Claridges comments on 5 Live last night lifted from 606

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Claridges comments on 5 Live last night lifted from 606

Couldn’t agree more about Claridge on 5live xtra last night. He certainly does appear biased against QPR. I noted down some of the things that he said; they’re not precise quotes but near enough:
    • QPR haven’t got where they are because of a "team ethic"
    • One player has got them where they are
    • Following Nigel Adderley’s praise of a decent passage of play from Rangers, Claridge was dismissive of their “Tippy Tappy” football
    • The quality is not good in the Championship this year – you can go on a bad run and still be in it
    • There are no quality teams like Newcastle and WBA in the Championship this year
    • Adderley praised Rangers’ defensive record and Claridge was straight back at him saying that the defence wasn’t that great, merely that the Rs keep possession well; Adderly compared them to Swansea here
    • Taarabt is on the left because QPR can’t “carry him” in midfield
    • Adderley remarked that Warnock had spent wisely and Claridge rounded on him, saying QPR were the biggest spenders in the division and could afford the luxury of getting Premiership players on big wages, whereas teams like Reading had to trawl the lower divisions
    • When Routledge scored, Claridge cited that as proof of his point: that QPR are only where they are because they can afford Premiership wages; having this financial clout was the reason why QPR are top.

The positive impact of Neil Warnock on the club was not mentioned; conspicuous by its absence perhaps.

Does Claridge have some "history" with Warnock, I wonder?

Of course, none of this matters but it is intriguing and symptomatic of some issues that Claridge has with the Rs but cannot openly articulate.

(FakenhamRanger)

Not being funny mate but how cares??
    How long did he stay a manager 5 mins was it??

Comment

Originally posted by winalotto View Post
      Not being funny mate but how cares??
      How long did he stay a manager 5 mins was it??
      Week in week out there are posts and threads started about Claridge and his comments so I would say quite a few care.

Now what I don't care about are poems, the same threads started over the same subject 5 times in one day, the same i.diot banging on about a lack of strikers week in week out, another Charlie Austin thread etc but I have to put up with it.

I think its a relevant thread and I'm grateful FakenhamRanger took the time to note Claridges comments as it concerns the medias perception of us by the clown who fronts the football league programme.

Comment

The man is one of the dumbest people in football. His comments are either incoherent or wildly inaccurate. Someone should really write in and complain about this idiot.

Comment

Originally posted by The Godfather View Post
          The man is one of the dumbest people in football. Most of his comments are either incoherent or wildly inaccurate. Someone should really write in and complain about this idiot.

He has been getting a lot of abuse and stick from various fans on his blog week in week out.

Comment

Good post & brings home once again what an inept 'pundit' this man is. He is robbing a living by talking out of his ugly ####.

Must of had a big loss on the R's somewhere down the line for so much sh!te to come out of his gob.

Quasimodo looking fool.

Comment

Originally posted by Ric-Roc View Post
              Good post & brings home once again what an inept 'pundit' this man is. He is robbing a living by talking out of his ugly ####.

Must of had a big loss on the R's somewhere down the line for so much sh!te to come out of his gob.

Quasimodo looking fool.
              This sums him up.

BORKED

Comment

In-tra-ducted *speechless*

Comment

Imbecile.
                  Your mum would love me...

Comment

Oh my god....... IN TRA DUC TED...

WOW

Comment

It's frankly amazing that someone so well paid by us (as taxpayers) manages to get so many factual errors into one commentary piece without even starting on his one eyed "opinions".

Has a massive chip on his shoulder. Sometimes wonder if him and Dave Jones have ever had a fling, such is the sheepshaggers love in.

Comment

Dont worry, he will have nothing to say about us in a few months time as the bbc only trust him with championship teams and we wont be one anymore

Blokes a complete #### without an original thought, always has to be prompted
                        its New Era number 8 i tell thee, bring on the fireworks

Comment

Even if it was just about the money, (which it patently isnt e.g. look at cardiff, forest, boro's spending), someone should ask him how he'd explain us not going up anytime over the last 3 seasons, as we've had just as much money then. But not a single mention of NW - very odd, and definitely smacks of a hidden agenda.
                          Last edited by Stanley; 05-02-2011, 02:05 PM.

Comment

The man is an oxygen-thief.

Because he's "been around the block" at so many clubs, he's considered an expert by the lazy-minded plebs at the BBC.

On the Football League coverage on the BBC, Leroy Rosenior is more articulate, more knowledgable, and not wedged firmly up his own ar$e.

How can anyone take a man seriously, when he clearly cuts his own hair? - with a bread knife.
                            Final Version - Hope you like it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1z0UQ0eqRM

Follow Me On Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/QPRGoddard

Comment

dont worry lads when we go up he wont be commentating on uis as they only give him the lower leagues, the blokes a 1st rate **** anyway, numpty

Comment

Working...
                              X