Woodgate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ric-Roc View Post
    Stainrod by all accounts all paperwork on Parkin was done today 1pm & medical was completed at 2:30.

They are raving about him. Odd.
    So they reckoned they were in for two strikers from Man U and they ended up with John Parkin and they are delighted? Each to their own. What's most bizarre is they already have a great striker force its their defence that's pants. Does this mean Boothroyd going? Now that would be a shame for the poor lambs...

Comment

They are insistent Bothroyd is staying. Vaughn deal not gone through according to Sky.

Joke club.

http://www.lep.co.uk/sport/football/...diff_1_2896019

Comment

Ill prob get shot down here but id of taken a punt on big Johnnie Parkin esp if the fee was only £100k,big awkward lump of a man who does score at this level.

This would be as well as the forwards we already have,not instead of like Cardiff.

Comment

EYR you are right and your last line says it all.

This is a team going for promotion with a forward line of Bellamy, Bothyroyd, Chopra & Keogh?! Weird. Someone has to drop out who will it be?

Comment

Originally posted by EYR View Post
            Ill prob get shot down here but id of taken a punt on big Johnnie Parkin esp if the fee was only £100k,big awkward lump of a man who does score at this level.

This would be as well as the forwards we already have,not instead of like Cardiff.
            He is not a player I would like to see with us

He got shut down when he played against us at home

Never seen a player moan so much because he could not get the ball

Comment

not to bothered about what cardiff do.......getting woodgate on loan is no bad thing. give him 3 months-playing in eight odd games and hopefully we'd have nearly enough points for the top two spots. some form of medical would have to be sorted out. if it doesn't work out so what?? not like we can't afford it on a short term contract. speculate to ...........
              PRIDE OF LONDON.

Comment

When we played preston this season, Parkin climbed out of a sickbed to play for them, good reason to be slightly out of salts.

On previous occasions that we have played preston, parkin has always caused us problems.
                They seek him here.................

Comment

Chopra and Bothroyd off apparently

Comment

just my opinion but i would hate to see some one like parkin at the rs , HES SHITE

Comment

Originally posted by kron-1664 View Post
                      just my opinion but i would hate to see some one like parkin at the rs , HES SHITE

Comment

Woodgate? Probably get injured, I would take him in a heartbeat.

Comment

Originally posted by kron-1664 View Post
                          What about the likes of Koejoe, Youssef and Nygaard?

Comment

Originally posted by Nodge70 View Post
                            What about the likes of Koejoe, Youssef and Nygaard?
                            Yes those as well

Comment

An unflattering Leeds view on "Woody":

So Harry Redknapp thinks Jonathan “Plank” Woodgate needs a spell out on loan and that has set the LUFC blog and forum world into a frenzy. That speculation frenzy will be nothing compared to the storm if he does swan back into Elland Road!

Regular readers will know that this site wouldn’t bat an eyelid if Alan Smith (subject to similar rumour, more fantasy than the Woodgate one) were to return so why the difference with Woodgate? Because Smith hasn’t got a conviction for assault, an act that includes causing permanent damage to the victim. Smith doesn’t have a best mate taking a 6 year prison rap, Smith didn’t try and convince a team-mate to do some perjury. Smith isn’t the ultimate symbol of where the club started the decent into chaos. In the end only one footballer truly represents the over-indulgence of the thick over-hyped cretin that now dominates the game, that is Woodgate.

http://clarkeonenil.co.uk/front-page...nk-saga-starts

There are some footballing reasons not to bring him back, including his inability to play more than an average of 10 games a season, the fact his football ability is even more sub-liminal and instinctive than brain dead Rooney etc. But they pail into insignificance compared to how the symbolism of his return would look, basically as a club that hasn’t and is incapable of addressing its dodgy history.

Put bluntly I’d rather have a fat Viduka and a lost it Beckford than a man who tried and failed miserably, starting with his famous first Newcastle press conference ”ask Michael Chopra” quote, to rid the accusation of racist intent in that infamous attack. Now is not the time to put at risk our slow climb back, as a team and respectable public relations (notwithstanding the permanent Bates factor), with such a provocation of a loan signing.”

And put bluntly if anything the case against Woodgate has got stronger in the last week. I’d rather keep playing Collins!

No, thanks!

Comment

Woodgate played 36 full games for Spurs in season 2008/2009 and played 21 consecutive times following his move the previous season.

The Leeds poster seems to rely on the grapevine rather than cold hard facts.

Comment

Working...
                                X