Enjoy him while you can boys...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
    Tabs. Can't be bothered to read the negative posts on here about him. That might sound arrogant and normally I like to debate with other posters no matter what their opinion but if someone can't see what Tabs has to offer as a footballer then, respectfully, I say there probably isn't much point my having a discussion with you and perhaps you would be happier supporting a team of honest toilers such as Coventry.

To the non-moaners I say this: enjoy this special, special player while you can. He is an extraordinary talent who half way through the first half looked totally disinterested and wasn't in the game, but then did a few things that not many players in the Premiership could even attempt, still less pull off.

Boothroyd, though pretty rude, has a point: what IS Adel doing here? He is sure to move on to bigger things eventually and I hope when he does Rs fans won't bombard the message boards saying "this shows the board lacks ambition", "Adel is a traitor" etc etc - just enjoy watching him now, remember this time, and feel privileged to be there to see his wonderful skill.

The word "legend" is massively over-used in football (for instance I've seen Gareth Ainsworth called a "QPR legend" when actually he was just a very good servant of the club) but Tabs is rapidly becoming one. I was too young to see anything more than a glimpse of Stanley Bowles but I've been lucky enough to enjoy Tony Currie, Simon Stainrod, Roy Weagerlie, Andy Sinton, Ray Wilkins and Trevor Sinclair among others in the blue and white hoops - and with the possible exception of Currie I think Tabs is up there (in many ways he is even superior).

By the end of the season he will have been here two years. If he gets us promoted I'm really starting to think the term "legend" would no longer be hyperbole. Thankyou Adel, you make watching Rangers a real pleasure.
    I wish i could, but i couldn't put it any better, a top top post Stainrod.
    I went to work today and i had collegues coming up to me saying 'what a pass' and 'that Taarabt is class'. I felt like they were talking about my own son! I was smiling all day today feeling proud to support my team. Isnt it amazing what a football team can do for you ?

Comment

Good post Adel is on his way to the big time.

Lets just enjoy the skills whilst we can.

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
        Tabs. Can't be bothered to read the negative posts on here about him. That might sound arrogant and normally I like to debate with other posters no matter what their opinion but if someone can't see what Tabs has to offer as a footballer then, respectfully, I say there probably isn't much point my having a discussion with you and perhaps you would be happier supporting a team of honest toilers such as Coventry.

To the non-moaners I say this: enjoy this special, special player while you can. He is an extraordinary talent who half way through the first half looked totally disinterested and wasn't in the game, but then did a few things that not many players in the Premiership could even attempt, still less pull off.

Boothroyd, though pretty rude, has a point: what IS Adel doing here? He is sure to move on to bigger things eventually and I hope when he does Rs fans won't bombard the message boards saying "this shows the board lacks ambition", "Adel is a traitor" etc etc - just enjoy watching him now, remember this time, and feel privileged to be there to see his wonderful skill.

The word "legend" is massively over-used in football (for instance I've seen Gareth Ainsworth called a "QPR legend" when actually he was just a very good servant of the club) but Tabs is rapidly becoming one. I was too young to see anything more than a glimpse of Stanley Bowles but I've been lucky enough to enjoy Tony Currie, Simon Stainrod, Roy Weagerlie, Andy Sinton, Ray Wilkins and Trevor Sinclair among others in the blue and white hoops - and with the possible exception of Currie I think Tabs is up there (in many ways he is even superior).

By the end of the season he will have been here two years. If he gets us promoted I'm really starting to think the term "legend" would no longer be hyperbole. Thankyou Adel, you make watching Rangers a real pleasure.
        Excellent post

Comment

Good post Stainrod !

I agree with you regarding the way we label good players as legends .

I;ve seen some on here labelling the likes of Rowlands, Cook , Ainsworth (as you say) Furlong, Padula , ......

They will never be up there with the likes of francis , Clement, Bowles , Parkes, Ferdinand

As for Tarrabt ever being described as a legend in years to come , I feel he would have to

a) Get us into the prem ( Looking fairly good at the moment)

and b) Perform WITH US in the prem for a 100 or so games (Unlikely).

Other than that I fear he will just be remembered as a class player who was with the hoops for only a brief spell .

Comment

Originally posted by Morris View Post
            Where's Paul Mason?

With you Mum, she says hello.

Comment

As long as Warno is here Adel will be here. End of.
              Ho..good Post.

Comment

Originally posted by paulmason View Post
                With you Mum, she says hello.

Pathetic

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
                  As long as Warno is here Adel will be here. End of.
                  Ho..good Post.
                  That is totally naive. Big offer, big money - player goes.
                  twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

Working...
                  X