Swindon ITK source

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jeffro View Post
    Cheers Ted, I wasnt sure but now 2 people have said this including you then I expect him to be on SS News with Neil Warnock next week.

Merry, my pleasure , I shall keep you all UTD with what i hear.
    I stated on another thread that I expect this lad to be here in the window, one of the talksport guys let it slip.
    Kept the faith!

Comment

It's a lot of dough for a league 1 striker though.

Still, I'd be happy with him.
      Your mum would love me...

Comment

Celtic forum views:

TalkCeltic is an unofficial Celtic FC website and forum. A place to discuss all things Celtic Football Club related with other like-minded supporters.

It confirms bidding is up to 2.5m including "add-ons" for performance. Doesnt mean the up front cash fee is anywhere near that figure. It also confirms the "talksport whisper", for what it's worth.

Given Charlie has a young family, and they are based in the south, in the M4 corridor, I would have thought the Rs package should appeal, even if Celtic offered marginally more salary.

Comment

ITK

I know a key member of the Swindon board (having done some business with him before and quite recently). Asked if we had bid, he would not confirm (he was unsurprisingly quite coy though) but said they would let him go for £2million without question if we made the offer.

Comment

aint a member here just going to take over them and run them, surely he would know. (or maybe the whole deal hinged on him making us pay four times the players worth to actually get the gig...joke... lol)

Comment

Cheers Jeffro, do you trust your contact?

Would be over the moon at this if true.

Comment

Do not believe a word of this until it's official.

Comment

Originally posted by Ric-Roc View Post
                  Cheers Jeffro, do you trust your contact?

Would be over the moon at this if true.
                  Well it is a bird who has a season ticket and we always talk football.

She goes all the awards etc, knows a few players and exec's, would have no reason to lie.

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
                    We never pay the figures mentioned
                    We had a £2.75m bid ACCEPTED by Ipswich for Jon Walters.

EDIT; Cheers Jeffro yep fair shout.

Comment

I must add; imho this deal will be 2.3 mil all in. Much like Faurlin was quoted 3.5 whenit was probably only 500k upfront and 500k to Inter.
                      Id expect Austin to be 1.5 upfront with further if we go up, which will attract Swindon as it looks likely that we will.

Comment

Only thing that is slightly worrying regarding Celtic's interest is that they have 3 players on loan at Swindon so obviously they have a good relationship with Celtic, would they want to upset Neil Lennon knowing he can recall 3 handy players and leave them in the sh!t in the process? I know £ talks but look at Preston yesterday, upset the wrong man & you lose good players.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffro View Post
                          Well it is a bird who has a season ticket and we always talk football.

She goes all the awards etc, knows a few players and exec's, would have no reason to lie.
                          So this bird is a robin?

Sorry guys, I have tried calling a taxi but it's New Year's Eve.

Comment

Originally posted by BuzsakyIsGod View Post
                            I thought we weren't going to buy anyone?
                            Firstly, I don't believe this rumour.

However, Warnock has said he wont buy anyone unless they will improve the team. He wants quality not quantity.

Perhaps he thinks Austin can make the step up and then the next one too. He certainly looks like a goalscorer and if QPR can sign a natural finisher, with aerial ability, then that would be improving the team.

Comment

The original figures are allways inflated. Everyone knows that.. Up front sum i wouldnt have thought would be more than 1.5 with the rest in add ons..

Id be chuffed to bits with it if we signed him. In all seriousness i was shocked Hooper decided to go to celtic, i understand the champions league side of things but playing week in week out in the SPL must be soul destroying, especially when you could be playing at the likes of Old trafford, st james park, anfield, emrites, stamford bridge, stadium of light etc etc.... lotus road ;)...
                              Cant believe it, ive been PWOPER MUGGED ORF...

Comment

Charlie Austin would be the icing on the cake!!

Comment

Working...
                                X