Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you be prepared to cancel your SkySports subscription ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no women in football and sack all the old ugly bints that are clogging up the telly...and tell that Karen Brady not to get her knickers in a twist over the slightest thing, think Paul needs to give her a good going over

Comment

Originally posted by Gerryhatrick View Post
      So who could replace **** n Andy?

I always liked Robbie Earles analysis, thought he was spot on most times. Then he got sacked from BBC for something before world cup wasn't it?
      Dunno who else, Robbie Savage will want a job next year in the media!! haha.
      Maybe Dion Dublin or Jamie Redknap
      no way jose....the guy is a complete tool. worse than gray.
      Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
      Pawel Wszolek - 6
      Luke Freeman - 6
      Matt Smith - 6
      Ebere Eze - 4
      Joel Lynch - 3
      Tomer Hemed - 3
      Toni Leistner - 2
      Massimo Luongo- 2
      Angel Rangel - 2
      Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
      Geoff Cameron - 1
      Aramide Oteh - 1
      Jake Bidwell - 1
      Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

women dont know the offside rule as most men dont. Sack them both...very dull. a mate of mine works in the studios with them alot and said ritchard keys is the most arrogant little turd there is...Chris its unbelieveable kamara with.............................................. .................................................. .....................Rodney marsh. would be a good show. who wants to watch andy gray talk what blade of grass the ball rolls over. its utter muck there show..
        http://twitter.com/Mellowhoop

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
          no way jose....the guy is a complete tool. worse than gray.
          Agreed. He talks so much ******.

Truth be told gray and keys were just saying what most of us were thinking. They won't be sacked tho.

Comment

I don't think they be sacked to be honest, but they needed to be reprimanded publically.

The conversation wasn't meant to be broadcast, but they've been doing this long enough. They should know that while surrounded by microphones, it's probably not sensible to have conversations that could show you, and more importantly as they were working, your employer in an embarrassing light.

What they said was sexist, and incorrect. No real argument with that, surely. You can argue over how offensive someone should find it, but if I was the lineswoman in question ,or even Karen Brady, I'd be pissed off.

I'd be interested to get Cait's take on this (or any other woman on this board tbf).

Comment

Originally posted by NW9_RANGER View Post
              Agreed. He talks so much ******.

Truth be told gray and keys were just saying what most of us were thinking. They won't be sacked tho.
              I don't think that's true to be honest. I'd assume that a Premier League Assistant referee would understand the offside rule.

Comment

Originally posted by DeepcutHoop View Post
                I don't think that's true to be honest. I'd assume that a Premier League Assistant referee would understand the offside rule.
                That's why I said most lol.

Comment

Originally posted by DeepcutHoop View Post
                  I don't think they be sacked to be honest, but they needed to be reprimanded publically.

The conversation wasn't meant to be broadcast, but they've been doing this long enough. They should know that while surrounded by microphones, it's probably not sensible to have conversations that could show you, and more importantly as they were working, your employer in an embarrassing light.

What they said was sexist, and incorrect. No real argument with that, surely. You can argue over how offensive someone should find it, but if I was the lineswoman in question ,or even Karen Brady, I'd be pissed off.

I'd be interested to get Cait's take on this (or any other woman on this board tbf).
                  Well, here I go.
                  Having supported Rangers for 42 years, I can honestly say that the sexism amongst a lot of men (not all) is as bad now as it ever has been -- and, yes, I find comments about women belonging in the kitchen etc. etc. ignorant more than anything else -- I'd be bored stiff if my life consisted of housework and waiting at home like the "little woman".
                  I learnt everything I know about football from my dad, who was a qualified ref and coach, and, for many years, the chairman of the London Youth Football Association, and really knows his stuff. I've also been on refereeing and coaching courses myself.
                  (And, for the record, I know the offside rule -- I know instantly whether a player is off or not, as it becomes instinctive after all these years.)

So, overall, yes, the comments were offensive, as they were directed at a professional official who undergoes the same training, assessing and physical training as her male counterparts, and who will make no more mistakes than they do.
                  Unfortunately, however, they were totally in line with what I have come to expect from many men in football over the past 42 years.
                  Faurlin is my hero!!! Love him!!! #########

Comment

Originally posted by swanleyhoop View Post
                    Well, here I go.
                    Having supported Rangers for 42 years, I can honestly say that the sexism amongst a lot of men (not all) is as bad now as it ever has been -- and, yes, I find comments about women belonging in the kitchen etc. etc. ignorant more than anything else -- I'd be bored stiff if my life consisted of housework and waiting at home like the "little woman".
                    I learnt everything I know about football from my dad, who was a qualified ref and coach, and, for many years, the chairman of the London Youth Football Association, and really knows his stuff. I've also been on refereeing and coaching courses myself.
                    (And, for the record, I know the offside rule -- I know instantly whether a player is off or not, as it becomes instinctive after all these years.)

So, overall, yes, the comments were offensive, as they were directed at a professional official who undergoes the same training, assessing and physical training as her male counterparts, and who will make no more mistakes than they do.
                    Unfortunately, however, they were totally in line with what I have come to expect from many men in football over the past 42 years.
                    You make some very valid points & you obviously know your stuff, but I can't help but think that the time its taken you to write that post surely the washing pile must of stacked right up?
                    Last edited by Guest; 25-01-2011, 12:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ric-Roc View Post
                      You make some very valid points & you obviously know your stuff, but I can't help but think that the time its taken you to write that post surely the washing pile must of stacked right up?
                      LOL

Comment

I thought I'd noticed...

Originally posted by EYR View Post
                        Not bothered to be fair,certainly not binning my sky off. Just shows Andy Gray as the no nothing pr1ck we all thought he was.

Lost all respect for Dickie Keys when he started shaving his hands.
                        That Keysie' paws were not as hirsute as they once were.. especially as Sky are running a load of reruns of old footage to celebrate their 20yr monopoly.....

How effing well sad/vain is that... having said that I do occasionally let the missus wax the annoying clump of hair that manifests at the top of my back since I turned 40 a few years ago....

Comment

Originally posted by hoopsa1987 View Post
                          women dont know the offside rule as most men dont. Sack them both...very dull. a mate of mine works in the studios with them alot and said ritchard keys is the most arrogant little turd there is...Chris its unbelieveable kamara with.............................................. .................................................. .....................Rodney marsh. would be a good show. who wants to watch andy gray talk what blade of grass the ball rolls over. its utter muck there show..
                          Was discussing this in the pub last night and someone said exactly the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Ric-Roc View Post

Comment

Ric Roc you are a v naughty man (tho a v funny one...).

Swanley is bang on tho and it is a bit boring in 2010 to come out with sub Les Dawson lines about a woman's place etc. I think its great that you look around Loftus Rd now and you see lots of women there. TV presenters are paid fortunes these days and after the Ron Atkinson incident they must be aware that they have to be careful - its not two blokes having a chat and a pint down the pub (where they can be as sexist as they like) they are broadcasting to the nation and beyond - they have to be professional about it or pay the price. Am sure they have lectured players on lack of professionalism on occasion, well maybe they should heed their own lesson.

Comment

Haha I agree mate & if the truth be known Swanley is one of the better posters on here.

Not overly bothered about woman & football but I can't lie that screeching tart on the BBC & hearing birds shouting & chanting & matches does my swede in. Just can't stomach it!

Comment

Working...
                                X