Why do we need a new striker?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do we need a new striker?

Simple question really, looking forward to some interesting responses...

We are top of the league, 5 points clear
    Only Leeds and Watford have scored more then us
    Helguson and Hulse are good target mens, bring others into play. Can score a few themselves
    Mackie and Taarabt has scored 21 goals
    Smith is a proven goalscorer finding his form
    Vaagan Moen, yet unproven at this level, scored 15 in 25 games from midfield last season
    We have Buzsaky coming back

Walker is a big loss. But let's not forget we had a 14-2 goaldifference before he came in.

Cardiff have Bellamy, Bothroyd, Chopra, Keogh and now Parkin but has only won 3 from their last 11 matches

I wouldnt say no to a new striker, but surely a defender should be the priority

think we need to strengthen the squad in quite a few positions if we want to hang on to top spot till the end of the season so its not just a striker we need...

Comment

Hulse is hardly a goal machine is he ...couldnt hit a barn door at the moment
      Mackie has lost his form (but he can run around a lot apparently)
      Moen is unproven but scored quite a few in a pony league so jurys out till he's played a few (was he Warnock's pick?? )
      Tarbs we rely on WAY too much and if heaven forbid he gets an injury we will be in trouble
      Buz...who knows if he will even be here after January
      HH.. blows hot and cold and has been inconsistent his whole career but having a decent season so far
      Smith..actually think he would score a few more if Warnock played him in the middle

actually think we are playing nowhere near as good as we was at the beginning of the season but due to a lot of luck (how many dodgy pens?? :-) ) and other teams not really making a run for it as yet we find ourselves top....just an amazing position to be in at the halfway point and need the board to back Warnock and invest in the squad so we dont blow it.
      Last edited by vblockranger; 06-01-2011, 04:54 PM.

Comment

Frode can you remind me how many goals Mackie has scored in the last 15 games?
        I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by vblockranger View Post
          Moen is unproven but scored quite a few in a pony league so jurys out till he's played a few (was he Warnock's pick?? )
          Tarbs we rely on WAY too much and if heaven forbid he gets an injury we will be in trouble
          HH.. blows hot and cold and has been inconsistent his whole career but having a decent season so far
          Smith..actually think he would score a few more if Warnock played him in the middle

actually think we are playing nowhere near as good as we was at the beginning of the season but due to a lot of luck (how many dodgy pens?? :-) ) and other teams not really making a run for it as yet we find ourselves top....just an amazing position to be in at the halfway point and need the board to back Warnock and invest in the squad so we dont blow it.
          LOL

Comment

Frode Mackie has scored 1 goal in the last 17, great goal scorer x
            I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

After the first 10 games we had won 8 and drew 2, scoring 24 goals.
              The last 15 games we have only won 5 drawing 7 and losing 3, scoring just 20 goals.
              Yes we have been letting in more goals of late, therefor we do need to strengthen at the back, especially now Walker has gone, but we are not scoring enough. We need someone to rectify this situation.

Comment

oyvind leonhardsen

Comment

- Hulse is a proven goalscorer at this level. Agree about the barn door, but goals will come. Needs some confidence

- So you are one of those who can't see what hee brings to the team then? Yes goals have dried up, but he's overall play is as good as it has been all season

- Yes he was NW pick. Him and Mick Jones has watched him loads of time

- So the argument is that we have to buy a replacement because he MAY get injured. Great

- Hardly played this season anyway

- Decent? Well he is just the main striker for a team thats top of the league, 5 points clear after 25 games. Very decent

- Seems to be playing just fine, but you might be right. Who knows(Maybe NW)

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffro View Post
                    oyvind leonhardsen
                    Jeffro, where you once raped by a polar bear since you seem to have this love for norwegians?

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                      hes scored 3 more than chopra and the same amount as sinclair and morrison, oh and only 4 less than the prolific chelsea target jay bothroyd. (all centre forwards by the way)
                      drop him, i hate wingers with those kind of goal stats.
                      sack him i say.

GET MACKIE OUT , GET MACKIE OUT, GET MACKIE OUT

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                        And that means he's a donkey(like Hill) and should be replaced by a striker like Cox to play out of position, or should we change our whole system who has got us to where we are?

Comment

Originally posted by Frode View Post
                          Jeffro, where you once raped by a polar bear since you seem to have this love for norwegians?
                          Yes I was... Said polar bear got 18 goals in 24 appearences for SK Brann Flakes FC in Norway.

Comment

Originally posted by G.T.P View Post
                            hes scored 3 more than chopra and the same amount as sinclair and morrison, oh and only 4 less than the prolific chelsea target jay bothroyd. (all centre forwards by the way)
                            drop him, i hate wingers with those kind of goal stats.
                            sack him i say.

GET MACKIE OUT , GET MACKIE OUT, GET MACKIE OUT
                            9 goals from 25 matches is terrible for a winger, and his workrate and overall contribution is awful!

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffro View Post
                              Yes I was... Said polar bear got 18 goals in 24 appearences for SK Brann Flakes FC in Norway.
                              And you cleary liked it...alot!

Comment

Working...
                              X