Could adel handle the Prem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could adel handle the Prem?

He no doubt has the ability to produce a match winning performance in any division accross the world, but I feel he will lose you plenty of games as well at a higher level. His downfall is giving the ball away far too often and against good sides we will get punished alot more often.

He is far from the finished article and unless he can improve certain aspects of his game (tracking back and less roy of the rovers runs) then I feel he maybe best used as a "squad"/impact sub player.

Would not be too disappointed if he were to go abroad in the summer and we replaced him with Jimmy Bullard. Experience, match winner, grafter and probably for sale in the summer if Hull don't go up

Originally posted by trumpet trousers View Post
    He no doubt has the ability to produce a match winning performance in any division accross the world, but I feel he will lose you plenty of games as well at a higher level. His downfall is giving the ball away far too often and against good sides we will get punished alot more often.

He is far from the finished article and unless he can improve certain aspects of his game (tracking back and less roy of the rovers runs) then I feel he maybe best used as a "squad"/impact sub player.

Would not be too disappointed if he were to go abroad in the summer and we replaced him with Jimmy Bullard. Experience, match winner, grafter and probably for sale in the summer if Hull don't go up
    I don't think it's a problem we'll have to worry about to be honest.

Comment

Clueless.

Comment

Not for the time being but If we get propmoted and he stays, I believe he can handle the Premier league because he is currently learning. I saw a completely different and much improved Taarabt during the Swansea game specifically his passing and playing for the squad.
        Last edited by Yousef; 28-12-2010, 10:39 AM.
        QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

...what a great idea i bet Warnock has been trying to set up a deal all season to arrange a swop Bullard for Adel, remind me how many times has Bullard played in the last 4 seasons ? Adel is a wonderful talent his good play outweighs his bad play.

Comment

Originally posted by dangould View Post
            ...what a great idea i bet Warnock has been trying to set up a deal all season to arrange a swop Bullard for Adel, remind me how many times has Bullard played in the last 4 seasons ? Adel is a wonderful talent his good play outweighs his bad play.
            he has had knee problems but is over them and back in the hull side. If he can stay fit this season and free from injury then definitly would be a realistic purchase and a tremendous addition to the team.

Adel is a talent as i have said and his good play outweighs his bad in this division, just feel he may get exposed in the prem.

What was his record for spurs in the prem?

Comment

Originally posted by DelTrotter View Post
              Clueless.
              Thanks for taking the time to write such a sensible and detailed response

Comment

Thanks for taking the time to write such a sensible and detailed response

Not the most eloquent or detailed response perhaps. But he does have a point!!!!!
                oldhoop

The Bread Mans Blue and White Army

Comment

Ican see both sides of arguement , but AT is now starting to mature [only 21] , so next season i feel we will be watching a genuine Superstar in the prem
                  Football played the Charlie Ferris way

Comment

i really dont think any club in the premiership we would risk buying him and playing him yet. hes to inconsistent and he would be far to much of a luxury for any of the lower half clubs.
                    if we went up cos of him then we would play him cos hes the reason we are likely to go up, and would be our main star.
                    but could you imagine him against a side like arsenal last night, and playing like he has done on tv so far this year? we would of got hammered by more than 10 id guess.

Comment

it would take a while to help him find his feet. He would not get so much space. In spain and italy he would. But i think he`ll do ok in prem. They`ll try and kick the sh1t outta him.

Comment

Depends who his manager is. You'd have thought someone like Redknapp would have had success with him but couldn't tame him. There are lots of managers who would struggle to fit him into their plans and deal with his petulance.

Right now he is with the right manager and with the right team.

Comment

No way would I swap Adel for Bullard but as you suggest if Bullard does stay fit and Hull don't go up (they are starting to splash the cash) he would be worth looking at if available at a knock down price as a very good player when fit (which alas isn't often).

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
                            No way would I swap Adel for Bullard but as you suggest if Bullard does stay fit and Hull don't go up (they are starting to splash the cash) he would be worth looking at if available at a knock down price as a very good player when fit (which alas isn't often).
                            He will not stay fit ever again, he's FFfffffffff keD!

Comment

Taarabt will get alot more time in the Prem and will improve his decision making on when to dribble and when to pass. A fit Bullard would be good too.

Comment

Working...
                              X