Stadium...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MYU View Post
    If the club charge £30 a ticket we'll end up with 14/15k but reduce the price £15/20 and it could be a full house each game.
    Even at £30 we would sell out 90% of games.

Comment

If the club charge £30 a ticket we'll end up with 14/15k but reduce the price £15/20 and it could be a full house each game.
      Would it though if we were in the Prem? I don't think the price will make a difference on the size our corwds or fanbase. You will be able to watch all our games on line, fixtures will be played at incovienient times which will prevent fans from turning up.

I mean seriously have you thought this through how would the club go about reducing the price to £15/20 game? Oh yeah lets build a 25k stadium at a cost of £100 million in West London and drop the prices for an extra few thousand.

Lets take your maths into consideration for our own stadium at the present moment in time.

Average crowd (QPR fans only) 13k x £30 = £390000
      Full House approx 15.5k QPR fans @ £20 = £310000

We could sell 5000 less tickets on your scale of economics and still make the same in gate reciepts and that is not even calculated at £15 per ticket.

Comment

I don't think anyone is saying a move is an altruistic manouevre to allow a reduced ticket price are they? I think there are only two related facts (an over-used term on message boards but these are a proper use of the word....)

(a) If we stay at LR prices will go through the roof

(b) if we move prices will be higher than they are now

Comment

Originally posted by stanley75 View Post
          I don't think anyone is saying a move is an altruistic manouevre to allow a reduced ticket price are they? I think there are only two related facts (an over-used term on message boards but these are a proper use of the word....)

(a) If we stay at LR prices will go through the roof

(b) if we move prices will be higher than they are now
          Its been an argument doing the rounds for time.

Personally I don'tn think prices will go up considerably if at all as it will be prove to be a p.iss in the ocean in the grand scheme of things and if we got relegated prices would have to fall dramatically.

Comment

Love the first one !!! http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~st...loftus/new.htm

Comment

I mean if we came back down to the championship, we wouldn't want a half empty ground, there must be price in the middle where both club & fans were happy.

Dan, I don't mean having those exact prices but trying to give an example, when I went up to Bradford City FC, they told me they had problems with attendance, they then contacted fans and said if they sold ST at a price of just over £100 a season would they buy?

I'm talking 2 years ago now just before I sold them the idea of Zesh Rehman.

He said they were now getting a full house and I asked 'But you wont make any money'?

He said they do but wouldn't tell me anymore?????

I know we are in London but there must be something we can do to to keep prices cheap and bring people coming, don't forget tourists that Bernie, Flavio can attract?

Comment

I mean if we came back down to the championship, we wouldn't want a half empty ground, there must be price in the middle where both club & fans were happy.

Dan, I don't mean having those exact prices but trying to give an example, when I went up to Bradford City FC, they told me they had problems with attendance, they then contacted fans and said if they sold ST at a price of just over £100 a season would they buy?

I'm talking 2 years ago now just before I sold them the idea of Zesh Rehman.

He said they were now getting a full house and I asked 'But you wont make any money'?

He said they do but wouldn't tell me anymore?????

I know we are in London but there must be something we can do to to keep prices cheap and bring people coming, don't forget tourists that Bernie, Flavio can attract?
                Am I the only person who doesn't give a toss about attracting new fans, I'm almost dredding what our fans will be like in the Premiership. We don't need 20k or 25k fans we need 35k-40k to push on in the Premier League. The best way to keep prices cheap is stop paying players ridiculous wages, maintain a wage structure and not lay out on massive transfer fees meanwhile selling players brought through the youth system.

Gone are the days when provincial football clubs can compete consistently and successfully at the highest level in this country. I love the Championship and I'm going to miss it severly if we get promoted because once our delusions of grandeur dissipate many will realise why it is so overated.

Comment

Originally posted by The White City General View Post
                  Am I the only person who doesn't give a toss about attracting new fans, I'm almost dredding what our fans will be like in the Premiership. We don't need 20k or 25k fans we need 35k-40k to push on in the Premier League. The best way to keep prices cheap is stop paying players ridiculous wages, maintain a wage structure and not lay out on massive transfer fees meanwhile selling players brought through the youth system.

