Tweet from David Macintyre

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I cannot find the interview, but Warnock definitely said

It costs that little more to assemble a squad than have a team full of loans, and he wanted to work with a squad of players who would stay the duration.

Previous seasons we have hardly spent, apart from the first January after the takeover. Some of those players are still here.

Last January for example the board seemed to give up.
    ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
    THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Sirpie,

Forest, Leciester, Ipswich could be 3 to start with

Might want to throw in

Cardiff and Derby
      THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
        I cannot find the interview, but Warnock definitely said

It costs that little more to assemble a squad than have a team full of loans, and he wanted to work with a squad of players who would stay the duration.

Previous seasons we have hardly spent, apart from the first January after the takeover. Some of those players are still here.

Last January for example the board seemed to give up.
        OK, thanks.
        Kept the faith!

Comment

Dave Mac is simply wrong. Money has been spent. But not by Warnock. Even this season.

Comment

I think Dave mac has had just a touch too much christmas cheer.
            They seek him here.................

Comment

Originally posted by sirpiechucker View Post
              Add the cost to the club for players like Ledesma, Parejo, Di Carmine, Tomassi, Walker, Agyemang, Alberti, Pellicori, Bent, Priskin, Matt Hill, Quashie, Mahon, Cook, Delaney, Lee, Vine, Ikeme - it's something like 60 different players we've signed since the takeover.

Since day one of the transfer window it's been quantity over quality and because of that we've paid more then we ever needed to. Take Agyemang for example, within days of him signing for us Ebanks-Blake signed for Wolves. We paid £600k whilst Wolves paid £1.5m and other than one purple patch he hasn't delivered since for us. Add the cost of then bringing in De Carmine, Priskin, Bent, Clarke, Hulse and HH and we've paid way over what it would have cost to have signed Ebanks-Blake in the first place.
              And this is all nobody's fault but the board's, due to one bumbling blunder after the next.

All non-football people and yet:

1. They kept changing manager
              2. They kept buying players themselves.
              3. They kept trying to pick the team themselves.
              4. They were too smug and arrogant to seek the advice of footballing experts, thinking they always new best.
              5. They tried to do all transfer and loan dealings on the cheap, resulting in a lot quantity but no quality. i.e. an ignorant and short-term approach.
              6. Millions of £'s have been wasted and frittered away as a result.

Wrong for Dave Mac to try and blame NW for any of the above of course.
              Last edited by Stanley; 11-01-2011, 08:38 PM.

Comment

The "squad" (and I use the term losely) that Warnock inherited was in disaray and was stuffed full of loans. On a relative shoe-string (£2m odd) he has turned us into a top of the table team. When you take into account the selling last season of Routledge, Dex and Delaney arguably the club are either up or even on transfers over the last 12 months.

Comment

Originally posted by Nodge70 View Post
                  Dave Mac is simply wrong. Money has been spent. But not by Warnock. Even this season.
                  EXACTLY NODGE. Warnock has spent very little compared to most of our previous managers since the takeover. He has thrown figures about constantly about how little we have spent and this is because a) so of the figure's we have paid out haven't yet been paid e.g. Mackie's figure was around £100k rising to £500k based on performances/goal/promotion and b) we actually got Orr and a small figure for Stewart by all accounts. Something similar also occurred for Taarabt but I don't know the detail on this and was signed in a similar fashion last season Faurlin which was pre-Warnock. Kenny is the only other player who cost us money, but that was very minimal because of clauses in his contract.

Out of all our managers this is the best we are doing and now given our position I expect the board to support Neil, but to what extent who knows. It would be silly for them not to take a gamble now given our position and injuries we've recently picked up not too. Still think most of this is just a game Neil is playing with the media so we don't get stung with over-inflated prices. I reckon if other clubs start moving for Neil's targets he'll then show his hand, but we would be silly to go balls deep for players too quickly. These are my opinions and not info I've been given. Think we just have to be a little patient for a little longer.

Comment

Originally posted by Ric-Roc View Post
                    If they p!ss off the best manager we've had in years and he leaves the board should be put up against a wall & shot.
                    Bags the first shot

Comment

Lets remember that Faurlin cost us nothing he was a free transfer

Whats really cost this club is not so much transfer fees but ludicrous wages and stupidly long contracts for mediocre players who have over their terms contributed very little

This is the time for the board to back the manager, we are in a great position and with incoming investment in a number of championship teams there will never be an easier or less expensive opportunity to get to the premiership than the one we have now.

If the board dont provide Warnock with whatever he asks for then they might as well simply pack it in
                      its New Era number 8 i tell thee, bring on the fireworks

Comment

Agree they should back him !!

Always a game of cat and mouse between manager and owners at most clubs. End of the day, I suspect if the right players become available we will wheel and deal

Comment

Originally posted by PeterG View Post
                          Lets remember that Faurlin cost us nothing he was a free transfer

Whats really cost this club is not so much transfer fees but ludicrous wages and stupidly long contracts for mediocre players who have over their terms contributed very little

This is the time for the board to back the manager, we are in a great position and with incoming investment in a number of championship teams there will never be an easier or less expensive opportunity to get to the premiership than the one we have now.

If the board dont provide Warnock with whatever he asks for then they might as well simply pack it in
                          Think you expect too much too soon! The players on ludicrous wages was because we were desparate. We were in a hole and needed major help to avoid relegation! That won't really happen anymore on Warnock's shift. Free-bee's will always sign longer deals generally because there is not a fee involved and as a sway to beat off other clubs. Agyemang was destined for Charlton until we heard he was available and we had to improve what he was offered there to get him. Charlton agreed his living expenses for 2 years because he was moving from Preston down South, was paying somewhere in the region of £15k a week for him (money which made up all his expenses and a weekly figure to Preston) and we had to match and slightly improve that to seal the deal. Hall was similar and too was Vine.

When you desparate you take extreme measures. In fairness to Vine and Hall both come down from the Premiership and both players actually took almost £7k a week pay cuts to move. When money is tight and you're not performing well all these fine details get highlighted. If we would of been top six season after season since the takeover we would not be having this conversation.

Comment

Working...
                          X