the term 'legend'........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the term 'legend'........

do some use it too loosely????........imho adel tarrabt is no where near qpr legendary status.......yes he is a fantastically gifted individual in the'2nd ' teir of english football.........but until he produces on a consistant basis he never will be..........ian gillard/alan macdonald/ simon stainrod/willow wil;son........all less gifted but way above tarbs as qpr'legends' in my book........anyone agree???
    you know nothing john snow!!!!

Adel is nowhere near a Qpr legend
    if he goes in the summer and lets face it he probably will i gotta feeling he's just gonna be another ex player.

Comment

i have gallen and furlong ahead of tarbs in terms of qpr legends.

i think being a model professional also factors into it. i mean adel's tantrums go against him in this sort of light. to be a legend at any club you've got to want to make the club better ahead of yourself. adel see's us a stepping stone.
      Soldier: "im on reconnaissance sir.. im looking for our camouflage expert.. have you seen him?"
      Lovejoy: "No?!"
      Soldier: "GOD DAMNIT THAT GUYS GOOD!"

Please Follow My Twitter

Comment

You are not a legend at a club until you are the inspairation for some thing. If Adel continues and that takes us to the Prem then we are getting closer.

I personally feel you have to show loyalty, for many years, to be a Legend at a club. Ryan Giggs is a Man U Legend. Christiano Ronaldo is not, but he is the better player.

Adel is the most skillful player I have ever seen in the hoops, so he could be a Legend, but I think he will be gone in summer or the following summer......if we have won the Prem by then.....he will still be a Legend!
        twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

Originally posted by GaxZE View Post
          i have gallen and furlong ahead of tarbs in terms of qpr legends.

i think being a model professional also factors into it. i mean adel's tantrums go against him in this sort of light. to be a legend at any club you've got to want to make the club better ahead of yourself. adel see's us a stepping stone.
          fully concur old chap........well put!!!
          you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by factamondo View Post
            do some use it too loosely????........imho adel tarrabt is no where near qpr legendary status.......yes he is a fantastically gifted individual in the'2nd ' teir of english football.........but until he produces on a consistant basis he never will be..........ian gillard/alan macdonald/ simon stainrod/willow wil;son........all less gifted but way above tarbs as qpr'legends' in my book........anyone agree???
            Totally agree...... Sick of seeing people like Bircham etc. being called a legend.

Legends are very special and should be few and far between....
            A message to the other Premier League clubs when they visit Loftus Road.....

"NUESTRA GLORIA, VUESTRO INFIERNO"

(If you don't understand it, then learn Spanish. It is the language of world football.....)

Comment

He's not played enough games for us yet or achieved anything with us.
              If he gets us promoted this season then he's two thirds of the way there for me

Comment

I'm not fishing out a dictionary but I suspect the term legend derives from being widely known or talked about (and not necessarily for good or positive reasons).
                So, a terribly mediocre player could become legendary just by playing 400 games for one club. Personally I feel Adel is so widely talked about amongst us for a plethora of reasons such as skill, impudence, hissy-fits, goals etc etc I think he's 99% sealed his legend status. We are in a age where are there are no characters and many players get by purely on athleticsm and effort... Adel just sticks out like a sore thumb as someone different.

Comment

... just want to make it clear that I love Adel, he's worth all the issues.
                  Fantastic, etc..

But, has anyone ever seen him head a football??!

I can't remember seeing it, once.
                  Final Version - Hope you like it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1z0UQ0eqRM

Follow Me On Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/QPRGoddard

Comment

Good point! No I havent.

Comment

Originally posted by factamondo View Post
                      Totally agree, he's only been here 5 minutes how can he be a legend?

Comment

think I saw him head a ball once, close to goal at a home game........... can't remember which one

Comment

i've seen shittu mentioned as "legend returns" which is laughable,but if you can attach the legend label to bircham,gallen and furlong then it must be acceptable.if taarabt has a season like this one for us in the premiership then legend he is.

Comment

if he gets us promoted with his assists and goals he will be a legend forever more.

Comment

I think we will look back in a few years and regard Taarabt as a legend or even sooner if we get to the Prem

Its been a while since I have seen a player perform with skill and do it with class at the R's and he has played a major part were we are in the league now

Comment

Working...
                              X