One or Two Bits of ironing..Till Friday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by stainrod10
    What's the betting that whatever hppens (if anything) it will be last knockings on Friday and nip and tuck if it can go through in time for Sunday. We never do things the easy way
    Looking more and more the case
    Knew it - just so typically Rangers. Everyone else just does the deals and get on with it.
    http://twitter.com/#!/superhoops10

Comment

Originally posted by sirpiechucker View Post
      So of his 264 career league goals he has never scored a header?

Maybe we are only pumping the ball into the air because there isn't an alternative? We didn't start the season playing like this so there is no reason we can't return to playing the ball on the ground.

The important ingredient missing is that Phillips is fit and Miller isn't. Phillips scores goals, has experience and gives us an alternative off the bench whereas Miller will sit on the bench - the physio's bench.
      Yeah we did start the season like this. That is the warnock way. Big man up front to win the headers from goal kicks. Phillips just isn't an option for our style of play.

Comment

Originally posted by stainrod10 View Post

Knew it - just so typically Rangers. Everyone else just does the deals and get on with it.
        Not sure if that is the case. I wonder if other clubs leak information ahead of time which then become 100% done deals prematurely..

Comment

Thank You Pete
          What for - posting pure speculation?

Comment

3 weeks into the most crucial window since the window began and not a sausage sorted out. Not only only are the board not backing NW in the manner that a team thats top of the table with 60 £million at stake should be, we can't even manage to pick up a few loan scraps.

Scary but typical Rangers.

Comment

Originally posted by Filiranger View Post
              Thank You Pete
              What for? - posting pure speculation?

No.
              More like thanking Pete for simply re-wording and posting the quotes from Warnock in The Gazetta De La Uxbridge:

IN SPITE of Neil Warnock's frantic attempts to sign new players on loan this week, the chances are we will see his tried and trusted line-up against Coventry City on Sunday.

Rangers are set to finalise the loan deal for West Brom's Ishmael Miller tomorrow, but he is nursing a hamstring injury picked up while on FA Cup duty with Albion and is a non-starter.

It is still far from certain that Hoops hero Danny Shittu will make his emotional return to Loftus Road, although Warnock has offered the defender the move when his current deal with Millwall ends at the weekend.

Another ex Ranger, Wayne Routledge, has a chance of appearing, but the player has also not yet agreed to a return to London. A wide player is what Rangers need most now Jamie Mackie is out of the picture.

“We've nothing definite yet and it's far from being finalised,” Warnock said. “The clubs have agreed but I think he has a personal issue to sort out with Newcastle.”

Warnock was keen on adding West Ham's Benni McCarthy to his squad, but has cooled on the idea now Miller looks to be on board to join Rob Hulse and Heidar Helguson as main strikers.

I suppose that's where we are at the moment, with direct quotes.
              Final Version - Hope you like it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1z0UQ0eqRM

Follow Me On Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/QPRGoddard

Comment

3 weeks into the most crucial window since the window began and not a sausage sorted out. Not only only are the board not backing NW in the manner that a team thats top of the table with 60 £million at stake should be, we can't even manage to pick up a few loan scraps.

Scary but typical Rangers.
                Yeah you're right! Just phone up a player put In a bid and they join - easy

Comment

Re-hash? rewording??

That says no-one will be in by Sunday..

Thats not the case
                  ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
                  THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Originally posted by Goddard View Post
                    No.
                    More like thanking Pete for simply re-wording and posting the quotes from Warnock in The Gazetta De La Uxbridge:

IN SPITE of Neil Warnock's frantic attempts to sign new players on loan this week, the chances are we will see his tried and trusted line-up against Coventry City on Sunday.

Rangers are set to finalise the loan deal for West Brom's Ishmael Miller tomorrow, but he is nursing a hamstring injury picked up while on FA Cup duty with Albion and is a non-starter.

It is still far from certain that Hoops hero Danny Shittu will make his emotional return to Loftus Road, although Warnock has offered the defender the move when his current deal with Millwall ends at the weekend.

Another ex Ranger, Wayne Routledge, has a chance of appearing, but the player has also not yet agreed to a return to London. A wide player is what Rangers need most now Jamie Mackie is out of the picture.

“We've nothing definite yet and it's far from being finalised,” Warnock said. “The clubs have agreed but I think he has a personal issue to sort out with Newcastle.”

Warnock was keen on adding West Ham's Benni McCarthy to his squad, but has cooled on the idea now Miller looks to be on board to join Rob Hulse and Heidar Helguson as main strikers.

I suppose that's where we are at the moment, with direct quotes.
                    It's Warnock "this" Warnock "that" not Paladini.

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
                      Re-hash? rewording??

That says no-one will be in by Sunday..

Thats not the case
                      No, it says we might have the same starting line-up.

Windy Miller might be "in", maybe "Routs" too... who knows??

But I'll bet you a large bag of Pickled Onion Flavoured Monster Munch that Miller doesn't start on sunday.
                      I've heard through the grapevine that he might have "injury issues".

Can't reveal my source though. All very hush-hush.
                      Final Version - Hope you like it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1z0UQ0eqRM

Follow Me On Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/QPRGoddard

Comment

So it seems we are prepaired to pay the wages of a player on loan whilst still injured......heard this before methinks............more than once.
                        They seek him here.................

Comment

Yeah you're right! Just phone up a player put In a bid and they join - easy
                          Seems to be for most clubs. Perhaps the January window crept up on the club and they weren't expecting it to happen IN JANUARY? Surely there's not a suggestion that we only start thinking about "ringing players up" half way through January is there?

Comment

So, a striker nursing a hamstring injury, who has not played a full 90 minutes for a year is the best we can do ?

Comment

Originally posted by Goddard View Post
                              No, it says we might have the same starting line-up.

Windy Miller might be "in", maybe "Routs" too... who knows??

But I'll bet you a large bag of Pickled Onion Flavoured Monster Munch that Miller doesn't start on sunday.
                              I've heard through the grapevine that he might have "injury issues".

Can't reveal my source though. All very hush-hush.
                              Yes, I'd also picked up he was injured. between you and I I can reveal it is a ham string injury he's nursing. But keep it quiet. I have heard Rangers medical assessment staff are pretty shite but even they might spot this one unless we are very very careful.

Comment

Hi Pete,hope all is well.

What is the hold up with routs and newcastle can you please go into more detail, thanks
                                I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Working...
                                X