millers disallowed goal against hull?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• millers disallowed goal against hull?

this is the pass and him and the defender just before he touches and controls the ball.
    offside or not? bloody close whatever it is, and we have deffo lost our rub of the green and luck.

oh by the way, it was a superb control and run into the area and he buried it past the keeper on the one on one. no other rangers striker could do that. i think he is still going to eb the man after seeing that. so unlucky getting that one chalked off.
    Last edited by G.T.P; 01-02-2011, 12:45 AM.

But thats when he got the ball, we need to see where he was when the pass was made.

Comment

he hadnt got it yet, it was going toward him, and that was before he had touched it or controlled it, do you think he jumped back then? ha ha
      i tried to do it from the pass, but the telly wouldnt stop at that part and get the passer and him in the shot.

Comment

My impression at that time (with admittedly crappy face-on view from behind the goal) was he was well onside when ball was played). His reaction and looks to linesman suggested that he knew he was onside.

Comment

Originally posted by G.T.P View Post
          he hadnt got it yet, it was going toward him, and that was before he had touched it or controlled it, do you think he jumped back then? ha ha
          i tried to do it from the pass, but the telly wouldnt stop at that part and get the passer and him in the shot.
          Pointless putting that pic up as it shows us nothing.

He looks close there but when the ball was played he may have been on or off.

Comment

I've watched the replay several times. When Smith passed the ball to him which is what counts, he was offside...just. Your picture doesnt show this.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley76 View Post
              I've watched the replay several times. When Smith passed the ball to him which is what counts, he was offside...just. Your picture doesnt show this.
              Exactly, its when the ball is played that counts, not when he receives it.

Another women who doesn't know the offside rule, Andy Gray would have a field day.

Comment

Originally posted by Morris View Post
                Pointless putting that pic up as it shows us nothing.

He looks close there but when the ball was played he may have been on or off.
                come on man, stop nit picking, unless it was a 50 yard ball, hes hardly going to be much further in front than he is now is he, as both players move toward the ball dont they?
                it was quite a short pass at speed, so take it from me he was about there when the ball was released by smith yeah
                i couldnt get it to stop from the pass as it went to quick.

Comment

it looked very marginal, but probably correct. However I preferred the rule a few seasons ago when there had to be daylight between players i.e. a gap between the forward and the defender, rather than his big toe was slightly ahead.

Comment

Originally posted by G.T.P View Post
                    come on man, stop nit picking, unless it was a 50 yard ball, hes hardly going to be much further in front than he is now is he, as both players move toward the ball dont they?
                    it was quite a short pass at speed, so take it from me he was about there when the ball was released by smith yeah
                    i couldnt get it to stop from the pass as it went to quick.
                    The Hull defenders pushed up in that split second, making him offside. Like I say, I watched it closely several times. It was very tight though.

Comment

put it this way, if it were allowed i dont think the hull players would of gone on strike in sheer disgust and the hull manager asking for a rematch after the game finished eh.

Comment

Men linesmen...
                        Faurlin is my hero!!! Love him!!! #########

Comment

He was about half a yard off when I saw a replay tonight. Very close for the lino to call but I think he just got it right unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by swanleyhoop View Post
                            Men linesmen...

Comment

If he'd been wearing a Man U shirt, he'd never have been given offside.
                              Ramaggio, whoa-oah
                              Ramaggio, whoa-oah
                              He scored against Blackpool
                              To make me look a fool

Comment

Working...
                              X