What I think has happened at QPR in the January Transfer Window

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What I think has happened at QPR in the January Transfer Window

There maybe a few who think this is stating the obvious a little but reading some of the postings on here some don't seem to be able top get their head around things.

I think....

Warnock went to the Board at the start of the month with a list of real transfer targets; the sort you pay fees for probably having been offered this money in the summer for the January transfer window if we are looking like promotion.

Warnock then gets knocked back by the Board who tell him that the club are only able to bring in loan signings and short term free transfers. Warnock not impressed vents his frustartions to the Press.

Warnock is back to square one with January signings and turns to the one person who in this situation at the club can help - Gianni Paladini.

In a desperate attempt to keep our season on track Gianni Paladini phones around all his contacts / agents in the game to find out who is available. This is something I don't believe Warnock would have been able to do himself.

Gianni Paladini and credit to him assembles a list of reasonable loan targets and Warnock says ok we will have a look at them can you arrange a friendly match? So Gianni Paladini gets onto his old pal Harry Redknapp and before you know it we got a load of trailists having a run out.

Now what has gone wrong first and foremost is that the likes of Ecclestone/Bhatia have failed to back Warnock in the January transfer window.

Then despite all his hard work in a relatively short space of time Gianni Paladini has once again failed to keep his mouth shut and leaked every last piece of information to his friends and the press instead of keeping things underwraps for as long as possible until deals have been signed. So what we end with is our club making a bit of a spectacle of itself in the transfer window (again).

Feel free to put your own interpretation on events for this transfer window but all I get is a feeling of here is deja vu with a different manager which includes the failure to invest right through to leaks coming out of the club.
    Last edited by The White City General; 21-01-2011, 11:05 AM.

That doesnt seem too far fetched whitecity.

Comment

The board dont want to spend any money (Bernie Quote "I'm not really interested in QPR something i just fell into" )his word not mine, but assume the reason he brought the shares on offer was we will be a viable resalable commodity should we reach the prem. as for the rest ther're showing no abition or interest All very quiet on the western front

Comment

players reluctant to go anywhere for 3 months so makes the job double hard
        Football played the Charlie Ferris way

Comment

agree with this. cos we are going for old ex players and injured strikers who have never scored for one reason and one reason only, cos they are free and have contacts with gp.
          we all know there is players out there screaming out to be brought and who would strengthen this squad this season and in the premiership, but warnock cannot buy anyone, so has to be happy with and put up with misfits (one of whom would rather get banged up in strangeways than come back here)

Comment

...........or players/agents are just holding out for the best deal around with a big surge of transfer deals coming in on the last day of the transfer window.

Comment

Probably happens with most boards vs managers in clubs all over the country, NW wants to strengthen for the push, but has already had funds at the start of the season to pay for Hulse/Smith/Tarbs, and at this stage with an 18mill loss for the year has been told, 'thats your lot mate'.

Also, players for the championship now may not be ideal for the prem, even if we make it, so loans route is a sensible way to go.

The loan window is open 2 weeks longer than transfers I heard somewhere? perhaps someone will correct me, and if true we have until mid feb to add players. Also, there is another loan window in March I think. So we'll just have to see how it goes.

Comment

Originally posted by Balders1967 View Post
                ...........or players/agents are just holding out for the best deal around with a big surge of transfer deals coming in on the last day of the transfer window.
                any other 'loans' facing complications anywhere else?
                is that spurs bloke waiting for a better deal from watford, or is jet playing hardball about going to cardiff?

Comment

Originally posted by The White City General View Post
                  There maybe a few who think this is stating the obvious a little but reading some of the postings on here some don't seem to be able top get their head around things.

I think....

Warnock went to the Board at the start of the month with a list of real transfer targets; the sort you pay fees for probably having been offered this money in the summer for the January transfer window if we are looking like promotion.

Warnock then gets knocked back by the Board who tell him that the club are only able to bring in loan signings and short term free transfers. Warnock not impressed vents his frustartions to the Press.

Warnock is back to square one with January signings and turns to the one person who in this situation at the club can help - Gianni Paladini.

In a desperate attempt to keep our season on track Gianni Paladini phones around all his contacts / agents in the game to find out who is available. This is something I don't believe Warnock would have been able to do himself.

Gianni Paladini and credit to him assembles a list of reasonable loan targets and Warnock says ok we will have a look at them can you arrange a friendly match? So Gianni Paladini gets onto his old pal Harry Redknapp and before you know it we got a load of trailists having a run out.

Now what has gone wrong first and foremost is that the likes of Ecclestone/Bhatia have failed to back Warnock in the January transfer window.

Then despite all his hard work in a relatively short space of time Gianni Paladini has once again failed to keep his mouth shut and leaked every last piece of information to his friends and the press instead of keeping things underwraps for as long as possible until deals have been signed. So what we end with is our club making a bit of a spectacle of itself in the transfer window (again).

Feel free to put your own interpretation on events for this transfer window but all I get is a feeling of here is deja vu with a different manager which includes the failure to invest right through to leaks coming out of the club.
                  Don't know how you ended up coming out with that but it's happened in the past and not sure if it's like that today. Our board are 100% behind Neil Warnock but they are also keeping to their plans and budgets otherwise we would have seen some money spent.

Comment

Its all speculation, no one knows what happened and with so few facts probably not a huge amount of point in speculating, though of course we all, like you, have our theories.

Just on the point about the plans getting out which you seem particularly exercised by: go on any message board and there will be ITK types saying this or that transfer is brewing - its not specific to our club, its specific to new media which has transformed how we all follow our football club. Don't think there are particularly more glitches with transfers at our club than any other, its just that you know every twist and turn at our club because you follow it. In any case Warnock has quite clearly stated the delay with Routs is an issue - presumably money - between him and Newcastle so not really sure what your point is.

Comment

ps: I've just realised that I have now posted 5,000 posts - largely of pure ******** - so is there some kind of prize like a testamonial or a night out with Ted?

Comment

Comment

Very strange comments from Bernie re owning this club.At the end of the day, he is a business man though.To ignore that fact that if we are promoted this year, the financial gains are massive.

We will never be in a better position and seems rather strange that he isn't taking this seriously....although...thats just me assuming.

Comment

Originally posted by Spencer View Post
                            Very strange comments from Bernie re owning this club.At the end of the day, he is a business man though.To ignore that fact that if we are promoted this year, the financial gains are massive.

We will never be in a better position and seems rather strange that he isn't taking this seriously....although...thats just me assuming.
                            You're right Spencer, the financial gains are massive, but for the club, and not for Bernie's personal wealth, and there is a huge difference, and probably the reason why he isn't as excited as you and me about promotion.

The club gets the premiership money and the TV money and parachute payments etc, and Bernie only benefits from his share price in the club increasing.

Comment

Originally posted by G.T.P View Post
                              agree with this. cos we are going for old ex players and injured strikers who have never scored for one reason and one reason only, cos they are free and have contacts with gp.
                              we all know there is players out there screaming out to be brought and who would strengthen this squad this season and in the premiership, but warnock cannot buy anyone, so has to be happy with and put up with misfits (one of whom would rather get banged up in strangeways than come back here)
                              Maybe a word with Stanley over a 'Short' and a 'betting slip' next time he's around is in order, he doesn't seem that busy nowadays.
                              Queens Park Rangers
                              NPower Champions 2010/2011

PREMIER LEAGUE 2011 - ETERNITY (Oh well got that wrong, we'll be back though)

Comment

Working...
                              X