No announcement yet.

Austin. QPR or Reading? /merged/

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We won't sign him, and it will be a great shame.

Comment

Reading have got an amazing striker then I guess now..

Comment

if austin goes to reading i would be surprised

#QPRJunglists #QPRPartybusmassive @epn1882chalet QPR - JUNGLE - DnB - Westside Hounslow

Comment

we could offer 1.5 mill (we had 2.9 accepted for Walters, so funds are there?)

or we could offer 2.0 mill if they take Clark in p/x

Agree with replies. Maybe the board think we're just a 2nd tier football club punching above our weight. NW promised the board a finishing position between 3rd and 6th and looks like we are on track for exactly that prediction.

I would just feel gutted if we let this chance slip, would take us 5 - 10 yrs to recover imo. We need to consolidate and make sure we don't slip.

Comment

Heard Brum were interested.

Comment

Nah to be honest he will end up a Prem Club. Birmingham, Wolves ,West Ham or Newcastle or something. Bid will be around 2 million

Comment

Mate, unfortunately this is QPR... we don't sign quality strikers, nor do we pay anything over 1 million for anyone unless the board had way too much to drink the night before. I highly doubt were even going to get anyone in during this transfer, apart from maybe one defender and then a **** midfielder... To add to the frustration, Austin is class, I've been watching his goals all season and this lad knows how to put them away.

Comment

Birmingham £2m bid, Game over.

Comment

Originally posted by Ric-Roc View Post
                    Birmingham £2m bid, Game over.
                    To be fair, it was never game on.

Comment

Agreed.

Comment

Originally posted by DelTrotter View Post
                        He seems like a level headed lad, does he want first team football, good wages, the prospect of bringing a team to promotion, live in a nice place like london and to be under the great influence of warnock OR be backup for birmingham. Theres always hope.
                        I'd say he wants moola, wong, cheddar, pie, dough, dollars.....these players never know if they will get these opportunities again and £ usually talks 9 times out of 10. Its a shame because he will probably be a bit part player at brum.

Comment

A move to birmingham is bonkers imo. They are in a relegation battle, and yet somehow think a rookie striker with potential, but jumping 2 divisions, is the answer? It's got the Beckford example written all over it. Not good for the kid, he needs step by step education and should join a championship team.

Comment

Anyone watching Sky Sports news? I was on the blower but through the living room Charlie Austin was on the screen with breaking news on top of the page, anyone know what it was about? Brum bid???

Comment

Originally posted by Ric-Roc View Post
                              Anyone watching Sky Sports news? I was on the blower but through the living room Charlie Austin was on the screen with breaking news on top of the page, anyone know what it was about? Brum bid???
                              Parkinson sacked, so probably just showing goals from yesterday.

Comment

Oh right that makes sense cheers mate.

Comment

Working...
                                X