Lack Of Chances Up Front

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lack Of Chances Up Front

Someone may be able to put some stats up to either back this up or shoot it down but what I've seen in the last couple of games is that we simply do not trouble opposition goalkeepers.

Yesterday besides a wonderful Tommy Smith goal & a Bradley Orr header off the line what other saves did Lee Camp have to make?

Against Reading again Federici had absolutely nothing to do & a late superb winner got us the points.

Now before anyone jumps on me (its valentines leave that to my Mrs) I am delighted with 4 points from 2 hard games although I felt it should be 6 but I think we are really struggling for goals at this massively important time of the season. HH is not getting a look in, Miller has a new gaffer at WBA who may want him back to assess his squad & Rob Hulse....I'm saying nothing.

Our great midfield has done wonders this year for us but I truly believe our distinct lack of firepower up front could cost us come May.

Will NW hit the loan market or are we looking at the front line that is trying to get us promoted?

I can't lie I'm worried.

Needs updating a little, but it tells us one thing - we have the fewest goals from open play in the top 6.

Comment

id say we have got to have the worst strike force in the division havent we?
      amazing how we are doing so well without a recognised goal scorer.
      how long can it go on for tho, mackies gone, adel is getting marled out of the games and he wont score like he has been again this season. thank god for that smith goal or it would been a home defeat.
      i think we have to adress the problem, maybe miller going back might be a blessing in disguise (if it happens)

Comment

A very important post. I agree 100 %!
        QPR
        Best team in the world
        Sort of

Comment

sadly its the only department for me warnock has failed us in.......phillips/graham/hooper all couldve been got earlier this season!!
          you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by factamondo View Post
            sadly its the only department for me warnock has failed us in.......phillips/graham/hooper all couldve been got earlier this season!!
            and all would of had us 12 to 18 points clear i reckon.
            we are always drawing in one goal the difference games, and them one goals is what them players ALL get you
            Last edited by Guest; 14-02-2011, 02:48 PM.

Comment

dont think its Warnocks fault as if it was up to him im sure we would have had a good striker in by now. Think he has had to settle on second best because of a lack of financial backing from the board.

Comment

Why are we still talking about the same very obvious problem after how many years????

Comment

because we have finally got everything else right and it is farking frustrating!

We look solid and have heart. In recent years we have generally looked flaky and without much fight. Now that is fixed and we still can't hit a barn door regardless.

A double glazing company could have set up a stall of their wares in the Forest goal and not lost a single pane of glass. Same in various other games.

Yes we will grind out important hard fought for draws away from home but will we win enough matches? Been a struggle last couple of months.

Comment

Good post Fox & so true about the glass.

Sad but oh so true..

Comment

yeah it is worrying, yet strange how with possibly the worst strikeforce in the division we are proudly sitting at the top. i dont think the striker situation will change, i think it will be hh or donkey every game until end of the season. BUT luckily with out strong midfield, defence and quality keeper - we will still get promoted!

Comment

I was thinking the same thing, so many goals from midfield but only a handful from our reconised strikers, strange.

Comment

if we lose adel to injury, then it could be a disaster

Comment

Working...
                          X