What QPR means to you - responses for Uni essay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hermitage10 View Post
    Alrite lads, I am writing an essay at uni about football fans and need some responses to some questions. If anyone has time to answer these it would really help me out. You can PM me your answers if you dont want them to be seen by all.

Mods - sorry if this is against the rules!

1. Why did you decide to support QPR?

2. What connection do you feel to QPR?

3. What does QPR mean to you?

Thanks

I live in the South West and always have so QPR has no local thing going with me but:

1. Why did you decide to support QPR? - They were a little team making a lot of waves in the early 70s when I started watching football. I love underdogs and they were the ultimate underdogs punching above their weight....Once QPR always QPR!!

2. What connection do you feel to QPR? Football = QPR. I have no interest in the Premier League until we are in it.

3. What does QPR mean to you? I cannot do anything when QPR are playing other that listen to them on the radio, watch them on internet/TV or keep tabs on Sky Soccer Saturday....I always wear a QPR shirt when we play (superstition). I missed my staff xmas party this year to watch us lose 3-1 to Watford.

Comment

------------------------------------

the kit, and I started reading Shoot! during the 75 season when we came second to Liverpool, used to do the tables that came with the magazine.

2. They are my football team, plain and simple

3. pain, despair and futility

Comment

Alrite lads, I am writing an essay at uni about football fans and need some responses to some questions. If anyone has time to answer these it would really help me out. You can PM me your answers if you dont want them to be seen by all.

Thanks
        1.My Dad (RIP) took me when I was 6 years old and we only lived 10 seconds walk away from the ground.

2.I am proud and always prideful having this connection with QPR as it brings a sense of my upbringing as a child and the special memories and heartaches I've encountered supporting and following QPR. I will always have this special connection with QPR.

3.Pride and Passion. Rangers till
        I die!

PS. Good luck
        Mahal kita QPR

Follow me on Twitter: Filiranger

Comment

Thanks

1. When i was 11 I wrote to QPR because I missed the game against Tottenham as I was so ill (with excitement) I couldn't go to the game. They published my letter and sent me a ticket, to sit on the touchline, for the next home game against Arsenal. That was it I was hooked!

2. My grandmother lived in Armin9er Road which backs on to the Ellerslie Rd stand. I used to live in Blyth Road (Brook Green area) and would walk to Rangers, Chelsea and Fulham depending on who they were playing. But Rangers was my first love.

3. Pride, passion a sense of belonging. They are "my" team and I will defend them to the hilt. I revel in the fact we are and always will be a small, friendly, family club and that we are invariably the underdogs.

Good luck with the essay and please PM me if I can help further.

Come on URRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRSSSSSS
          oldhoop

The Bread Mans Blue and White Army

Comment

Qpr=life

Comment

1 - born two roads away from loftus road, and just followed all the people who parked outside my house to see where they were going when i was about 5, and ended up bunking in every game. then my old man was a season ticket holder and used to take me with him and push me thru the turnstiles.

2 - big connection, have been personal friends with loads of players, just always went out of my way to make mates with them and go clubbing etc cos they were my idols cos they played for the club i loved all my life. (no chucking up)

3 - makes most of my moods every week of the season. usually always bad, but this season ive been ecstatic all week nearly every week.

Comment

Working...
              X