What QPR means to you - responses for Uni essay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What QPR means to you - responses for Uni essay

Alrite lads, I am writing an essay at uni about football fans and need some responses to some questions. If anyone has time to answer these it would really help me out. You can PM me your answers if you dont want them to be seen by all.

Mods - sorry if this is against the rules!

1. Why did you decide to support QPR?

2. What connection do you feel to QPR?

3. What does QPR mean to you?

Thanks
    CHAMPIONS
    Ainsworth is a Legend http://twitter.com/#!/ChrisHermitage Has scored at Loftus Road

Originally posted by hermitage10 View Post
    Alrite lads, I am writing an essay at uni about football fans and need some responses to some questions. If anyone has time to answer these it would really help me out. You can PM me your answers if you dont want them to be seen by all.

1. Why did you decide to support QPR? - Stan Bowles, local team, liked the kit.

2. What connection do you feel to QPR? - I am QPR. They win, I win. They lose, I lose. Wierd really.

3. What does QPR mean to you? The reason Paracetemol was invented.

Thanks
    Final Version - Hope you like it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1z0UQ0eqRM

Follow Me On Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/QPRGoddard

Comment

1. Why did you decide to support QPR? My Dad and uncles support them. Both my brothers do as well, plus most of my cousins. It's a family ting, innit.

2. What connection do you feel to QPR? Like Goddard, when we're doing well, I'm happy. If we're losing, I'm a little depressed. It has been know to ruin my weekend on many ocassions, as well as cause tension between me and ex girlfriends. Sad? Oh well.

3. What does QPR mean to you? Some call it sad, but I'm sure many, if not all of you would agree...It's pretty much my life. As said above...QPR can alter my mood. Right now, although we've lost two on the bounce, I'm loving it. I genuinely believe it's our year, and I can't wait for next season.

4. What role do you think fans have, at matches and in general? What power do fans have? We are the life of the club. We will be here through the good, and the bad times. We will see the players like Taarabt come, and then go. We keep this club going and that's no lie. As for the power, as fans, we have lots of it. Too much, if I'm being honest. Our fans can be right, arrogant w**kers in all honesty. If a large section does not like a certain player, then his life will be tought at QPR, unless he turns out to be the next Sir Les, or Furlong who won them over. NW's recent comments back this up. He didn't want Legs, but our fans have to a degree, forced him out. Neil is building HIS team, and he's clearly worried about fan power, otherwise he wouldn't have made these comments. It's already started with Mackie, Gorkss, Hill and Derry.

I hope this helps mate, and good luck.
      Last edited by BennyBoyRs; 24-12-2010, 04:29 PM.
      Your mum would love me...

Comment

Cheers guys, they are great. One last question

4. What role do you think fans have, at matches and in general? What power do fans have?
        Last edited by hermitage10; 24-12-2010, 03:47 PM.
        CHAMPIONS
        Ainsworth is a Legend http://twitter.com/#!/ChrisHermitage Has scored at Loftus Road

Comment

1. Why did you decide to support QPR? My old man wouldnt have it any other way and neither would I, even if i wanted to I wouldnt have been allowed to support any other team (im glad aswell). They were my local team local team. As benny said its a family ting.

2. What connection do you feel to QPR? When we're doing well, im happy, when we're doing sh*t im moody.

3. What does QPR mean to you? Qpr means everything to me, dictates my whole life near enough.

4. What role do you think fans have, at matches and in general? What power do fans have? A big role. As shown by leigertwood, if a player is constantly getting stick and people get on his back the nerves start to show and it affects performances
          Last edited by DelTrotter; 24-12-2010, 03:57 PM.

Comment

1. Why did you decide to support QPR? Sort of dragged along by my mum and dad, who weren't fans themselves at the time, they were just taking a friend's son when their friend couldn 't take him along. Not my decision at the time!

2. What connection do you feel to QPR? The very odd feeling that, when I hear "QPR" or "Queens Park Rangers" being said, or read it in the paper, it's just like someone's calling my own name. Plus, happy Sundays if we win, horrible Sundays if we lose.

3. What does QPR mean to you? Been with Rangers nearly twice as long as I've been with my husband (although him and my children come before Rangers and rightly so). Rangers have been a big part of my life for 42 of my 50 years and I can't remember life before them.
            Faurlin is my hero!!! Love him!!! #########

Comment

4. What role do you think fans have, at matches and in general? What power do fans have? Far, far more important than some clubs give them credit for. Very sad to see the demise of the real fan at Premiership level, and I fear we will go the same way in time if we get promoted. Fans should be a big part of the team's performance -- we should be part of that team, not missing half the game sat in corporate boxes eating bagels.
              Faurlin is my hero!!! Love him!!! #########

Comment

Originally posted by hermitage10 View Post

They were my local team and when I moved out of London they were part of my link with my roots, plus we had Marsh and then Bowles

They have been a major part of my life and I have made many good friends through QPR. I have had 3 good mates, that I made through supporting QPR, die in recent years and their funerals have made me realise how much QPR meant to them and to me. When people moan aboui this and that, I just think of my 3 mates and how they would love to be at matches now.

