Swindon ITK source

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EYR View Post
    Question is why are these players slipping under our radar while at non league level.

The likes of Mackail-Smith,McClean,Beckford,Austin even Freddy Eastwood (although he gone shite now) have all come from non league to become very good players.
    Who failed to make the grade at clubs at our below before going non-league. It's a long way back I guess and a gamble

Comment

Originally posted by qprted View Post
      well austin is supposedly the finest prospect in the country so we have now got a twenty goal a season striker,at least and he will improve to0 become a thirty goal a season player,when i recomeded this player i didnt think it was possible that we would sign him ,so congratulations once again neil warnock it seems you have once again got a miracle
      IF he joins don't you mean,just a rumour at the moment

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
        IF he joins don't you mean,just a rumour at the moment
        exactly...talk about jumping the gun

Comment

Originally posted by EYR View Post
          Question is why are these players slipping under our radar while at non league level.

The likes of Mackail-Smith,McClean,Beckford,Austin even Freddy Eastwood (although he gone shite now) have all come from non league to become very good players.
          We can't sign every promising young kid from the lower leagues on the off-chance - and it really is the off-change - they make it. This was particularly the case when we were struggling and any spare pennies were spent on players who might score us a goal that Saturday, not in three years time. But signs we are now returning to our traditions, scouring the lower leagues (talk of Austin and this player from Exeter). Don't feel qualified to make a proper judgement about either, but if Neil believes in them happy to back his assessment.

Comment

I've just spoken with a Swindon season ticket holder, and can add nothing to the speculation. He goes to every game drunk, but says Austin is the real deal. For a stumpy bloke he can jump a bit, and is full of energy and loves tracking back and getting his foot in. Cox was good, but nothing compared to Austin, the six million dollar man, we can rebuild him, if he gets into a tumble!

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
              For a stumpy bloke he can jump a bit
              He's 6 ft 3 isn't he?

Hardly a dwarf.

Comment

Nice thought but ain't gonna happen. Let's get focused on our existing players and forget all this nonsense!
                oldhoop

The Bread Mans Blue and White Army

Comment

According to the Mailon Sunday, Celtic have just made Freddie Lundberg their top earner on 16K per week.

From a salary perspective, we should be able to compete in terms of offering a Hooper or an Austin equivalent money?

Comment

One of my best mates is a Swindon fan, when I asked him about the rumour last week he doubted it had legs, but he said be years day it was going around their ground, and all the dans has resigned to the fact he would be joining us, not substance to where it has come from though

Comment

Working...
                    X