Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Austin in Burnley talks

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/foot...wn/9378506.stm

Let them take him, we've got better attacking options now imo.

Originally posted by W12hoops View Post

Have we ? like who, the last time I looked we had Hulse (one accidental goal all season), Helguson (injured) and Miller - yet to prove his fitness yet alone goal scoring ability and can be recalled anytime.

Comment

????? who?

Comment

Hulse, is a proven striker in this level just had a tough season so far. Helguson also a proven striker at this level. Miller also a proven striker..... Austin scored 17 goals in league one?! If we sign him permanently he'd be stuck with us in PL which I can't see him handle actually.
        If we do sign any striker this window I would prefer a proven striker who can play championship and PL football.

Comment

If we sign him permanently he'd be stuck with us in PL which I can't see him handle actually.
          Not being funny but £1.5m for a player with obvious scoring ability would be very easy to recoup if we went up.

Excellent value for money imho.

Comment

My point is that I would rather sign a player who has the quality to play PL football, not sign a player who might be sold in summer window.
            But who knows I might be wrong Austin might do well in Burnley and be valued to £10m in the summer window.

Comment

At least we have already played Burnley twice already this season. He can't do any damage to us anyway...

Comment

I agree with your point but getting a PL quality forward is easier said than done. The kid can only score past what's in front of him & up til now has done that every year of his short career. I just want to go up, after that we will worry about things. The board have been very sensible with the players they have brought in on free, short term contracts & loans so 1 buy at a relatively small amount of money is not a big risk imo.

Comment

Is it £1.5m? Good business for Swindon if it is. The gulf in Leagues is huge and he is very unproven so it is a gamble to bring him up. But Burnley can afford it with that parachute dosh burning a hole. Of course, on paper so could we and it is a shame we are not in the market, but if he does step up him going to Burnley is good news since we are done with playing them and they still have to play promotion rivals. So good luck to the lad.

Comment

Originally posted by rodman View Post
                    Have we ? like who, the last time I looked we had Hulse (one accidental goal all season), Helguson (injured) and Miller - yet to prove his fitness yet alone goal scoring ability and can be recalled anytime.

Totally agree.

I will also add that Helguson has never really looked the part in a QPR shirt. All but two of his goals this season have been pens.

Also Miller is doubtful for Hull, as is Helguson.

QPR don't have enough decent striking options and are perhaps being foolish in not putting in a bid for Austin.

Comment

Originally posted by Ric-Roc View Post
                      I agree with your point but getting a PL quality forward is easier said than done. The kid can only score past what's in front of him & up til now has done that every year of his short career. I just want to go up, after that we will worry about things. The board have been very sensible with the players they have brought in on free, short term contracts & loans so 1 buy at a relatively small amount of money is not a big risk imo.
                      I would say, if we do want to go up let's not sign Austin who is a bit of a gamble at this level imo. If we want more striker options why not sign for ex. Lita on loan for rest of the season? It's a proven goalscorer and we have an option to look at other players after the season. If we achieve promotion QPR will be much more attractive to quality players and hopefully the board will put out more than £1,5m for Austin. Just my opinon folks.

Comment

Austin is a huge gamble regardless of the fact he has been scoring goals in league 1.

IMO Miller is a similar type striker but with more pace.

I'd rather have miller in my team over austin.

We now should sign a Lita type of striker for plan B.
                        I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

I would be more than happy with Lita.

Comment

Originally posted by stanley75 View Post
                            Is it £1.5m? Good business for Swindon if it is. The gulf in Leagues is huge and he is very unproven so it is a gamble to bring him up. But Burnley can afford it with that parachute dosh burning a hole. Of course, on paper so could we and it is a shame we are not in the market, but if he does step up him going to Burnley is good news since we are done with playing them and they still have to play promotion rivals. So good luck to the lad.

True, their is a big gulf, but he comfortably made the transition from Poole's low level into League 1.

Also, Pitman and Morison have shown they can step up as did Hooper & Cox last season.

DJ Campbell and Beckford are not looking too out of place in the PL either.

Comment

would take a gamble on austin but if he goes to burnley and scores against our promotion rivals then happy days anyway.
                              PRIDE OF LONDON.

Comment

Working...
                              X