Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Kevin Phillips Debate

Okay, I;ll go first

When was the last time the guy played 90 minutes for the first team, you will be surprised..

So we would rather a player on the bench, than improve on Hulse and Helguson?

The ones who would like Phillips at QPR, you are content with Hulse and Helguson?
    ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
    THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
    Okay, I;ll go first

When was the last time the guy played 90 minutes for the first team, you will be surprised..

The ones who would like Phillips at QPR, you are content with Hulse and Helguson?
    Probably about the same time Miller played 90 mins and i know who has the better scoring record

Comment

Obviously Warnock doesn't want him and he is the better judge of player

Don't see the point in paying wages for a player to come after 80 minutes every game
      THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Firstly nobody is saying that Phillips can play 90 mins week in and week out

Secondly nobody is saying that they want Phillips to play 90 mins week in and week out

Thirdly everybody can see that Phillips would be a better option off the bench than any player we currently have. We have no alternative off the bench. Hulse is like for like with Helgsuon and Ephraim, Clarke, Tofas, Rowlands etc don't have the goal scoring threat full stop.

SQUAD GAME - Not a starting XI game! The team with the best squad, the best options and the one that can call on the best alternatives go up. It's the same every year.

We've lost Mackie and Agyemang meaning we've lost two attacking threats. Miller is just another big man who isn't fit and hasn't completed 90 mins for a long time. Phillips played the full 120 minutes for Birmingham in the 4th round of the Carling Cup this season. He has appeared as a sub time and time again and is fit. Miller isn't.
        Last edited by sirpiechucker; 20-01-2011, 07:22 PM.

Comment

whats the obsession with phillips yes he has a fantastic scoring record but he is old and past it. i would much prefer to give young talent a go and a chance to improve ( miller, austin maybe) get of millers back if you knew your football you would know he is a handful at the very least and is a big strong lad who has an eye for goal. whos to say he doesnt come here and score 10 plus goals? which for me would be a very good return
          im affraid im with young talent here and not the old man obession

has anyone one seen miller in a hoops shirt yet? give him a chance!

Comment

Okay, I;ll go first

26th October 2010.

This seasons Carling Cup game for Brum.
            He actually played 120 mins, and scored in the penalty shoot-out.

Hope that helps.

Now tell me how many 90mins Miller has played since then?

But as you quite rightly say... Warnock doesn't want him. Fair enough.
            I don't have to agree with everything he says, and I'd certainly argue the case for Kevin Phillips with anyone.
            Especially you(!)

But, I have to go to work now.

Toodle-oo.
            Final Version - Hope you like it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1z0UQ0eqRM

Follow Me On Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/QPRGoddard

Comment

Don't see the point in paying wages for a player to come after 80 minutes every game
              Yeah never could understand why SAF kept hold of Solksjaer. Stupid to have a player who wasn't good enough to make an impact when starting and could only do it when coming off the bench. What a waste of money he was. What a awful option to have on the bench.

Who would want a player who can only come off the bench, score a goal and make a difference anyway??? I don't because it would be such a waste of money to have a bloke who score goals. I'd rather have a bloke who is currently unfit. Has a history of injuries and hasn't played regularly for a long time.

Comment

Dont see the point in paying wages to someone who wont be fit for 4 to 6 weeks!

COYR's!

Comment

Correct me if i'm wrong pete but haven't we been paying Agyemang, Rowlands, Fitz hall to name a few to do exactly that?

The difference with Phillips is he has the habit of making goals out of nothing or can be a fox in the box type of forward

Comment

phillips got west brom and birmingham out of this division with his vital golas that turned 0-0's at the likes of burnley into wins and three points.

Comment

Originally posted by hanwell ranger View Post
                      whats the obsession with phillips yes he has a fantastic scoring record but he is old and past it. i would much prefer to give young talent a go and a chance to improve ( miller, austin maybe) get of millers back if you knew your football you would know he is a handful at the very least and is a big strong lad who has an eye for goal. whos to say he doesnt come here and score 10 plus goals? which for me would be a very good return
                      im affraid im with young talent here and not the old man obession

has anyone one seen miller in a hoops shirt yet? give him a chance!
                      Is he fit? Is he any different to Helguson or Hulse? Is his goal scoring record any better than either player?

Comment

phillips is proven at this level FACT! he can still do a job

Comment

GTP

Miller helped WBA get out of this division last year too.. 7 goals in 21 games in his first loan from Manchester City. 1 in 3 games ain't bad

Birmingham have been up for a good couple of years

Comment

kevin phillips and rob earnshaw for me have been the best championship strikers in the last 10 years.
                            other than graham kevin phillips is still better than anyone at banging the goals in this lg, id cream myself if he joined

Comment

Originally posted by W10 RANGER View Post
                              phillips is proven at this level FACT! he can still do a job
                              Agree.

Miller averages about 1 in 5.Not really prolific is he?.

Helgusson and Agyemang could probably better that.

Comment

Working...
                              X