Warnock on January signings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
    More like with the players we have, we are TOP.

Lets consolidate and bring in a few quality loans.

Comment

anyone who goes to the games can see we are not romping it like we was at the beginning of the season and we have been lucky with penalties and decisions for a fair few games lately too.
      We are starting to stutter and its quite plain to see to those that go that we do not have the depth of quality in the squad to maintain top spot for another 20 games. We have been overly reliant on Adel to create practically everything and are pretty much a one man team with a great work ethic. Need investment, need quality signings, need not to **** it up

Comment

Originally posted by vblockranger View Post
        anyone who goes to the games can see we are not romping it like we was at the beginning of the season and we have been lucky with penalties and decisions for a fair few games lately too.
        We are starting to stutter and its quite plain to see to those that go that we do not have the depth of quality in the squad to maintain top spot for another 20 games. We have been overly reliant on Adel to create practically everything and are pretty much a one man team with a great work ethic. Need investment, need quality signings, need not to **** it up
        I agree. QPR were anyhing but convincing against Watford, Leeds, Norwich or in the win at Coventry, when they could have trailed at half time.

Let's see what the table looks like in mid Feb.

I will be very surprised to see QPR in the top two, if they don't add a number of reasonable quality players to the squad.

Comment

My glass is always half full.

This team have proved time and time again this season, they have fighting qualities and a team spirit, second to no-one else in this league
          ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
          THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

We're in a very appealing position to PL fringe players looking to prove themselves. Confident on securing a couple of very good loans soon.

Comment

Three recent defeats tells a different story - but lets be honest there have been earlier occasions where we were anything but convincing but somehow got a result. Then look at Millwall and Norwich at home again games we did not shine in. Whilst we are five points ahead we are not beyond improvement and we do need to bring in additional quality.
              No one pulls my strings 😉

Comment

Originally posted by Fozzieboy View Post
                he said that before Moan signed?
                No, he said it after.

Comment

So basically what he is saying is that if we go up, we will build a new team in one transfer window that will keep us from relegation next year?

If our plans are to go up and stay up next year, we should make the most of this transfer window, bring in some new faces who will take us up, stay with us and strengthen the team in the summer window.

This team wouldn't last five minutes in the Premiership so I can't see one transfer window being enough to build a team unless they have plans to spend millions and millions?

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post
                    This team wouldn't last five minutes in the Premiership
                    Do you really think so?

I refer you to what Olly has achieved this season with Blackpool. Barring Adam, look at each one of their players and tell me how many of them 'on paper' would you have backed to hold their own in the PL?

It is testament to what instilling self-belief into his players and generating a never-say-die team spirit can achieve. Similar to Warnock's style in many ways.
                    Last edited by Stanley; 08-01-2011, 03:59 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X