X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adel Taarabt - Legend

Brilliant Article

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.c...aarabt-legend/

Having watched Neil Warnock’s press conference it struck me just how long he spent talking about Adel Taarabt. He spent a good 5 minutes discussing The Moroccan, despite constantly sounding off about the virtues of team spirit and togetherness. It’s reminiscent of American sports such as Basketball and Football (theirs) where one player can have such a massive influence. The papers today are awash with analysis and comment on our number 7 and the England captain has tweeted about him. All this adds up to one thing, we are currently watching a Rangers legend.

I’m too young to remember Bowles and Marsh so the only touchstone I have for a legendary player scenario such as this is Les Ferdinand. He is, and most probably will always, remain my favorite ever QPR player just for the sheer adulation I bestowed upon him as a youngster, but Taarabt is getting mighty close. ‘Worth the entrance fee alone’ should be embezzled on Adel’s forehead it’s been mentioned so many times. He is pure entertainment and possesses the trait that we love most in footballers, flawed genius. Best, Bowles, Maradonna, Gascoigne all adored, all flawed, I see no reason why Adel can’t join those ranks. I unashamedly believe that Taarabt is possibly the most skillful player in the world, no seriously I do. I believe he has the potential to win the ballon d’or, he won’t though because he is a flawed genius. Right now QPR is perfect for him, he is bertie big ********, the captain, the hero, the legend. His manager adores him and he adores the manager right back. He’s head and shoulders above the rest of the division and QPR have him due to some glitch in The Matrix. As the song goes ‘Taarabt’s to good for you’ and he is, he’s to good for us.

Adel Taarabt will leave Loftus Road, and should we secure promotion he will do so a legend, we have already seen him linked with a move to Newcastle but let’s be honest he’s better than that. Even Steve Keene thanked Warnock for resting Taarabt during our cup game up there, he’s to good for Blackburn too. Yesterday via some poxy football rumors website an interesting article appeared stating that Sir Alex Ferguson was looking at Adel. We all laughed and said it was ridiculous…. but is it? Now I hate United, really I do but honestly if Taarabt stays in England there is nowhere he is better suited for. Old red nose has done it before with Cantona and Ronaldo, taking flawed genius’ and extracting phenomenal football players, he could easily do it again. I’d hate more than anything to see Taarabt sold to a Sunderland, Bolton or Fulham, he may as well stay at QPR than join teams bobbing around mid table. Taarabt is everything we love about football, drama. If he isn’t scoring the winning goal in a cup final then he may as well be scoring the goal that keeps QPR in the Premier League or fires them there. Even QPR fans wouldn’t begrudge him a move to Old Trafford, Anfield or The Emirates. Man City would be a bitter pill to swallow, Chelsea is unthinkable without the stomach turning.

All this seems an over reaction to a player who has had half a good season in The Championship, fans of Watford, Leeds and Norwich will tell you they managed to keep him quiet. QPR fans know though, they know they are witnessing something special, Adel Taarabt could be one of the best players in the world. He knows it too, he knows he has to learn right now though because he still doesn’t know when to pass, when not to throw a strop and how to battle every now and again but these attributes you can learn, playing a defense splitting ball with the outside of your boot to win a game you can’t. So sit back Rangers fans and enjoy it, enjoy watching a phenomenal talent play his career shaping years at Loftus Road because he won’t be here forever. Could his name ring out from the stands of Old Trafford? Perhaps. Will he go on to be a worldwide household name? Potentially. Will he go down in history as a QPR legend? Undoubtedly.

Great read.

I was having a discussion about who is the most 'skillful'player in world football. Messi is the best but I wouldnt say the most skillful. For pure skill I can only think of Ronaldinho, Neymar, & Robinho at the moment for tricks and flicks.

Adel, has the potential to go on to be a world superstar, but so did Quaresma and Denilson. It depends if he wants it that bad, I hope he does, so we can say we made him ;)

Good luck to him, because he can have the world at his feet in a couple of years.
    @chrisrobson9

Comment

Detractors will go on about him not cutting it at Spurs. However everyone forgets he was a teenager in a foreign land with a barrel-load of hype on his shoulders. He's matured, settled and developed since then and basically found his feet playing with us.

Comment

Our Right Back's a Manager ?

Seriously, top post, but let's not be quite so keen to offer him to Man Utd.
        We need him to achieve our dream this season and I'd love to see him playing in The Hoops in the Prem next season, if only until the Transfer window opened in 2012.

Might be worth offering him a new improved contract on the proviso we get promoted. Lengthen the deal, so we get maximum funds when he eventaully gets itchy feet for pastures new.

Comment

Very good read.

I think you'll right, he will end up at a team like Manchester United in my opinion.

Hopefully not for the next 18 months !!

If we did go up, he will actually win games for us in the premiership, he is that good. Bit petulent and can sulk through games, but what a talent!!

Still don't think he should be club captain though, but thats a different subject altogether
          ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
          THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Great read. I also think promotion or not he will move on which will be hard to take but expected. I don't think he will go to man utd, I'll be honest destroying teams in the championship is one thing but there's still a ? On how well he could do against the top teams. I could see him playing for someone like ath.madrid/Valencia/juventus tho and maybe go on to better things from there. If we get promoted he will definitely go down as a legend and I'm sure everyone would wish him the best wherever be ends up.

Comment

Ever since the 1st loan game he played for us, have loved him to bits.
              They seek him here.................

Comment

Decent read.

Legend in the making yes but I always get this feeling with Adel he's like a bird you really fancy but she just won't commit to you, you know she cares but you also know when the handsome man with the sports car comes along she's off....

But while he's here I will continue to watch in awe his beautiful game.

Comment

I really think he will end up in Spain, not a top English club.

He will be playing in the Champions League sometime.
                  twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

maradona didnt leave Napoli , idem Adel will not leave QPR.
                    back to glory days !!!! QPR rules. I want we smatch spuds , arsenal, manu , chelksi and city next year. then smatch barca and real madrid in semi final and final of the championship league.

Comment

it's the vision he has that's eye-popping, we've all seen glimpses of it, a nonchalant run, then a pass nobody was expecting. Trouble is, it catches our players out too, though WR was reading it well on saturday.

The flick pass or shot is the new move at the moment, as players are waiting to re-act to a pulled back leg for a pass or shot, and it catches goalkeepers out, Henri was one of the first doing the flick-shot and scoring. It's all about being one step ahead. I think Henri was also one of the first to shoot low all the time, now everyone's doing it.

Comment

Originally posted by rockandroll View Post
                        maradona didnt leave Napoli , idem Adel will not leave QPR.
                        back to glory days !!!! QPR rules. I want we smatch spuds , arsenal, manu , chelksi and city next year. then smatch barca and real madrid in semi final and final of the championship league.
                        smatch?

Comment

He's the new johaan cruyff.
                          They seek him here.................

Comment

Working...
                          X