No announcement yet.

New stadium?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just bloody build it! If we're in the prem we'll fill it. If we get relegated just charge a tenner to get in and we'll still fill it
    Was you involved with the millennium dome project?

Comment

Who pays for this new stadium?
      Our owners are wealthy, but the football club unfortunately isn't, so there could be money complications.
      I'll guess that the multi-million loan that stopped our administration a few years ago used the value of the current stadium as calateral, so until that loan is repaid, probably with premier league money, we may not see any new stadium progress.
      Could be totally wrong, but surely it would have started already if there were not problems.

Comment

Guess Ellerslie Road would be expanded and re-developed.
        ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
        THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

We don`t need a stadium bigger that 30K

Comment

We don`t need a stadium bigger that 30K
            My bird tells me I don't need a penis bigger that 3 inches but I still feel sh*t about it!

Comment

Originally posted by SpankwiR View Post
              My bird tells me I don't need a penis bigger that 3 inches but I still feel sh*t about it!

Comment

Originally posted by SpankwiR View Post
                We cant fill Loftus Road so whats the point.
                The ground looked fairly full against Bristol City and a few other mathes too. Well at least the seats available to QPR fans were nearly all sold out.

Until QPR find a way to sell tickets to QPR fans for the school end and segregate the away fans, QPR will never sell out LR, unless the travelling fans buy up the 3,000+ tickets available for that stand. And there are not many sides in the Championship that boast such an away support. Leeds (on the last day) will sell it out if they are in a promotion winning position, but other than them, and possibly Palace, I don't see another side doing so.

Almost every side that has built a new stadium has seen gates increase, so why not QPR?

Comment

Originally posted by Gerryhatrick View Post
                  A lot more fans would come to a new stadium. Many have stopped coming due to the poor state of the current stadium. Lets be honest, it is past its best.

I've spoken to some mates who don't go as much as they used to, who say its way too uncomfortable, cramped seating, poor atmosphere, very poor facilities, poorly run box office, etc.

We'd get 20000 in a new stadium in this league, and 25-30000 in the prem regularly imo.
                  Agree. I have been saying this for a few seasons now. LR is well past its best and offers discomfort and poor or partlially obstructed views from nearly all parts of it.

A new stadium will see gates improve by about 2-4,000 even if QPR don't win promotion. How many clubs have buit a new stadium and not seen gates improve?

Bolton, Middlesboro, Sunderland, Leicester, Derby, Stokle, Reading, Wigan, Coventry, Southampton, Doncaster, MK Dons, and even Chesterfield have seen their gates increase.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                    Agree. I have been saying this for a few seasons now. LR is well past its best and offers discomfort and poor or partlially obstructed views from nearly all parts of it.

A new stadium will see gates improve by about 2-4,000 even if QPR don't win promotion. How many clubs have buit a new stadium and not seen gates improve?

Bolton, Middlesboro, Sunderland, Leicester, Derby, Stokle, Reading, Wigan, Coventry, Southampton, Doncaster, MK Dons, and even Chesterfield have seen their gates increase.
                    Exactly. And add all the commercial pluses a new stadium brings (meeting rooms, places to hold events such as POTY within the stadium and increased amounts of boxes). Add this with increased ticket sales and all these things will only improve our revenue in the long term.
                    Now, Then, Forever
                    [CENTER]QPR-Football League CHAMPIONS

Comment

Working...
                    X