Good last fortnight...bad Sunday?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good last fortnight...bad Sunday?

Came over for a flying visit taking in the Portsmouth game, sitting behind a seat with the unusual (I think) name of 'Yogi Patel' on it in the SAR.Anyway, he seemed a decent bloke and quite a character.

Got a ticking off from a copper for downing a miniature bottle of Jim Beam outside the box office before the game, but that was the only thing that spoilt it.. Arrived back in Melbourne in the middle of an electrical storm getting home in Melbourne at 2.05AM Melbourne time...then 4-5 hours later watched that great win at Reading live on the internet.

I reckon we're up as champions if we beat Forest. Momentum-wise we will be unstoppable. but Routledge's sickness and Taarabt in Morocco have got me saying my prayers for sunday. I'm a pessimist so expect Adel to get crocked in Morocco (or taken out in first 5 mins by a Forest defender who escapes with a booking) and Wayne to miss the game sick. My forecast right now? 3-1 to Forest (I don't believe in god, well not one who hears prayers anyway).

Are you implying that God is deaf?

Comment

Originally posted by waterbuffalo View Post
      Are you implying that God is deaf?
      hahahah

have qpr played reading yet in australia?
      http://twitter.com/Mellowhoop

Comment

Mate why the doom & gloom? We are top & have been there all season on merit not favours. Yes Forest are on a hot streak but so what, let them come to us & see how good they fare. Taarabt is playing in a friendly, no major urgency for either side & WR has all week to get better.

You will feel much better when we win the game 2-1

Comment

Originally posted by Ric-Roc View Post
          Mate why the doom & gloom? We are top & have been there all season on merit not favours. Yes Forest are on a hot streak but so what, let them come to us & see how good they fare. Taarabt is playing in a friendly, no major urgency for either side & WR has all week to get better.

You will feel much better when we win the game 2-1
          Not sure thats a true statement, I think Liverpool would differ with that opinion and mentioned to you Steven Gerrard. Loves an injury at a pointless friendly and it does happen. These friendlys are a joke and the club that pays the wage suffers.

We then still throw in the friendlys and have the balls to say the players were tired, once we get to a big competition.
          I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Actually you have a fare point there weare, ok to put a different slant on it Adel has a very very good fitness record, he is very robust & doesn't seem to suffer much with injurys plus 100's of players will play tonight worldwide for their respective countries & how many will get injured per game of 22-28 players? 1 maybe 2. People are getting frit as we move into the business end of things.

Have no fear. Forest will get a rude awakening on Sunday I truly believe that.

Comment

Originally posted by bushkangaroo View Post
              Came over for a flying visit taking in the Portsmouth game, sitting behind a seat with the unusual (I think) name of 'Yogi Patel' on it in the SAR.Anyway, he seemed a decent bloke and quite a character.

Got a ticking off from a copper for downing a miniature bottle of Jim Beam outside the box office before the game, but that was the only thing that spoilt it.. Arrived back in Melbourne in the middle of an electrical storm getting home in Melbourne at 2.05AM Melbourne time...then 4-5 hours later watched that great win at Reading live on the internet.

I reckon we're up as champions if we beat Forest. Momentum-wise we will be unstoppable. but Routledge's sickness and Taarabt in Morocco have got me saying my prayers for sunday. I'm a pessimist so expect Adel to get crocked in Morocco (or taken out in first 5 mins by a Forest defender who escapes with a booking) and Wayne to miss the game sick. My forecast right now? 3-1 to Forest (I don't believe in god, well not one who hears prayers anyway).
              Haha went to Derby away with Yogi... He is quiet a character..
              Ordered a bottle of chardonay to himself in Pizza hut, and when it arrived, he though it was a beer , subsequently drunk the bottle himself!!

Yogi is a top man, though 75% of the time ****ed out his head!!

Comment

Originally posted by bushkangaroo View Post

dont be the kiss of death now

Comment

RicRoc, you've helped me relax a bit about Sunday, so ta for that. Jeffro, Yogi was pissed as from what I could tell (as an ex-alcoholic I should know)but a lovely bloke. If we win Sunday and Adel and Wayne are still standing, we will win this division with @96-98 points, at least 12 more than the runners up and the also rans in third place. So...pessimism over (these new antidepressants are good).

Comment

Working...
                  X