Richest owners, poor club.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Richest owners, poor club.

So, QPR have the 2nd and 4th richest owners in England.
    http://www.aol.in/news/gallery/world...club-owners-09

The first richest, Man City, who beat Leicester last night have spent so far £162 million http://www.skysports.com/football/ma...354669,00.html

What am I missing here? Why the huge differences? Is he waiting with a £30 million pot for NW if we get promoted?

Bernie's not getting any younger, if he wants to leave a legacy he better get on with it so he can live to see the new stadium and QPR in europe, if not, why did they buy us and save us?

What an amazing post!

Comment

id drop the whole legacy part on bernie's part.

he has f1, thats his love and main business..

im not sure what we are to him.
      Soldier: "im on reconnaissance sir.. im looking for our camouflage expert.. have you seen him?"
      Lovejoy: "No?!"
      Soldier: "GOD DAMNIT THAT GUYS GOOD!"

Please Follow My Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by GaxZE View Post
        im not sure what we are to him.
        One of his many pet projects

Comment

It's been well documented what we mean to Ecclestone. We are barely on his radar. He'd rather we didn't get promoted and has declared he is a 5cum supporter.

Our loan which is secured on the ground is why the owners are with us. They will get there money back Plus some if the ground was sold.

Comment

Originally posted by BobHazell View Post
            It's been well documented what we mean to Ecclestone. We are barely on his radar. He'd rather we didn't get promoted and has declared he is a 5cum supporter.

Our loan which is secured on the ground is why the owners are with us. They will get there money back Plus some if the ground was sold.
            Cold hard truth right there.

Comment

Originally posted by BobHazell View Post

Cheers Bob,
              I understand the investment bit (the £21mill value ground being calaterale for the 10 mill loan at 8.5% interest, which is in default, and the £18 mill loss for 2009), which all looks very dodgy and makes them wealthier owners, but

How is the situation different at Man City and Chelsea etc? Are they also loans to repay, or do those owners have a passion for the club and they right it off?

Comment

The latter.

Comment

Originally posted by singingranger View Post
                  What an amazing post!
                  Surpassed himself with this one, and the award fior stating the obvious goes to....

Comment

Originally posted by The White City General View Post
                    Surpassed himself with this one, and the award fior stating the obvious goes to....
                    I'm interested in the differences between how our club in run compared with other 'wealthy' clubs as far as capital injection is concerned, whether its loaned or given. Mittals plus Ecclestone is £16 billion plus, and even the Glazers at Man Utd are only 1.1 billion. So a discussion on the subject seemed a good idea.

Also, I've noticed this in a few threads Mr General, you do seem to like an argument and you're usually contradictory on most topics, I mean for a newbe.
                    It's almost like you launch the insult onto the thread, sit back and wait for a response, and I'm not interested.

Just wondering tho, do you type with one hand?

Comment

Always comes back to the old adage:

Having wealthy owners and being a wealthy club are two completely different things.

On the question of are our owners equally as passionate for their clubs as Man City, Chelsea etc...really only time will tell, and we'll find out next season hopefully when we're in the prem.

Comment

let me run this one past you...................who'd you think 'bankroles' our loss of 125k per week?????
                        you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

Not saying Bernie loves and cares for us deeply but he does seem to have a fairly morbid sense of humour and often comes out with controversial comments like he did regarding not wanting us to go up, etc. If the club was that much of a nuisance to him he'd have flogged his shares ages ago. (Perhaps he still will once we get promoted, who knows.)

By the way, Watford's majority shareholder and UK tax exile Lord Ashcroft is worth £1.1billion and has only put in enough just to keep the club barely afloat. Let's count our blessings instead of moaning for what we haven't got eh?

Comment

are you in a tunnell????
                            you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

You mean the double posts? Dodgy mouse old chap...

Comment

Working...
                              X