X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

worried about leicester..

Comment

Originally posted by The White City General View Post
      Forest are going well but are due a bad patch of form, their home record won't last all season.
      And it's due very soon, hope they draw away to the Swans game after next.

Comment

With their firepower I can't see Cardiff not scoring goals.

But with Cardiff, Swansea, Leeds, Norwich, Watford, Notts Forest, Leicester and possibly Reading all vying for Playoff or better, they'll be taking points off each other.

By my reckoning there should be about 20 games left where 2 of the above will face each other. That has to be good for us.

Comment

Forrest,Cardiff,Swansea and Norwich all equally dangerous,will be cheering on Bristol City on Tuesday night

Comment

I think Leic City are gonna make a surge up the table leaving Forest, Baadiff and the Swans fighting out the play offs with Leeds and us autos

Comment

I am not bothered about any of those teams at all. I think a large chasing pack is better for us as they'll all take points off each other and, the total points tally needed for promotion will be lower too. Every single team that's got close-ish to us (or in Cardiff's case, briefly topped us) has cracked and wobbled under the pressure and promptly fallen away again. Two of them will come up with us but I don't really know which two as none of them look nailed-on to win a dozen games in the run-in. Everyone bangs on about attackers but I actually think teams with best defences will go up; that's us by a mile and whichever other teams have a low goals against record... Swansea? Forest? Norwich? (I dunno cos I really don't dwell on the records of "the rest").

Comment

Originally posted by PedalR View Post
                I am not bothered about any of those teams at all. I think a large chasing pack is better for us as they'll all take points off each other and, the total points tally needed for promotion will be lower too. Every single team that's got close-ish to us (or in Cardiff's case, briefly topped us) has cracked and wobbled under the pressure and promptly fallen away again. Two of them will come up with us but I don't really know which two as none of them look nailed-on to win a dozen games in the run-in. Everyone bangs on about attackers but I actually think teams with best defences will go up; that's us by a mile and whichever other teams have a low goals against record... Swansea? Forest? Norwich? (I dunno cos I really don't dwell on the records of "the rest").
                Yes, They will all nick points. It is the run from one of them that is the worry. Forest look like king-makers of the "pack" Cardiff have the easiest run in.

I think it is important to bear in mind how "silly" this League gets toward the end of the season. Anyone needs any convincing of that need only look at us last year (same every year for all teams in one shape or form) . We were dire and in trouble and losing - got safe at Palace - went on a run and then gave up - went again blah. Results all over the place. All I am trying to say is there will be a lot of teams with nothing to play for at the end of the season. Results will be unpredictable. In that sense we have a tough run in as we have some possible play off contenders in our run in who will play to win.

We have (from the pack) Forest, Cardiff Leicester and Leeds to play (and Watford if they count). Bad news is the Cardiff-Hull-Watford-and Leeds as last 4 fixtures as they may all want something. Derby the one before may also have something to play for!

Of the pack, Forest have us, Leicester Leeds Norwich Swansea Cardiff to play yet. Reading and Burnley from the 2nd pack. With their games in hand and these fixtures this is in their hands. The ones to watch I reckon

Cardiff have to play Swansea, Forest and Leicester in Feb. Still got us to come. Reading and Burnley as well. Easiest run in of the pack for the woolybacks

Norwich have Forest Swansea Leicester and Leeds to come (we're done with em now of course).

Swansea have Leeds Watford Cardiff Watford Norwich (plus Burnley)

Close to call. For us, we have to win the ones I haven't mentioned! And we should be alright.

Comment

Cardiff will definitely finish in top 2 with us. I reckon Leeds n forest will run us close tho

Comment

I think with Cardiffs now ridiculous amount of firepower you are probably right. Can't see them getting stopped by those they need to play. But Forest have it in their own hands nearly as much as we do. They can stoop others around them as well as sort their own position out. Worry is they both fire of course. We must beat Forest at home for my health.

Comment

I wonder why Northern Irish teams, like Glentoran , don't play in the English league, away games would be more fun I'd think

Comment

Leeds haven't got the quality to maintain their current form. They are on a flyer at the moment and being driven along by passionate, huge crowds at home. Too early for Leeds. Watford don't have the depth, but a first XI good enough to beat anyone but will struggle if injuries and suspensions come through.

Forest, Cardiff and Norwich will be the threats. Along with us, pretty sure that will be the top 4 in any order.

Comment

[/QUOTE]Forest, Cardiff and Norwich will be the threats. Along with us, pretty sure that will be the top 4 in any order.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. Not convinced Norwich can stay the course but it's 2 from 4 for me.

Comment

Baadiff could lose Jay Bothroyd in this trf window... Likely they will fade away.

Agree that Forest, Norwich and Leeds have the momentum. Reading could also make a push.

Still feel we will finish top.

Im enjoying it while it lasts! Still cant believe how well we are doing this season!

I W W T!

R T I D :yush:

Comment

Forest and Cardiff are our biggest threats. The home game on Feb 13 th v Forest is MASSIVE!!!!
                              oldhoop

The Bread Mans Blue and White Army

Comment

Originally posted by waterbuffalo View Post
                                I wonder why Northern Irish teams, like Glentoran , don't play in the English league, away games would be more fun I'd think

Comment

Working...
                                X