Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just got back from a freezing Elland Road.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just got back from a freezing Elland Road.....

After spending the best part of two hours freezing my #### off at Elland Road today watching us play around 25 minutes of good football and not converting a number of pretty good chances, I have realised that we have some problems:

1) Hulse was once again woeful. His finish - or lack thereof - in the first half was absolutely woeful from 3 yards out. It was maddening. He wasn't great in the air, and he didn't seem to move well enough with Mackie. When are we going to give him his match fitness in the reserves and let Helguson regain his place (I shock I know coming from me, who happily slaughtered Heidar throughout last season). The Helguson-Mackie combination has been fantastic this season (Watford apart) and we are starting to desperately need some goals.

2) When Faurlin's in the side - or crap - then we struggle. Faurlin wasn't in the side against Leeds (apparently he had flu), and it showed. Derry tried a lot, but when Taarabt's not tackling back as much as he should (although we did notice the odd challenge going in) and Walker's not a natural midfielder (frankly, I would have preferred him the place of Bradley Orr, who badly let us down for the second goal (the BBC highlight only tells half the story of the goal, which was started by a failure of either Tommy Smith or Orr to track back and was pretty awful all game long), then we're well and truly screwed. I'm trying to understand this, but why couldn't we start Rowlands, who's meant to be fit- and add some solidity in the midfield?

3) As Steve Claridge made the comment: "Defensively, QPR are awful." It's true. Gorkss and Connolly didn't seem to know what planet each other were on the first half and Fitz Hall was better, but still not up to much. We are slow at the wing backs (there MUST be someone better to replace Clint Hill, who's become a liability) and we will struggle against pacier sides. Against Watford AND Leeds we struggled against pace, and it showed. We were badly exposed today, and Snodgrass - Leeds' best player - seemed to go forward and not get tackled at will. Kenny may have been poor for the second goal, but he then pulled off a couple of good saves. Otherwise the score could have been dreadful.

4) Give Taarabt some extra crossing lessons - because he can't pull it off consistently! Otherwise, let Smith take the corners and free-kicks!! Having said that, Adel was the only person out there making a bit of effort today. For himself? Perhaps. But at least he made a bit of effort.

My ideal line-up would be:

Kenny

Walker
    Gorkss
    Connolly
    xx (add good left-back here that's NOT Clint Hill)

Taarabt
    Faurlin
    Derry
    Smith

Mackie
    Helguson

Subs: Agyemang, Hulse, Hill, Hall
    Last edited by alexferguson60; 19-12-2010, 02:40 AM.

no derry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    rightoh mate

Comment

Oops. Forgot about Derry. Sorry!

Comment

So Jimmy Smith is still playing for us.

You learn something new everyday. Cheers for the right up all the same. Sounds like we have problems.

Comment

Thanks for getting me to change my post. Much appreciated.

Comment

Derry was poor again today. Hill just gets worse. These players have now peaked for the season.
            First game: Arsenal vs Queen's Park Rangers at Highbury, Saturday 17th November 1984.

Comment

Originally posted by HammersmithR View Post
              Derry was poor again today. Hill just gets worse. These players have now peaked for the season.
              Unfortunately your post reminded me of a comment on the Palace MB when we signed these two -- it was something like, "QPR will be fine until mid-season when Hill will forget how to play football and Derry's legs go. Then they'll be in trouble" or words to that effect.
              I hope that isn't proving to be true.
              Faurlin is my hero!!! Love him!!! #########

Comment

yeah

well the players look out for swanley hoop if shes not there ,they wont play
                but now mr fergusion i will answer your post in the following way,we as a club have been crying out for goalscoring strikers since les ferdinand left,imagine what we would have done to leeds with lefondre playing

BERNIE GET YOUR WALLET OUT SON ,LETS HAVE LE FONDRE,AUSTIN AND DANNY GRAYHAM...............WE WILL RE PAY YOU OUT OF THE FIFTY MILLION WE GET FROM THE PROMOTION
                Click here to view my blog.

More...

Comment

If we're so "awful" defensively, how come we've conceded the fewest goals in the division?
                  Ramaggio, whoa-oah
                  Ramaggio, whoa-oah
                  He scored against Blackpool
                  To make me look a fool

Comment

Aleferguson and Hammersmith r's has to be people who watch games, are you saying Hill is not quite good enough?

Someone mentioned that on here this week and got slated.
                    ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
                    THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Pete thanks for that.

Its nice someone has realised I got a slating for just being blunt and highlighting we desperately need a new left back. I was not suprised to hear he had a mare against a winger that had pace and skill.

I just found it funny how my slating of hill got the whole message board to become a herd of sheep, that just felt that because 1 rates hill and thinks commitment is all you need, the others didn't have there own opinion and joined in. Sad state of affairs and has made quite a few on here look silly.

Again thanks Pete for highlighting this.
                      I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by swanleyhoop View Post
                        Unfortunately your post reminded me of a comment on the Palace MB when we signed these two -- it was something like, "QPR will be fine until mid-season when Hill will forget how to play football and Derry's legs go. Then they'll be in trouble" or words to that effect.
                        I hope that isn't proving to be true.
                        I would have thought that Hill and Derry should be relatively fresh right now given the lack of games over the last 3 weeks. Having watched all of our home games, both of these players have been consistently good to date. I find it a bit hard to believe that come Christmas both players batteries have run down and they have become bad players.

It always seems the case that teams who go on long unbeaten runs, struggle for a few games once they lose one. I could see us continuing to struggle for a number of games yet given the matches coming up. But don't get too downhearted, there is still a long way to go and the only thing that all teams in this division have shown consistently this season is lack of consistency.

I agree with one of the earlier posts, we really need to sign someone who can score - remember seeing Sir Les play against Newcastle the season before they bought him - he virtually beat them on his own. None of our forwards are remotely in the same class, even in a Championship context - if we had someone like Commons in our side, or even Chopra, we would be waving goodbye to the rest of the division pretty quickly.

Comment

I think this is getting a bit silly here. FFS we have played two form teams who on the day were simply better than us. All teams have a blip at some point during the season. It's amazing how supporter are so fickle and often have memories of goldfishes. We are still top of the league 3 points clear and a game in hand. If we beat Swansea next week all this nonsense will stop. We are not where we are in the league by chance; we are there on merit because we have been the best side in the league, not necessarily week in week out but so far on the whole.

Chin up peeps, it's Christmas this coming Saturday and if you was offered no presents and QPR being top of the Championship 3 points clear and a game in hand back in August you all would of said it was you're best xmas pressie (football related) in donkeys years.

BUMP - hopefully this has brought some of you back down to earth!
                          Last edited by Dazzer1977; 19-12-2010, 02:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by HammersmithR View Post
                            to be fair all the palace bods told us derry fades out after the first few games and becomes awful. i thought it was just sour grapes, now im not so sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Dazzer1977 View Post
                              I think this is getting a bit silly here. FFS we have played two form teams who on the day were simply better than us. All teams have a blip at some point during the season. It's amazing how supporter are so fickle and often have memories of goldfishes. We are still top of the league 3 points clear and a game in hand. If we beat Swansea next week all this nonsense will stop. We are not where we are in the league by chance; we are there on merit because we have been the best side in the league, not necessarily week in week out but so far on the whole.

Chin up peeps, it's Christmas this coming Saturday and if you was offered no presents and QPR being top of the Championship 3 points clear and a game in hand back in August you all would of said it was you're best xmas pressie (football related) in donkeys years.

BUMP - hopefully this has brought some of you back down to earth!
                              Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

Working...
                              X