Gone are the days when provincial football clubs can compete consistently and successfully at the highest level in this country. I love the Championship and I'm going to miss it severly if we get promoted because once our delusions of grandeur dissipate many will realise why it is so overated.
                  Agree with you 110% and it all comes back to player wages.

FIFA or who ever is in charge needs to start looking into a wage cap in football otherwise this problem will just get worse, in a few years some players will be getting paid over 300k a week if not more.

Let's look at todays world, we are a small club and in order for us to be there with the best we'll need new fans/supporters, without we stand no chance and I'm sure the club will bring in sponsorship but it's not going to be no where near enough.

In F1 you get sponsors that follow drivers, does this happen in football, if not it may happen.

If we stick to our wage structure, we as a club will lose players to other clubs and that will cause fans to get upset.

Comment

Originally posted by EYR View Post
                    Would hate to see us end up like Coventry 13-14k rattling around in 30,000 ground which is what would happen if we didnt stay up.

Agree let the premier teams slum down LR it could work to our advantage.
                    Southampton is another example.
                    like white city said, plenty of space for
                    away fans, so spend the money on the squad,
                    not the stadium

Comment

FIFA or who ever is in charge needs to start looking into a wage cap in football otherwise this problem will just get worse, in a few years some players will be getting paid over 300k a week if not more.

Let's look at todays world, we are a small club and in order for us to be there with the best we'll need new fans/supporters, without we stand no chance and I'm sure the club will bring in sponsorship but it's not going to be no where near enough.

In F1 you get sponsors that follow drivers, does this happen in football, if not it may happen.

If we stick to our wage structure, we as a club will lose players to other clubs and that will cause fans to get upset.
                      the problem with the wage cap is that you are dealing with several countries, the law/tax in spain is not the same as the law/tax in the UK, so players are going to leave the Premiership clubs anyway, for spain, germany, turkey, etc.

the US can have a wage cap because it is one country and one organization (NFL)

I think the Premiership is going to see an exodus, so wages might go down anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by waterbuffalo View Post
                        the problem with the wage cap is that you are dealing with several countries, the law/tax in spain is not the same as the law/tax in the UK, so players are going to leave the Premiership clubs anyway, for spain, germany, turkey, etc.

the US can have a wage cap because it is one country and one organization (NFL)

I think the Premiership is going to see an exodus, so wages might go down anyway.
                        Just out of curiosity why do think the Prem will see an exodus?

If the pound becomes considerably weaker against the Euro that could be a good reason but I don't think this is going to happen in fact I think it will become stronger. So IMO there would have to be a catalyst from within the game but I just can't see what that will be at present.

Comment

REALLY good discussion here, enjoying the debate.

Comment

This is the point I keep trying to raise on this forum, it is not sustainable for our club to go out build a new stadium or spend 10's of millions on a squad once we are in the Premeir League. We will have to adopt a cautious approach, football in this country is driven by greed and it will be our undoing if we are not careful. I know in Germany they have a different approach to how they do things and it has been a success.

Targets need to be set by Uefa as the main driving force behind greed in the game is the Champions League there is no doubt about it. With regards to wages there needs to be more stringent controls on the ratio between wages:turnover. This is how you will reduce ticket prices, simply throwing more money at the problem such as building a bigger stadium is not the answer. I would also like to see each professional footballer earning in excess of £x amount make a contribution (a very small percentage) to grass roots in this country something which should be enforced by the FA.

Uefa and the FA's of top European countries need to start working together because at the end of the day in our own country 88 teams are suffering because 4 teams are chasing glory and riches in a competition many of us lost interest a very long time ago.
                            Last edited by The White City General; 04-02-2011, 09:44 AM.

Comment

Pub landlady's EU case paves way for Premier League rights revolution

Originally posted by The White City General View Post
                              Just out of curiosity why do think the Prem will see an exodus?

If the pound becomes considerably weaker against the Euro that could be a good reason but I don't think this is going to happen in fact I think it will become stronger. So IMO there would have to be a catalyst from within the game but I just can't see what that will be at present.
                              Sky's stranglehold being broken, resulting in less money being pumped into the game, and driving down salaries and transfer fees?

This current court case could be an example of your catalyst:

Venues showing live Premier League matches from foreign broadcasters are not breaking EU law, court advised. By Mark Sweney
                              Last edited by Stanley; 04-02-2011, 10:39 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X