Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who watched all 46 Newcastle matches last season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who watched all 46 Newcastle matches last season?

Straightforward question did anybody watch every match of theirs last season? Can those who did tell me if they were fortunate in the odd game here of there?

I've read a number of times over the past 24 hours that if it hadn't of been for that penalty at Pompey or for Helguson's goal at Palace or for Mackie's finish at Derby we wouldn't be top so if that the case then can someone tell me that Newcastle never once were lucky?

How did they perform against us at St James'?

So was Nolan's 92nd minute winner against Doncaster, Morgan's own goal being the winner when they played Sheff Utd, Carroll 87th minute equaliser against Swansea, coming back from 2 nil down with 20 to go against Bristol City not lucky? Not a little bit fortunate? Couldn't these results have been slightly different? Would they have beaten us on the final day of the season if we had had 11 men?

Maybe all teams get luck and because we've no idea how others perform over the course of the season its easy to say what if. What if this or that happened? It didn't. What did happen is that we are top after 21 matches with or without our fair share of luck.

Good post mate.

We have lost two games when most of the teams around us have lost 6 or 7.Hardly a crisis is it?.

Comment

great post never a truer word,some worry no prob,some nervous no prob
      but the moaners,well i could understand if we were down the bottom
      maybe.......BUT WE ARE TOP.....LONG MAY IT CONTINUE!!!!!

Comment

I suppose it comes down to confidence - we have been an underdog sort of club for so long now that even when things are going well the default position is to assume that it is bound to go wrong pretty soon. A top team expects to come back when losing a game - we are ecstatically amazed.

Comment

Every promoted team need there luck, i think the worry thing is the way the team has started to play, very,very direct, which wasn't the case earlier, i wonder if nerves are creeping in already, hope not.

Comment

Originally posted by stan_bowles View Post
            Good post mate.

We have lost two games when most of the teams around us have lost 6 or 7.Hardly a crisis is it?.
            Certainly not a crisis but i think its more than manner of the defeats,the fact weve looked so poor.

Comment

Originally posted by EYR View Post
              Certainly not a crisis but i think its more than manner of the defeats,the fact weve looked so poor.
              Didn't Leeds concede 6 against Preston? Again without having watched every match that has been played by every team how do we know how our performances compare? How did Cardiff do against Boro compared with how we did against Leeds? No idea as I didn't see the Cardiff game (nor did I or the majority of members on this board watch yesterdays match).

Comment

you didnt need to go to see it was a poor performance when you read we didnt have one chance on target and the keeper didnt have to make a save tho.
                and that outside the area off target shot by adel on the t.v was infuriating cos we had so many players in better scoring positons in front of him on that break.

Comment

Originally posted by sirpiechucker View Post
                  Didn't Leeds concede 6 against Preston? Again without having watched every match that has been played by every team how do we know how our performances compare? How did Cardiff do against Boro compared with how we did against Leeds? No idea as I didn't see the Cardiff game (nor did I or the majority of members on this board watch yesterdays match).
                  Without trying to sound repetitive, its not the defeats its the way the team has started to play, the first half at home to Watford must be the worst 45min of football i have seen at HQ, truly awful, cant recall a more direct rangers side ( and ive been going since the late 70s) so why has it started is it nerves already? if so we're in big trouble, can't think what else it could be, it sounds like Warnock is just as bemused.

Comment

if we had lost two in different parts of the season then it wouldnt be so worrying. but the two on the trot we have lost with not much reply whatsoever is the nervy part. a team not scoring can become a seriously bad habit to break, as we all know.

Comment

So how have Cardiff played the last two games? What is the nature of swanseas results and performances then? Because I don't tend to read the stats and facts of every game in the division.

Comment

i dont give a toss about how cardiff or swansea perform to be fair, its us and our lack of chances im worried about
                        tho why do you keep mentioning them two and ignoring leeds and the other teams catching up a bit?

Comment

Sirpie, all true but not sure Newcastle lost two on the bounce, if they did bet they went on a unbeaten run. Thats what we have to do
                          ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
                          THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Straightforward question did anybody watch every match of theirs last season? Can those who did tell me if they were fortunate in the odd game here of there?

I've read a number of times over the past 24 hours that if it hadn't of been for that penalty at Pompey or for Helguson's goal at Palace or for Mackie's finish at Derby we wouldn't be top so if that the case then can someone tell me that Newcastle never once were lucky?

How did they perform against us at St James'?

So was Nolan's 92nd minute winner against Doncaster, Morgan's own goal being the winner when they played Sheff Utd, Carroll 87th minute equaliser against Swansea, coming back from 2 nil down with 20 to go against Bristol City not lucky? Not a little bit fortunate? Couldn't these results have been slightly different? Would they have beaten us on the final day of the season if we had had 11 men?

Maybe all teams get luck and because we've no idea how others perform over the course of the season its easy to say what if. What if this or that happened? It didn't. What did happen is that we are top after 21 matches with or without our fair share of luck.
                            Form is temporary but class is permanent

Yes, I did see most of their games as the majority were covered live, there was a total Newcastle fook fest if you cast your mind back. I don't care about other teams, but Newcastle were not lucky to get 102 points, the table doesn't lie.

I think we will go up, but the winners won't top 95 and one win and a draw will see us at 45 points at the half was mark.

It's a very average championship this season and promotion is there for any team who can string a few results together

Comment

So how have Cardiff played the last two games? What is the nature of swanseas results and performances then? Because I don't tend to read the stats and facts of every game in the division.
                              Mate i dont care how Swansea or Cardiff are playing im worried that we are starting to get nervous, and as a result humping the ball forward , its seems no one wants the ball for longer than one touch, apart from Adel.

Comment

Working...
                              X