Two Points Lost, Not A Point Gained

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two Points Lost, Not A Point Gained

I won't bore people with a long report, as it will bore even more people than having to watch 90 minutes of dire championship football.

Before we set off, I think it fair to say the expectancy would be to draw your away games and win your home games, the problem with this one is that Hull City were shocking and we simply stooped to their level. You won't get many worse teams in this league apart from say Preston and Palace and we simply never played on the day. Now if we beat Portsmouth and get a draw at Reading then it will be going according to plan, but I just feel some of the away games and home games coming up, will really test our reserve.

These are the games you should be winning, based on the way Hull City played.

The main talking point was about Taarabt and his petulance, which means no big club will go near him with a barge pole and his agent can talk it up all he likes, but the attitude he showed towards the end of the first half, no-one will take a risk let alone a 10 million pound risk, until he cuts that aspect out, he won't end up anywhere else outside this level.
    ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
    THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
    I won't bore people with a long report, as it will bore even more people than having to watch 90 minutes of dire championship football.

Before we set off, I think it fair to say the expectancy would be to draw your away games and win your home games, the problem with this one is that Hull City were shocking and we simply stooped to their level. You won't get many worse teams in this league apart from say Preston and Palace and we simply never played on the day. Now if we beat Portsmouth and get a draw at Reading then it will be going according to plan, but I just feel some of the away games and home games coming up, will really test our reserve.

These are the games you should be winning, based on the way Hull City played.

The main talking point was about Taarabt and his petulance, which means no big club will go near him with a barge pole and his agent can talk it up all he likes, but the attitude he showed towards the end of the first half, no-one will take a risk let alone a 10 million pound risk, until he cuts that aspect out, he won't end up anywhere else outside this level.
    Disagree these sort of games will always course problems. Look at Hulls home record reminds me a lot of Sousa's time at ours. We stand more chance of getting a result against Reading, Cardiff, Watford, Scunthorpe & Doncaster; ie teams with something to play for or who play free flowing football. Coventry last week tried to take the game to us that's why we got a result.

Comment

Sounds like a good game then ;)
      Games until premiership end:35
      current position:12th

Comment

I just felt Hull City were poor and we never captulised, many teams in the top 6 would in the same situation.

The way game panned out to a bore draw, thats why I was disappointed
        THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Agree though we should easily be winning against Hull and such like!
          Games until premiership end:35
          current position:12th

Comment

I just felt Hull City were poor and we never captulised, many teams in the top 6 would in the same situation.

The way game panned out to a bore draw, thats why I was disappointed
            Look at their home record though. Cardiff and Norwich haven't played there yet but nobody else in the top 10 has won up there. Swansea lost, Watford, Forest and Reading only managed draws.

Comment

Think it was the way game panned out.

They played us lot of respect, devoid of any attacking ambition and we did not captalise.

Happy with a draw before the game, because I expected some kind of pressure on us.

Comment

You mean like Norwich did against relegation favourites Palace?

Comment

Originally posted by wicksta View Post
                  You mean like Norwich did against relegation favourites Palace?

We have to learn to deal with games like this.We are where we are because we are a good team.Now we have to learn that we don't have the god given right to just expect three points.Teams will play like this against us now till end of season.Hull will see this as a good point gained.

Comment

We were running the clock down from the first 5 minutes of the second half, big old hoof from Kenny every time apart from one roll out which got ironic cheers.

not pleasant watching at all, i suppose if these tactics get us up they will be justified. drawing away games and winning at home is only good enough if 2 or more teams dont do better than that, I am afraid by the end of the season there is going to be a couple who probably will.
                    its New Era number 8 i tell thee, bring on the fireworks

Comment

Agree with QBP. Sooner or later these "great results" against Burnley/Hull will turn into Norwich style 1-0 defeats. We need to be more positive and score teams out of games rather than just clinging on.
                      http://twitter.com/#!/superhoops10

Comment

Could it be that we need a plan B?
                        QPR
                        Best team in the world
                        Sort of

Comment

Win at home and draw away. Simple. Job done!
                          First game: Arsenal vs Queen's Park Rangers at Highbury, Saturday 17th November 1984.

Comment

Originally posted by HammersmithR View Post
                            Win at home and draw away. Simple. Job done!
                            Not if other teams do the same.

Small word of caution:

Forest are only 1 point behind us if they win their 2 games in hand
                            Bardiff only 3 behind if they win theirs.

Long, long way to go yet.

Comment

Same at Burnley IMO.
                              And v Bristol City and that's where the win at home/draw away case falls over. Pressures you into playing catchup.
                              And in betting terms, playing catchup is a recipe for disaster.

But a point at Hull is not the worst (they're on a good run) and if it had been played on original date around Watford & Leeds games, we may have lost that too.

Comment

Working...
                              X