No announcement yet.

How Many Points Needed For Promotion??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Many Points Needed For Promotion??

Speaking to a few people on Saturday, they seem to think with the congestion in the league table that 80-82, would be enough, I think it going to take at least 85.

In your opinion, how many points get us promoted?

9 wins 5 draws..4 defeats
    ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
    THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Aim for 90+, not 80-82.

Comment

SPC did some stats a few weeks ago and I think the average points total needed was 86. So I say at least 86
      I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Promotion & Play Off league tables from the last 5 seasons

09/10
        1 Newcastle 102
        2 WBA 91
        3 Nottm Forest 79
        4 Cardiff City 76
        5 Leicester City 76
        6 Blackpool 70

08/09
        1 Wolves 90
        2 Birmingham 83
        3 Sheffield Utd 80
        4 Reading 77
        5 Burnley 76
        6 Preston 74

07/08
        1 WBA 81
        2 Stoke City 79
        3 Hull City 75
        4 Bristol City 74
        5 Crystal Palace 71
        6 Watford 70

06/07
        1 Sunderland 88
        2 Birmingham 86
        3 Derby County 84
        4 WBA 76
        5 Wolves 76
        6 Southampton 75

05/06
        1 Reading 106
        2 Sheffield Utd 90
        3 Watford 81
        4 Preston 80
        5 Leeds United 78
        6 Crystal Palace 75
        We got our Ranger's back!

Comment

So on those stats the highest required is 85 and the lowest is 76,forgot to add that 1point more than third is all that is required not the points total achieved by second place.
          Last edited by loftboy; 31-01-2011, 07:19 PM.

Comment

83 and we are up simple has

Comment

10 wins we up

Comment

82 auto, 88 champs

Comment

I dont think you can say this ammount or that ammount gets you promoted, its so tight it will go right to the wire in my opinion, its just whose got the bottle

Comment

im a superstitious person and we was on an amazing run when ever pete created the thread "how many points this month"

since its stopped ive been worried about our lead at the top!
                    Soldier: "im on reconnaissance sir.. im looking for our camouflage expert.. have you seen him?"
                    Lovejoy: "No?!"
                    Soldier: "GOD DAMNIT THAT GUYS GOOD!"

Please Follow My Twitter

Comment

1 more than third place or a better goal difference, which we have right now.
                      Last edited by QPRbob; 01-02-2011, 07:53 AM.
                      Opinions are like A******s, everyone has one, but nobody wants to see the other guy's.
                      -----------------------------------------------------------------
                      https://twitter.com/#!/QPRBOB

Comment

Don't think Pete is a million miles away and I think 9 wins, 5 draws and 4 defeats is an unrealistic return for us to get. Specialy if we can nick points of teams imediatley below us.

Comment

our current form isn't suggesting we'll make 85 points, we need to get a run going as we're being slowly wound in.

last 8 games = 12 points

18 games to go at same form = 27 points

add to current total = 80 points
                          Last edited by Pyrford Ranger; 01-02-2011, 12:30 PM.

Comment

I did that predictor thing and one thing is noticeable - all top sides have some real 6 pointers to come.

I have us as champions by 1 point from Cardiff (88 points to their 87, followed by Lids 84Norwich 83, Forest 82 and Swansea 79.

That makes it a tight and nervous second half for sure (and includes a draw on the final day with Leeds. - if we lost that one we still win it with 87 - on GD and Leeds still third with 86!!!

Mind you, if I or any one of us could predict results for the rest of the season that well, we'd be soooohhhhh rich!
                            #standuptocancer
                            #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post
                              I did that predictor thing and one thing is noticeable - all top sides have some real 6 pointers to come.

I have us as champions by 1 point from Cardiff (88 points to their 87, followed by Lids 84Norwich 83, Forest 82 and Swansea 79.

That makes it a tight and nervous second half for sure (and includes a draw on the final day with Leeds. - if we lost that one we still win it with 87 - on GD and Leeds still third with 86!!!

Mind you, if I or any one of us could predict results for the rest of the season that well, we'd be soooohhhhh rich!
                              i dont need the heart attack of that! rather we have it sewn up before then
                              Soldier: "im on reconnaissance sir.. im looking for our camouflage expert.. have you seen him?"
                              Lovejoy: "No?!"
                              Soldier: "GOD DAMNIT THAT GUYS GOOD!"

Please Follow My Twitter

Comment

Working...
                              X