2011 - 12 season Tickets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2011 - 12 season Tickets

I have been a season Ticket holder for the last 12 years ( QPR since 1973 ) and due to the impending promotion I am concerned about being priced out the market if we reach the prem.

Would I be wating my time in contacting Rangers and suggesting a sliding scale of season ticket for next season.
    For instance:

Gold season Ticket £800
    1-5 year holder 5% discount
    6-10 year holder 10% discount
    11 - 15 year holder 20% discount
    16 and over 33% discount

By adoptng this strategy the club would recognise true supporters by length of support, it would also mean the glory hunters Johny come lately Bandwagen boys would pay true Premiership prices.

The club could also sell 5 year fixed rate season Tickets at say £500 per annum bringing in upfront money and guaranteeing head count very helpful for when looking for investment.

As I say I thought I would just straw poll this and see what the general feeling would be from this board.
    Cheers
    UUUURRRRRR's

Ok assuming we are promoted I've been thinking about this and I don't think the price of season tickets will rise next season. I can see the club spinning a line of rewarding fans for their loyalty by freezing ST prices etc. The reality is I think the club will find it difficult to justify increasing prices from there present levels for what is effectively a 19 home game season instead of 23. What happens if the club raise ST prices only to see us relegated in our first season it would send out the wrong message totally. What I can see happening is the club increasing prices for W12 / C Clubs and Corporate Boxes. Also the club may capitilise on matchday ticket prices which may be unfortunate for some as you'll be paying something like £40 to sit behind an RSJ.
    Last edited by The White City General; 09-02-2011, 04:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Deridene View Post
      I have been a season Ticket holder for the last 12 years ( QPR since 1973 ) and due to the impending promotion I am concerned about being priced out the market if we reach the prem.

Would I be wating my time in contacting Rangers and suggesting a sliding scale of season ticket for next season.
      For instance:

Gold season Ticket £800
      1-5 year holder 5% discount
      6-10 year holder 10% discount
      11 - 15 year holder 20% discount
      16 and over 33% discount

By adoptng this strategy the club would recognise true supporters by length of support, it would also mean the glory hunters Johny come lately Bandwagen boys would pay true Premiership prices.

The club could also sell 5 year fixed rate season Tickets at say £500 per annum bringing in upfront money and guaranteeing head count very helpful for when looking for investment.

As I say I thought I would just straw poll this and see what the general feeling would be from this board.
      Cheers
      UUUURRRRRR's
      Would like to think that but they smell money and I think you will see an increase from £600 SAR to £750, with early bird prices at £700 if bought in June etc.

Comment

I think prices will not go up that much 1st season.

I also think making suggestions to the club, or any club, or any big business is almost certainly a waste of time.
        twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

Ground capacity is close to max currently for the championship.
          Logically, and with a business head on, demand for tickets will be 25-35% higher for next season if we are promoted, therefore the club could increase prices to allow for the 20-30% who can't afford the increased entry price to drop away, and for the ground to still be at capacity.
          Hope not, and it would be a shame, but it makes econimic sense with the facilities the club currently has. We desperately need a new stadium or to increase capacity somehow.

Comment

As TWCG said as there would be 4 less home games they surely can't justify a too heavy increase...

Comment

Regretfully, I won't be bothering.

I'm a disabled fan. My carer can only get me to Loftus Road on Saturdays. Thus, this season, my season ticket has been money down the drain.

Next season will be even worse. I'll just have to take my chances and get a ticket when I can. I feel a bit pissed off cos I've supported the club since the early 70's. It used to be a regular Saturday day out for me. Not any more

Comment

Think you wont see any gold season tickets less than £800. think the club should do a deal where they allow all those who purchased their season tickets last year early(early bird saving) should be allowed to renew for next season before 31/03/11 for the same price i.e. Gold £599. then those people would be buying, promoted or not with large discount.(rewarded for their loyaltyto the club)

Comment

Originally posted by Toni German View Post
                  Regretfully, I won't be bothering.

I'm a disabled fan. My carer can only get me to Loftus Road on Saturdays. Thus, this season, my season ticket has been money down the drain.

Next season will be even worse. I'll just have to take my chances and get a ticket when I can. I feel a bit pissed off cos I've supported the club since the early 70's. It used to be a regular Saturday day out for me. Not any more
                  Genuine shame when I read posts like this .

Justs goes to highlight how television , sky etc has alienated the attending Saturday 3pm fans and turned being a supporter into a corporate pawn

Comment

Don't forget the free Carling Cup 1st round ticket !
                    Oh yeah, Premiership don't come in at that stage.....

Well, they could do something for the FA Cup ? Oh, maybe not.

Seriously, I can't see our board doing a Burnley.

I like the idea of the original proposal made here, it seems to benefit those who've stuck with the club through thick and thin, but then being a long term ST holder myself, that might seem a little selfish.
                    Especially to those who were equally loyal until the last couple of years when they were priced out with all the gold, silver, bronze rubbish.

Worth writing to them ? Yeah, why not ? What harm can it do ?
                    If comical Ali has gone, someone may consider it.
                    But I would still expect the powers from above to overrule based on the standard & quality of opposition being deemed higher.

A bit like Petrol, Interest Rates and Utility bills.
                    Raise them at the drop of a hat, but spin and take your time when moving the other way.

Comment

early bird will stay the same , all others will go up 20%
                      Football played the Charlie Ferris way

Comment

So what you are saying is, someone who has been to every game every season and paid on the day (therefore paid more) as oppose to someone who has had a season ticket (and paid less) should not get a discount if they decide to get one next year?

Seems a bit unfair to me, wanting a discount for people who are already getting a discount.
                        Queens Park Rangers
                        NPower Champions 2010/2011

PREMIER LEAGUE 2011 - ETERNITY (Oh well got that wrong, we'll be back though)

Comment

Im afraid i am 1 of the many reasons they will raise the prices next season..

I have been starved of watching my beautiful QPRfc in the Premiership for 15 years and i will pay whatever it takes to get a season ticket and watch us battle some of the best teams in the world should we go up... Many will like me pay it, i just cant not...

They know that, i know that, so prices will rise.
                          Cant believe it, ive been PWOPER MUGGED ORF...

Comment

Originally posted by 80sCasual View Post
                            So what you are saying is, someone who has been to every game every season and paid on the day (therefore paid more) as oppose to someone who has had a season ticket (and paid less) should not get a discount if they decide to get one next year?

Seems a bit unfair to me, wanting a discount for people who are already getting a discount.
                            it's QPR they dont do FAIR , S/T holders been had over as well with all the special deals . if you work at the BBC tickets for every game this season £10
                            Football played the Charlie Ferris way

Comment

Originally posted by superhoop67 View Post
                              it's QPR they dont do FAIR , S/T holders been had over as well with all the special deals . if you work at the BBC tickets for every game this season £10
                              I heard that before - it is a ******* disgrace if true.
                              twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

Working...
                              X