Reading's ground...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reading's ground...

First time I've been there and thought it was pretty good (though not sure about the bus!!). Would people like us to have a new ground like that? Ie. modern, bigger etc. Or stay at Loftus Road. I thought I'd always want us to move to somewhere like that but my worry is that we might not fill it! I do think (if we do go up), the pitch will help us. We can sit and defend and hit on the break because most teams will bring it on to us. That's why this year it's been tricky against oponents who sit back.....also why I think we may beat Forest......though I'd take a draw.

Although i would like a new stadium the Mad Stad dosen't rock my boat,you need an awful lot of people to create an atmosphere,and that stadium dosen't create one,spoken to a lot of reading supporters who preferred the old Elm park ground,so no,not for me !!!

Comment

we wouldnt fill it

Comment

Great ground. Just what we need for the prem.
        Now, Then, Forever
        [CENTER]QPR-Football League CHAMPIONS

Comment

I thought it was a fantastic stadium and the atmosphere was rocking...
          We got our Ranger's back!

Comment

nice not to have those bloody pillars too!!

Comment

difference is that reading was a ghost town and that stadiom made that part of the town, we couldnt do that anywhere near where we are.

Comment

Must be the only one that hates that ground then

Comment

had this debate on here many times. IMHO if we have a new stadium (and I am happy at LR btw) then Madjeski is the model. It's one of my fav fixtures every season and last time we played there on a sat (think it was 3 seasons ago iirc) it was full and atmosphere was great. Fri was about 19k I think.

Facilities are also brilliant...but like stated above they had a lot of room to use....won't get that space in London very easily or at a sensible price.

Never, ever bought inot this soul-less bowl poop - fans make noise, not shapes.
                  twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

Hard to believe, but its 11 years old now the Maj Stadium, stills looks like it was built only couple of years ago. Capacity is 24,000, but I am informed they can put on another tier on the stand opposite the boxes to increase to 35,000.

I like the stadium a lot, same as I like Derby, Coventry, Southampton, but I wish they could build stadiums just a bit closer to the playing surface. Probably health and safety bo!!ox.

LR has become an embarrisment, and is the main reason why we haven't progressed and so we have been overtaken by many lesser clubs from 20-30 years ago, like Stoke, Wigan, etc
                    Last edited by Gerryhatrick; 06-02-2011, 07:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gerryhatrick View Post
                      Hard to believe, but its 11 years old now the Maj Stadium, stills looks like it was built only couple of years ago. Capacity is 24,000, but I am informed they can put on another tier on the stand opposite the boxes to increase to 35,000.

I like the stadium a lot, same as I like Derby, Coventry, Southampton, but I wish they could build stadiums just a bit closer to the playing surface. Probably health and safety bo!!ox.

LR has become an embarrisment, and is the main reason why we haven't progressed and so we have been overtaken by many lesser clubs from 20-30 years ago, like Stoke, Wigan, etc
                      Well put. Is a great stadium!
                      Now, Then, Forever
                      [CENTER]QPR-Football League CHAMPIONS

Comment

Good ground. The way forward for us is a new ground or we will be left behind. Even teams with less ambition than us have or have plans for new stadiums.

Comment

park and ride bus looks fun as well.

Comment

Working...
                          X