Simple, they can make or ruin my weekend.

Thanks
                4. If the team perform on the pitch then the world is a better place no matter what.
                RIP: Doug, Sniffer and Pat

Comment

1. Why did you decide to support QPR?.

My old man used to take me to Brentford from the ages of 5 to 10 (70's).Then my mate at school used to go to Rangers with his dad and i tagged along one day and became hooked on the club.

2. What connection do you feel to QPR?.

It is a big part of my life and probably the main thing i spend my disposable income on.

3. What does QPR mean to you?.

It is my favourite way of spending my leisure time.It also gives me something to look forward to the weekends for.

4. What role do you think fans have, at matches and in general? What power do fans have?.

Fans become a 12th man and lift the team at matches.Off pitch they can influence management choice etc..

Comment

My family has always supported the club....my great, great grandad supported the club! Most of us were brought up around the ground. Never had a choice really!

2. What connection do you feel to QPR? QPR is like one big family for me. It easily has the greatest impact on my life. When QPR are doing well i'm a fun person to be with...when we're doing bad, you wanna stay clear off me

As others have said, QPR literally is my life. My week rotates around QPR. Had opportunities in the past to have some well paid weekend work...never could do it though! Have to be at QPR! If you were to ask anyone that knows me to say one word that represents me....pretty much all would say 'QPR'. Hasn't always made my life easy (many ribbings after loosing to teams like Vauxhall Motors!!) but wouldn't change it for the world!!

4. What role do you think fans have, at matches and in general?

Fans have a huge impact at any club. As the saying goes... 'managers, players and owners come and go..but the fans will always be there'. I think we have a great bunch of fans at QPR. In the last few years we have had some proper seasons and results but we have always maintained a pretty similar attendance. Our away fans our absolutely fantastic. If you were to do a proportion of home fans that go to away games we would have one of the best ratios in the league. We will be here through the good, and the bad times. Atmosphere wise fans also have a huge role to play, when Loftus Road is rocking you can really see the players respond.
                    Now, Then, Forever
                    [CENTER]QPR-Football League CHAMPIONS

Comment

thanks a lot lads, these have been really helpful and support what the theorists say which made the essay easier to write!
                      CHAMPIONS

Comment

Born on Du Cane Road, lived in batman close before moving away from London. Dad and Grandad were and still are fanatics. Brought up on them telling me stories of the great 70s team. So local side and drilled into me from birth.

I love the fact I feel like a real supporter, none of this glory hunting being from London and supporting Man U, only seeing them on TV. As you have all stated, moods change with results etc. When you see another QPR fan out in the shops it feels weird as again refering to man u etc its common, but with us it is not.

it means LOVE
                        @chrisrobson9

Comment

1-had no real choice in the matter.all my family are rangers.

2-my connection at the moment aint as big as it was in the past but that is due to my view of the state of the game overall.

3-means the world to me-got 3 rangers tattoos,id say my 5 best friends are rangers,been a massive part of my life all my life-shaped how i dressed and what i would do socially,only had real time with my old man at rangers matches,rangers are my tribe.

4-not a lot anymore
                          "The kids missed everything from Queens Park Rangers to Conkers".

London Pride has been handed down to us.
                          London Pride is a flower that's free.
                          London Pride means our own dear town to us,
                          And our pride it for ever will be.

Comment

1. Why did you decide to support QPR? As a kid my football allegiances changed season by season. Brother got fed up with me, thrust a pools coupon in my face and told me to pick a team for life and stick to it. I loved cowboys and Indians so "Rangers" was my natural choice. They also had unusual colours, had just won the old 2nd division (1973) and had Stan Bowles - those things also helped but it was mainly the name and the threat of a good kicking from my brother (who's a hammer). True story.

2. What connection do you feel to QPR? Like others their results have an influence on my general mood and are correlated to my happiness levels. They are what I think about when I'm not doing general life things.

3. What does QPR mean to you? Unconditional love. They can let me down, often do but I still come back for more. I wouldn't necessarily let a person put me through the same grief as often as I have Rangers, I would have left them.

4. No better atmosphere than a rocking Loftus Road. Without fans, no club, simple as.

Comment

My Dad lived in the Suttons so started taking me from around the age of 8 or 9.

QPR is in my blood, I go to sleep thinking about the club and wake up thinking about the club.

Everything. QPR is like my brother, it's family. QPR means passion,fight, friendship. QPR means everything.

Comment

Working...
                              X