My views

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My views

I have to agree with Neil 100% regarding our 2 centre backs.

Gorkks and connors were both poor today.

Connors is very poor in the air and gives away far to many silly free kicks.

I am not a big Shittu fan but i'd much rather break up this centre back pairing, I know we haven't conceded many goals but they look dreadful at times. Neither are playing particulary well and I think it needs changing.

I also liked the look of Chimbonda and I would be tempted to play orr, hill, shittu and chimbonda at the back.

Hulse was dreadful today and had no joy against a decent forest back line. I thought Derry did well but faurlin, adel and routledge were far to quiet.

A draw was a fair result and we didn't do enough to win this game allbeit they scored a very lucky goal. I really don't think changing the back line would be a bad thing and I think Shittu deserves his chance.
    I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Not the first time Neil has blamed them in public, so next game maybe he will change it.
    @chrisrobson9

Comment

Yeah right result in the end. Them going down to 10 might not really have been the best thing for us. Especially with them fluking a goal like that.

Adel and Routledge way too quiet, we missed Smith when he went off. Miller isn't a winger and shouldn't be played as one. Hulse was poor as usual. Didn't agree with taking Faurlin off either. Not the best result but not the end of the world either.

Comment

maybe adel is too tired after international break
        TaarabT Abdel

Comment

Miller did well when he came on. Hulse was poor, nothing stuck to him.

Hopefully Smith's injury won't keep him out for long. Miller has to start upfront against Preston, Hulse has had plenty of chances now. He clearly has no confidence at the moment.

Comment

I'm on the way home on my blower what did Warnock say about the defence?

Comment

ric, just said they were rubbish basically, conners made a school boy decision when he gave the free kick away for their goal.
              @chrisrobson9

Comment

Originally posted by Fez View Post
                Yeah right result in the end. Them going down to 10 might not really have been the best thing for us. Especially with them fluking a goal like that.

Adel and Routledge way too quiet, we missed Smith when he went off. Miller isn't a winger and shouldn't be played as one. Hulse was poor as usual. Didn't agree with taking Faurlin off either. Not the best result but not the end of the world either.
                Faurlin tooka knock to the head and seemed like he needed stiches

Comment

Originally posted by Robsondinho View Post
                  ric, just said they were rubbish basically, conners made a school boy decision when he gave the free kick away for their goal.
                  I like Conners he has a bit of class (at times) but f*ck me he is a liability at times as well. Time for NW to get into these boys pronto.

Comment

Hill centre Chimbo full back up next.

Comment

100% right Weare, I had a conversation with a fan at HT, and said to him about Connolly and Gorks both letting balls bounce far to often, both getting muscled off the ball numerous times by a small front pair and basically looking like a liability nearly every game.

Yes they have done well, do doubting that, I just think it is time to add some muscle and a presence to the back line and Shittu is the man for the job.

Comment

Connolly and Gorkss are liabilities. Thought that for a while now.

Comment

Originally posted by Morris View Post
                          Connolly and Gorkss are liabilities. Thought that for a while now.
                          Shocking today, the pair of them.
                          That needless foul for their goal , what a ............................................

Comment

Well I'm going to disagree with the criticism of our centre backs. OK they made mistakes but come on they did some half decent stuff and FFS they have been part of the best defence in the division. Matty does tend to give free kicks away but lets be honest their goal was a fluke, it could of gone anywhere.

Lets not crucify them and I have to say NW annoys me when he publically slates them.

6 points clear with some slightly less stressful games ahead

You R'sssss
                            I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Connolly won everything in the air today.

Yes gave away a stupid foul but it was 35-40 yards out so shouldnt be conceeding from there.

Easy to blame the defence when you conceed however no movement from midfield or forwards and every ball was just coming back.

Forest had maybe 2 chances, what a liablilty our defence must be!

Comment

Working...
                              X