Strange substitutions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange substitutions

OK it was unfortunate that Smith did his hammy again, but Miller on at right wing??

It meant Routledge switched to left wing, but he crowded Tarbs a lot, and the balance disappeared imo. Tarbs needs space to operate properly.

I would have preferred a Miller - Hulse straight swop (Hulse first touch is pony), and Petter V Moen on as centre mid for Smith, and then sharing LW with Adel but leaving him some space to keep the double markers away, and to keep Routs on the RW. Miller was great to watch, but wasted out wide. Think it was a NW experiment going on, but they had 10 men and we were too compact.

And Clint was doing well at LB, and Chimbo comes on for Gorksy, Clint goes to CB (OK its to cover the yellow card, but Fitz and Shittu are there for that ffs), and the balance is changed again. Chimbo looked nervous, and not match fit, so again seems a very odd change?
    Last edited by Gerryhatrick; 13-02-2011, 05:02 PM.

When Ish came on, I thought we were going to go 4-4-2, with Routs on the right and Adel cutting in from the left. How wrong I was.
    Ramaggio, whoa-oah
    Ramaggio, whoa-oah
    He scored against Blackpool
    To make me look a fool

Comment

I think when Neil blamed our centre backs for a poor performance, he was maybe deflecting attention away from himself for poor sub decisions.

OK Connors gave away a silly free kick, but it happens all the time. Can't do much about freak goals resulting from it. For once I disagree with NW, Gorksy and Connors weren't great, but they weren't that bad either, and it would of been another clean sheet without the freak goal, for 3rd game running.

Comment

Working...
      X