Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

9 Homes Games Left..How Will Sky Affect you Attending?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes i know it is a sign of our success that Sky/BBC want to televise us but ffs no home game since end of Nov?
    Also i don't like the fact that we will be playing after everyone else, adding the pressure on us.

Comment

Can only attend Saturday afternoon games, so will miss all games re arranged :(

Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
      One for all.... and all for one

Comment

If you consider this situation it's out of order if folk have splashed out £500 on a ST, but like Bigears above can't make a Sunday or midweek re-arranged game.

Bookies have a good idea before the season who will finish where and get it 70-80% right (or they would all go out of business) so why can't Sky etc get the dates set in August!?

Comment

I know how frustrating this is for fans who are only able to attend on Saturday as well as the comment that said making our games on Sunday add more pressure on us.

For me it is good news to watch more games as I am not in the UK!
          Last edited by Yousef; 25-01-2011, 09:39 AM.
          QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

Originally posted by Rich View Post
            If you consider this situation it's out of order if folk have splashed out £500 on a ST, but like Bigears above can't make a Sunday or midweek re-arranged game.

Bookies have a good idea before the season who will finish where and get it 70-80% right (or they would all go out of business) so why can't Sky etc get the dates set in August!?
            Never going to happen - teams storm up the table and others fall away. A game that looks massive in September cd be a dead rubber by April. Us v Leeds at the end of the season is looking massive now - but would it have been at the start of the season? You better get used to this boys - you can play in the Vauxhall Conference and rely on having a 3 oclock Sat kick off every game of the season but it won't be like that in the Premiership. And if you want all that filthy money to buy star players you should be glad of it. Yes its a shame about Saturdays but fans can't constantly demand to have it both ways.

Comment

I think Sunday lunchtime ko's are the worst for anyone.

I mentioned this in another thread but the fans we or anyone in that case lose due to people who have to play Sunday league footie or parents taking their kids to play footie for Sunday league teams hits big time.

And that's even without it being on TV, which makes it even worse.

I'd prefer a later Sunday or change of time on a Saturday than the early Sundays anytime.
              Queens Park Rangers
              NPower Champions 2010/2011

PREMIER LEAGUE 2011 - ETERNITY (Oh well got that wrong, we'll be back though)

Comment

Took the boy to his game Sunday morning but he had to come off at half time so we could get to game, he wasn't to happy nor was his manager as they were playing top of the league. Lunch time K.Os. are not going to be the best.

Comment

I am able to attend all games so it shouldnt effect me atall..
                  Cant believe it, ive been PWOPER MUGGED ORF...

Comment

Originally posted by Bigears View Post
                    Can only attend Saturday afternoon games, so will miss all games re arranged :(

Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
                    Same here, mate. Even if we get to the Premiership and with all the re-arranging that takes place there, still can't see us us having over 3 months without a Saturday home game. Ridiculous.

As a Pay and Go customer, I'm holding back buying my tickets until the remaining fixtures are finalised. Otherwise I'd have to sell them on to someone else who can go on Fridays and Sundays.

Comment

I'll be going to nearly all the home games and four more away, Reading, Donny, Boro, and Cardiff but only because I'm self employed and to a certain extent can pick and choose my hours. Problem with Sunday lunchtime's is that my lads play football, basketball and cricket all of which are Sunday morning/early afternoon. Their managers are getting a bit pi**ed off now with them missing training/games etc.

Our location means that for some night games and early ko's we have no choice but to drive when we prefer to take the train. I drive all week for my job so a few beers on the train to and from the footy is always welcome.

Next season we'll have to re-think what we do and what games we attend. All a bit of a pain as Saturday 3pm KO are always the best, time to party before and after the game.
                      22nd February away v Charlton is the 40th Anniversary of my support of QPR and my first game. Away v Chelsea 3-3 23rd Feb 1974. 40 years of pure magic!!

Comment

If they move Cardiff Palace and Watford I will be delighted as I will probably able to go whereas at the moment I can't!!!
                        oldhoop

The Bread Mans Blue and White Army

Comment

Working...
                        X