in South Africa Road so that may be impacting reading of the game, however, have got to say that Hulse's control to bring balls down was exceptional at times.

This guy is not a donkey as some seem to suggest, however, I believe that the formation which we play, one which particularly benefits Adel, is not one that will always show the out and out striker in a positive light given the way some of our defenders hoof the ball at times.

IN contrast, I recognise that Faurlin played ok at times, but at other times during the first half, him and Derry were so off the pace against the Forest midfield that it was laughable, yet the only comments you here about Faurlin are positive ones.

Was your back to the game, Conners? In the first half I'll grant you that Hulse played well, laying it off as the lone striker.

The problem with him is that he's a big guy and it's a rarity if he jumps for the ****ing ball or pushes himself out of first gear to get to a ball that's close to him. We saw it at Burnley with Carlisle and on Sunday - when he's muscled off the ball in the first second he doesn't push at the defender, but instead becomes largely anonymous.

When corners come in, he doesn't run in like he should - I'll grant you that Chambers held him in the box late on in the second half only seconds before Routledge's dive - and it's highliy irritating.

I wish Hulse would get in the position -and you can see how much we're missing Mackie now.....

Comment

Working...
    X