The Kevin Phillips Debate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Benny

You are getting amnesia in your old age. You are the one that said boith S.hittu and Miller would not be good enough and that you were disappointed. Happy with Routledge

In regards to Miller I thought/think he has plenty of pace and if kept injury free would do well. In fact, I rate him
    ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
    THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Originally posted by Jamie View Post
      I have been championing Miller for over a year now as a good potential signing, but there's no way you can spin away the fact that he's struggled terribly for 2 years now with knee injuries and subsequent pulls and strains.

RDM has made it public that he is carrying a hamstring injury and when we sign him we will have to manage that, in the same way we did last year with Steven Reid.

He may come in and score vital goals for us, but there's no way he'll be a starter IMO, strictly a 20 minute sub to run at defenders especially with his injury.....try and get 90 minutes out of him and he will soon pull up.

For a player to bring on with 20 minutes left, IMO Phillips is the better option. His record speaks for itself at this level, and I read him in an interview saying he feels as fit as ever.

IF Miller was physically fit but just needing game sharpness then he'd be a great signing IMO, but the irrefutable fact is that he is not at this present time.
      Very good post Jamie.

Comment

The answer to all this is get both of them in !!! Phillips can with his vast expirence act as the young strikers coach and still bang in some goals for us. Win Win situation

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
          Benny

You are getting amnesia in your old age. You are the one that said boith S.hittu and Miller would not be good enough and that you were disappointed. Happy with Routledge

In regards to Miller I thought/think he has plenty of pace and if kept injury free would do well. In fact, I rate him
          I think Miller is one of those that flatters to decieve.Gonna be one of those players who never fulfills their potential.Stats don't lie,and they show Phillips would be far more prolific than Miller IMO.

Comment

I'm with you, Jamie. A couple of years ago I was a massive fan. I'm not at all writing the lad off. He definitely has something to offer.

My whole point on this thread, is not to beat Miller up. I am trying to point out that he's injury prone, and not prolific. He's also, as said, very similar to what we already have. I'm not completely against Miller, but I'm bemused that we're ready to take such a risk.

I just think we still need a plan B. Miller is very much part of plan A, and this means we still have no other option. No different dimension when we need to mix it up.

I don't want to be a moaner, because I'm truly over the moon with our position, and unlike many, I'm grateful to our board.

I just don't think we've made a great choice. That's all.
            Your mum would love me...

Comment

if we after a goal poacher like phillips - should go for Austin or Nugent - imho.....

Comment

Benny

Pete, don't tell porkies to get your points accross. You were on the bus to get a Chinese (shock horror), and I said I'm not excited by Miller or Shi**u because Dan is similar to Gorkss, and Miller is injury prone and similar to HH and Hulse. You agreed on Miller.

Not once did you big Miller up to me.

Too much of that crap they put on Chinese food has dehydrated your head mate.

Anyway, I hope it was a nice meal.

Comment

Originally posted by Loneranger80 View Post
                  if we after a goal poacher like phillips - should go for Austin or Nugent - imho.....
                  I agree, but again, I'm just comparing the situation within this thread to keep in with topic mate.

If I was asked Austin over Philips, with all due respect to KP, I'd have had to over look him.

Comment

Don´t know about Miller to make an immediate impact due to him beeing injury prone, but when fit he is by far a better choice than Phillips.
                    Truth is Phillips is NOT the man to play up front in Warnocks 4-5-1 formation. He doesn´t fit Warnocks way of playing football at all. Warnock needs a player who can beat players in the air and be strong with his back to the goal setting up other players. Phillips is simply NOT that kind of player. To play him Warnock must change his style of playing completely.

Comment

Benny

He hasn't so far, so why do you think it will be all Ok when/if he comes to us?
                      Opinions are like A******s, everyone has one, but nobody wants to see the other guy's.
                      -----------------------------------------------------------------
                      https://twitter.com/#!/QPRBOB

Comment

Bennyboys

I'm amazed.... Really am

I honestly thought you knew your football.

Phillips is a good catch for a club like Palace and maybe us 3 years ago, not when you are top of the championship.

next..
                        No offence but a week or so ago on your petes latest video you and east paddock nutta were talking about us maybe having a chance of getting Marouane Chamakh in from Arsenal..

Granted it was East paddock nutta who mentioned it because his "arsenal mate" said we were interested but you agreed and at the time i thought to myself *jeez do these chaps have any idea about footballers and football what so ever, Chamakh!!?? How can you not know who he is and how there would be no chance what so ever of this happening*...

You cant have a go at Bennys knowledge of football thats laughable.

Couldnt believe it.
                        Cant believe it, ive been PWOPER MUGGED ORF...

Comment

Originally posted by NorwegianRanger View Post
                          Don´t know about Miller to make an immediate impact due to him beeing injury prone, but when fit he is by far a better choice than Phillips.
                          Truth is Phillips is NOT the man to play up front in Warnocks 4-5-1 formation. He doesn´t fit Warnocks way of playing football at all. Warnock needs a player who can beat players in the air and be strong with his back to the goal setting up other players. Phillips is simply NOT that kind of player. To play him Warnock must change his style of playing completely.
                          Not sure what to make of that mate?

Warnocks style isn't the way we play. That's Taarabt's style. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Neil usually plays 4-4-2. A player like Phillips is ideal for that with someone like HH alongside him.

Think about how poor we are as 4-4-2 when Taarabt goes off.

Clarke and HH...this is my point.

Comment

Originally posted by Youvebeenrangered View Post
                            No offence but a week or so ago on your petes latest video you and east paddock nutta were talking about us maybe having a chance of getting Marouane Chamakh in from Arsenal..

Granted it was East paddock nutta who mentioned it because his "arsenal mate" said we were interested but you agreed and at the time i thought to myself *jeez do these chaps have any idea about footballers and football what so ever, Chamakh!!?? How can you not know who he is and how there would be no chance what so ever of this happening*...

You cant have a go at Bennys knowledge of football thats laughable.

Couldnt believe it.
                            That's incredible. I'm gutted I missed that.

Shocking.
                            Last edited by BennyBoyRs; 20-01-2011, 08:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyBoyRs View Post
                              That's incredible. I'm gutted I mist that.

Shocking.
                              I was outstanded..

Still on the website now, bout half way through i think..
                              Cant believe it, ive been PWOPER MUGGED ORF...

Comment

That's getting a watch now.

Comment

Working...
                                X