Formations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Formations?

Surly Warnocks teams should set up 442, and not 433, he plays a quite direct style and some one like Smith playing off Hulse could work, with two wide and a front man we need to play to feet and use the width to get crosses in the box, do we? We seem to play long ball up to Helguson or Hulse they win the knock on for know one , ive only watched 5 games live but on all the occasions ive watched i think we're to predictable and even though the results have been good ive always come away thinking we played the wrong formation.

I agree with you. It seems like the other teams have sussed us out.
    It´s time to go for a plan B.
    QPR
    Best team in the world
    Sort of

Comment

I really don't think that this formation we're playing suites Warnocks style of play.

Comment

The thing I don't understand is why we've turned to long-ball suddenly, 'cause we weren't playing that earlier in the season.

Be nice to Minty

Comment

Originally posted by Minty View Post
          The thing I don't understand is why we've turned to long-ball suddenly, 'cause we weren't playing that earlier in the season.

It was just like last seasons October good spell, we then lost a few, started playing long ball then the defeats just continued. I do hope this is not the case this season, we've done so well to be where we are, January can't come quick enough IMO and we must get some players in or it will have been a waste, we won't get another chance like this for a while, we're so close. Come on Neil do something get us a top striker
          Queens Park Rangers
          NPower Champions 2010/2011

PREMIER LEAGUE 2011 - ETERNITY (Oh well got that wrong, we'll be back though)

Comment

Not being funny but Adel and Faurlin are the only two players who can make a killer pass in our team. One was ill, on had an off day so lacked creativity in the middle. I do agree that if we are playing the long ball, Smith needs to play up with Hulse or Helguson.
            15 years in the wilderness will be a distant memory come Sunday 8th May 2011.

Comment

Originally posted by Ads1985 View Post
              Not being funny but Adel and Faurlin are the only two players who can make a killer pass in our team. One was ill, on had an off day so lacked creativity in the middle. I do agree that if we are playing the long ball, Smith needs to play up with Hulse or Helguson.

PVM is a good passer of the ball, AND he is able to place a freekick nicely in goal...
              In other words, if he can adapt to the physical style of play in this league, we might all look forward to a good accuisition to the team.
              Dont write him off just because he´s a Norwegian and foreigner.lol.
              QPR
              Best team in the world
              Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by winalotto View Post
                Surly Warnocks teams should set up 442, and not 433, he plays a quite direct style and some one like Smith playing off Hulse could work, with two wide and a front man we need to play to feet and use the width to get crosses in the box, do we? We seem to play long ball up to Helguson or Hulse they win the knock on for know one , ive only watched 5 games live but on all the occasions ive watched i think we're to predictable and even though the results have been good ive always come away thinking we played the wrong formation.

100%. No idea why we don't play a 442 and throw crosses into the box. Hulse, Helguson, Mackie and Smith would all benefit and be more effective for attacking the ball facing the goal then playing with their back to goal and knocking it down for no one.

Comment

Taraabt can't be accommodated in a 4-4-2 unless we play a diamond but as Clint Hil isn't an attacking full-back we would have no width. Taraabt is too lazy to be a winger and tbh he would be under utilised in that system. Warnock has always said he is the type of player you build the team around. If that's the case we can only really play the 4-2-3-1 we currently use, 4-5-1, 4-4-1-1. Mackie isn't really a winger, Tommy Smith isn't a left sided player. He needs to go back on the right and with Walker at full back that side is not an issue. The left-side is. We don't have a left footed winger who can take on a player and get the ball in and we don't have an attacking left full back. As the team lacks width I feel this is why we always go for the long ball.

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
                    PVM is a good passer of the ball, AND he is able to place a freekick nicely in goal...
                    In other words, if he can adapt to the physical style of play in this league, we might all look forward to a good accuisition to the team.
                    Dont write him off just because he´s a Norwegian and foreigner.lol.
                    Not saying he isn't but hasn't signed according to the official and isn't available, I'm hoping he will be a cracking player but guess we will have to wait and see.

Comment

Originally posted by Ads1985 View Post
                      Taraabt can't be accommodated in a 4-4-2 unless we play a diamond but as Clint Hil isn't an attacking full-back we would have no width. Taraabt is too lazy to be a winger and tbh he would be under utilised in that system. Warnock has always said he is the type of player you build the team around. If that's the case we can only really play the 4-2-3-1 we currently use, 4-5-1, 4-4-1-1. Mackie isn't really a winger, Tommy Smith isn't a left sided player. He needs to go back on the right and with Walker at full back that side is not an issue. The left-side is. We don't have a left footed winger who can take on a player and get the ball in and we don't have an attacking left full back. As the team lacks width I feel this is why we always go for the long ball.
                      Must admit i struggled to get him in to a 442, but why keep this formation and pump long ball, its just not suited to the style, Really think he will have to change formation or the style we play...

Kenny
                      Walker Connolly Gorkss Hill
                      Ephriam Derry Taraabt Mackie
                      Smith Hulse
                      Thats what i came up with only problem is Derry being exposed and there's no room for Fraulin.

Comment

Working...
                      X