Adel - Again(!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adel - Again(!)

... I thought he looked tired last night, and a bit heavy-legged.

Totally understandable, and before I make my point, I just want to say that I am probably his biggest fan. I will take any of his cr*p, because he's worth it.

But, I'd start him on the bench on friday.
    I think 3 games in 6 days will catch up with him, and I'd rather see him come on with 30 mins to go, and rip a tiring Reading defence to bits, with a point to prove.

I thought at Hull that we missed out on 3 points because we were very cautious, because we have to keep the back door shut when Adel goes missing. We can't get enough bodies forward at times away from home. Same at Burnley.

At Reading, I'd like to see us go 4-4-2, and work our nuts off to win the game.
    Admittedly, that would be easier if Tommy Smith was fit, and he could play as a hard working striker alongside Ish Miller... but Hulse and Miller would be a real handful for Readings defence, and 4 hard working midfielders would still be a good unit to track back, and a threat going forward.

I watched Adel in the warm up, and even then he was blowing hard. It might be the ideal game to give him a break, but still have his threat later on, if needed.

It's NOT a dig at him, just the best way (I think) to go for 3 points at Reading. That's all.

(Now watch him start, and play like Pele!)

Tin hat on. !
    Final Version - Hope you like it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1z0UQ0eqRM

Follow Me On Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/QPRGoddard

Won't happen Goddard. NW has effectively built his team around Adel.

I honestly think after watching the game last night that fitness was not an issue but more the fact that Pompey closed us down so bloody quickly and hard that I think it made Adel look ineffective when really it was just decent tactics employed by Portsmouth.

Personal opinion only of course.

Comment

Agree mate, it wont happen.

It was just a brain-fart I had.

Comment

Agree he may have looked a little tired or maybe heavy-legged last night. But looked i think is the key word there.

Personally speaking i think he is fine tired wise, i think after Saturday his intentions last night was to keep things simple and not to over do anything.. Taking that into account he was still effective and as we know scored and set one up.

People not there last night would prob say "Taarabt clearly had another good game then" far from it, and as the pompey manager suggested people reading our result in the paper will assume we done pompey over.. For those of us there last night it clearly wasnt like that, we had a very tough game last night and besides our goals (the 1st of which was extremely lucky) pompey actually prob had the better chances..

Kitson in particular.
        Cant believe it, ive been PWOPER MUGGED ORF...

Comment

I've been saying similar for a while Goddard.

If for whatever reason Tarbs were to miss a game, I'd love to see us employ a 4-4-2 with Smith and Routledge on the wings delivering crosses for Miller and Hulse/HH.. think it could work well.

Also think Tarbs could cause teams huge problems when coming off the bench - won't happen though.

Comment

I must make clear, before I get a good cyber-kicking... I meant only in very select games, and only away from home.

But, wont happen.

Comment

He was closing down players in the 86+ min, as mentioned above we fell into Pompeys trap, we never got wide, I can only remember one cross that Miller got in the entire game.
              Kept the faith!

Comment

away from home id like us to stick with our normal system but if we are gonna lump it long dont play miller up top play hulse or hh.

AT home id prefer us to go for teams abit more. play a 4-4-2 put adel wide.. let derry and faurlin sit and play 2 strikers up front
                Soldier: "im on reconnaissance sir.. im looking for our camouflage expert.. have you seen him?"
                Lovejoy: "No?!"
                Soldier: "GOD DAMNIT THAT GUYS GOOD!"

Please Follow My Twitter

Comment

Got to start with Adel on Friday IMO. He along with the rest of the squad will then have 9 days off to recover until the Forest game on 13 Feb...

Comment

Originally posted by Goddard View Post
                    ... I thought he looked tired last night, and a bit heavy-legged.

Totally understandable, and before I make my point, I just want to say that I am probably his biggest fan. I will take any of his cr*p, because he's worth it.

But, I'd start him on the bench on friday.
                    I think 3 games in 6 days will catch up with him, and I'd rather see him come on with 30 mins to go, and rip a tiring Reading defence to bits, with a point to prove.

I thought at Hull that we missed out on 3 points because we were very cautious, because we have to keep the back door shut when Adel goes missing. We can't get enough bodies forward at times away from home. Same at Burnley.

At Reading, I'd like to see us go 4-4-2, and work our nuts off to win the game.
                    Admittedly, that would be easier if Tommy Smith was fit, and he could play as a hard working striker alongside Ish Miller... but Hulse and Miller would be a real handful for Readings defence, and 4 hard working midfielders would still be a good unit to track back, and a threat going forward.

I watched Adel in the warm up, and even then he was blowing hard. It might be the ideal game to give him a break, but still have his threat later on, if needed.

It's NOT a dig at him, just the best way (I think) to go for 3 points at Reading. That's all.

(Now watch him start, and play like Pele!)

Tin hat on. !
                    Someone started a thread the other day about resting him for the Hull match and got laughed at.

Comment

Originally posted by The White City General View Post
                      Someone started a thread the other day about resting him for the Hull match and got laughed at.
                      Someone also suggested the same for Derby away but was told not to be so silly by everyone. Hindsight and all that...........

Comment

I was surprised he didnt come off earlier last night. Once the second goal went in, the job was pretty much done, and thre was no need to keep him on when we have PVM on the bench. There have been games where he has come off arguably too early, but this time, I think he was on too long

Comment

Originally posted by Dando View Post
                          I was surprised he didnt come off earlier last night. Once the second goal went in, the job was pretty much done, and thre was no need to keep him on when we have PVM on the bench. There have been games where he has come off arguably too early, but this time, I think he was on too long
                          2 weeks ago he came off just 4 min before the end of the match and we got punished ... happened many time this and last season when he was subbed.. the opposite teams they just become more dangerous and often they score, our team returns to defending for some reason and end up by bottling it..

Comment

I think it would give the Reading players a huge lift if he was left on the bench and consequently they may have a real go at us. With our normal 11 i think they will be slightly cautious and slightly defensive. Even the bigger teams recently at home like Hull and Burnley have set up in a defensive manner as they respect our attacking threat. We have just not been clinical enough or created enough to turn 1 point into 3 in these games.

Comment

Originally posted by SammyKojoe View Post
                              I think it would give the Reading players a huge lift if he was left on the bench and consequently they may have a real go at us. With our normal 11 i think they will be slightly cautious and slightly defensive. Even the bigger teams recently at home like Hull and Burnley have set up in a defensive manner as they respect our attacking threat. We have just not been clinical enough or created enough to turn 1 point into 3 in these games.
                              Fair comment.

His presense does scare the sh*t out of teams, even on their own grounds.

Comment

Working...
                              X