Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who watched all 46 Newcastle matches last season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess Newcastle had a sligthly better squad than ours? Just a thought.
    QPR
    Best team in the world
    Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
      Form is temporary but class is permanent

Yes, I did see most of their games as the majority were covered live, there was a total Newcastle fook fest if you cast your mind back. I don't care about other teams, but Newcastle were not lucky to get 102 points, the table doesn't lie.

I think we will go up, but the winners won't top 95 and one win and a draw will see us at 45 points at the half was mark.

It's a very average championship this season and promotion is there for any team who can string a few results together
      You didn't watch must of QPR then last season if you managed to watch all 46 matches as more than half of them were on the same time as we were.

Comment

Originally posted by G.T.P View Post
        i dont give a toss about how cardiff or swansea perform to be fair, its us and our lack of chances im worried about
        tho why do you keep mentioning them two and ignoring leeds and the other teams catching up a bit?
        Cardiff and Swansea were the teams five minutes ago that you and many others were saying had wrapped this league up. Recent results have shown that that is not the case.

Yes Leeds are catching up but they've played a game more than us and are beatable just like everyone else in this division. Will they be still up there come May maybe but you could have said the same about half a dozen teams by now and they've all dropped off whilst we are still on top.

We've lost twice in 21 matches. If we lose our next couple then feel free to say I told you so but whether we've ridden our luck or not we are top and no other team can say that for at least a couple of matches.

Comment

ive always said its us and cardiff. i still think that will be the case. but we need a couple of new faces in jan or it will be a very hard ask.

Comment

ive always said its us and cardiff. i still think that will be the case. but we need a couple of new faces in jan or it will be a very hard ask.
            Top 2 then . that'll do for me
            Football played the Charlie Ferris way

Comment

Then we should care about Cardiff. We only need one more point than the team in 3rd to be promoted and that could well be Cardiff. Of course it could be Leeds, Leicester, Forest or a number of others teams but we (not the club or the management) but us as fans shouldn't forget the other teams around us when talking about our own season. Of course the last two results are disappointing and of course we've had some luck but the whole point of this thread (and I could have chosen any promoted side of the last decade) is that every team will ride their luck and lose at some point.

We do need to strengthen and our squad is weaker than Newcastle's but so is the league so in turn we don't need as good a team to get promoted because the opposition aren't as good.

Comment

i do care about them, but its our form thats worrying me. not just cos of two losses, but our game seems to have gone a bit off. they might not be going great guns, but they have got a better side than us on paper. so they can only get better and go on another good run. the panic is can we, cos lack of goals is such a worry for us now.

Comment

i do care about them, but its our form thats worrying me. not just cos of two losses, but our game seems to have gone a bit off. they might not be going great guns, but they have got a better side than us on paper. so they can only get better and go on another good run. the panic is can we, cos lack of goals is such a worry for us now.
                  Only one man can really answer that and that's Warnock. Is Tofas ready to play at this level? Is Van Moen good enough? When will Buzsaky return? Will Lee Cook ever get fit and return to form? Will Rowlands ever get a look in?

In my book a number of these players (on paper) can give the side extra creativity and even the odd goal. We've missed goals from the centre pairing - it was only a couple of seasons ago that Rowlands and Buzsaky finished top scorers. When the game looks lost or heading towards a draw we miss having someone like Rowlands to grab that vital goal.

January will be a big month for the side and we will once again see how much the owners really want promotion but what type of player comes in. If we only see Van Moen (although he might actually be a good player we will have to wait and see) instead of say signing Kris Commons then I think it will say a lot about their commitment.

IMO we need to do the homework on the opposition in the same way that Watford and Leeds have done it on us. Look at others teams losses and see how they came unstuck. Who are the key men and who is the weakness. I think the fact that Cardiff have been on so much gave Warnock a lot of footage to work out how to stop them and in turn how to beat them - we need to do the same with Swansea, Coventry etc.

Comment

Working...
                  X