No announcement yet.

Woodgate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

James I understand what your saying but you wouldn't really want a fit woodgate in your side? He was IMHO the best english centre back of all time when fit and i'd have him over rio ferdinand. Nodge has already said he isn't a billy big balls so he would massively improve us if fit.
    I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by qprjames View Post
      I don't want him. Don't forget he wouldn't come just to provide cover and this is hardly gonna improve player morale if someone like him comes straight in and takes their place. Good player when fit but we now have some stability at last so surely we should leave well alone? We don't need the media attention that also goes with it.

Personally I would stick to more low key signings such as Austin that aren't going to come in thinking they are bigger than the club. We have a great team spirit and we shouldn't destroy it.
      Got to be a wind up, surely?

So in that instance, you wouldn't have Bothroyd over HH?
      Wouldn't have someone like Bertrand over Hill?

Sorry mate, but that's football. I'd take anyone to improve the team.
      Your mum would love me...

Comment

Exactly, NW has said he will only bring someone in if they are better than what we've got. He is streets ahead of what we have.

Although James I'm with you on the team spirit thing. Would he get in the team at the moment or have to wait for a chance anyway?

Comment

Originally posted by BennyBoyRs View Post
          Got to be a wind up, surely?

So in that instance, you wouldn't have Bothroyd over HH?
          Wouldn't have someone like Bertrand over Hill?

Sorry mate, but that's football. I'd take anyone to improve the team.
          Its different up front, we're not particually prolific in the striking department so of course you would take Bothroyd over HH. Also Bothroyd doesn't come with all the media attention Woodgate would come with.

On the other hand in defence we are solid and have let in the least amount of goals. Why would you want to change this by brining an injury prone defender such as woodgate? If it ain't broke dont fix it.
          Now, Then, Forever
          [CENTER]QPR-Football League CHAMPIONS

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
            James I understand what your saying but you wouldn't really want a fit woodgate in your side? He was IMHO the best english centre back of all time when fit and i'd have him over rio ferdinand. Nodge has already said he isn't a billy big balls so he would massively improve us if fit.
            If he was fully fit he'd be in the Spurs squad. There is a reason why they want to loan him out!
            Now, Then, Forever
            [CENTER]QPR-Football League CHAMPIONS

Comment

There's always been a connection with the y1ds, both past and present.
              Queens Park Rangers
              NPower Champions 2010/2011

PREMIER LEAGUE 2011 - ETERNITY (Oh well got that wrong, we'll be back though)

Comment

he hasnt been playing for spurs as he wasnt named in the 25 man squad no because hes been injured currently think hes playing in the ressies
                i supported qpr in the glory days when chris kiwomya and michael ngonge played up front

Comment

I would like to get him just to shut up the Baardiff fans who reckon they are getting him, Macheda and even Owen, seems they are suffering from Bellamyitis !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
                    I would like to get him just to shut up the Baardiff fans who reckon they are getting him, Macheda and even Owen, seems they are suffering from Bellamyitis !!!
                    And they ended up with fat Jon Parkin!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ric-Roc View Post
                      And they ended up with fat Jon Parkin!!
                      Must admit that has made me laugh, from Macheda to Parkin, yes he is a handful and he wouldn't fit in any centre halfs pocket ! But i can see a lot of unrest in the Valleys later today, if it becomes official !

Comment

Exactly...hardly shows ambition.

Comment

The Woodgate story could well happen. Connolly has being playing with a knee problem, which at the moment is not showing up on scans but is causing him some pain. I would imagine they will need to look at it again
                          ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
                          THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Just mentioned this story on Sky but did also say its a long shot.

Comment

You serious Cardiff signing Parkin? Almost fell off my chair laughing after Gareth's boasts the other day about signing everyone short of Ronaldo. Hilarious. As said, not the world's worst player and quite a handful in a clunking, stick the boot in have ten pints and a packet of fags after the game sort of way, but hardly the brave new world, is it? Poor Cardiff, those play off hopes receding at every turn. Davey Jones could be spending a whole lot more time at that young childrens home soon...

Comment

Stainrod by all accounts all paperwork on Parkin was done today 1pm & medical was completed at 2:30.

They are raving about him. Odd.

Comment

Working...
                                X