Richest owners, poor club.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ric-Roc View Post
    So a German banks legal & financial experts wouldn't of known what they were buying no? Don't buy that for 1 single second. They would of had to absolutely scrutinise lots of paper work, contracts, turnover sheets etc etc before signing on the dotted line. I have no doubt Bernie is ruthless but a stroke puller as this story suggests I can't see it personally.

As the good old folk in Glasgow would say. PISH!
    Its a very complicated structure, and much too complicated for me to understand. Germans actually bought 75% and rightly assumed they had control of F1, and went to court for it.
    http://www.economist.com/PrinterFrie...ory_ID=3127517

But it transpired they were still minority shareholders due to holding company and Bernie was still in charge.

Comment

Cheers for the link Gerry, will have a read of that. Sounds interesting.

Comment

Pleasure mate.
        The tobacco issue was an interesting one about 10 yrs ago. Labour Party announced a ban on tobacco advertising for all sports, except F1 which was granted an extension. About the same time, Bernie happens to make a donation of £1m to the labour party.
        What an amazing co-incidence.

Comment

Bernie's no fool.

Comment

Originally posted by Loftladder View Post
            As far as the board are concerned it isn't about money. Why would two of the richest men in Britain get involved with QPR. It's small beer. The ground, the ABC loan, they're barely relevant. It is about a project, a plaything and most of all it is about EGO.

They have set out to show that they can get a cash strapped relegation haunted Championship outfit off its heels and into the Premier League. They don't want to throw fortunes at it. That wouldn't be classy or fun. Just enough to get the job done.

As for Ecclestone, if you observe F1 you will know that he often says one thing tongue-in-cheek and then does the complete opposite. The not wanting to get promotion was just his whimsical humour. I am amazed that anyone took it seriously.

As for speculation that will be there whatever they tell the fans. Why would they want all that angst from engaging fans in their plans. Don't be daft.
            True... do you watch F1 as well?

Comment

Working...
            X