Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here is the Voice of reason........

Right then.

I watched the Watford game on TV as I have not been too well the last few weeks. I have just 2 points to make:-

1) As a team, we were woeful. However - that's just ONE game out of twenty so far this season. A good team does not become crap overnight for no reason. Let's not over-react, and also, let's give Watford some credit. They played very well even if at least one of their goals was offside and we were denied a clear penalty early on.

The officials were hopeless and that surely had a bearing on things too. It was just a bad day at the office. It happens. Lessons to be learnt - but let's move on.

2) Adel Taarabt. Played a stinker. Too much showing off in front of the cameras, poor team ethic. I reckon he got a huge #######ing at half time cos 2nd half before he went off he was a bit better, but still not the Adel we know and love.

I'm his biggest fan, but geez he can be frustrating when he's not in "team mode".

MOM for me was Clint Hill.

Onwards and upwards..................

Agree with that, but mom for me was Jamie Mackie. One of the few players who showed some heart + passion.

Comment

Commentator over here thought Hill had a good game. Walker and Mackie were ok, and I thought HH did a decent job with no support. MOM for me was Paddy Kenny

Comment

And I thought Hulse and Orr did well after coming on

Comment

I thought Hill got skinned too often. Not a great game from him.

Just my opinion, of course.
          Your mum would love me...

Comment

Originally posted by Frode View Post
            Commentator over here thought Hill had a good game. Walker and Mackie were ok, and I thought HH did a decent job with no support. MOM for me was Paddy Kenny
            ..and that after letting 3 in. Could have been a real tonking.

Comment

Originally posted by acricketer View Post
              ..and that after letting 3 in. Could have been a real tonking.
              Could, and should have been a cricket score

Comment

Cardiff have lost 5 this season and Swansea have lost 6. Both are only 4 points behind us. So, losing a game is not the end of the world. The unbeaten tag has gone and I think that is a distraction done and dusted.

We are a good side who had an inevitable off day. We are still top with a game in hand over 3rd place. It's still looking very healthy.

Comment

only for kenny

Comment

The defence looked pub standard but I think that was due to no protection from midfield. Faurlin was woeful and derry was ball watching for their first and was very quiet in 1st half. Noi real tracking back from tommy smith either. when adel is on song, we as a team are good but when he's not we struggle. The big plus for me was that anyone watching him would have been put off by his display and chances of keeping him in jan have gone up.

Comment

Originally posted by DelTrotter View Post
                      Agree with that, but mom for me was Jamie Mackie. One of the few players who showed some heart + passion.
                      Heart and passion yes. Skill, end product and finishing was woeful however.

He is struggling at the moment and really really needs a goal to ge this confidence going again.

You cannot look past Kenny for our MoM. Every else was either poor or invisible, sadly.

Comment

We Were too narrow. Only changed it when it was too late. Should`ve gone 3-5-2

Comment

Originally posted by acricketer View Post
                          Cardiff have lost 5 this season and Swansea have lost 6. Both are only 4 points behind us. So, losing a game is not the end of the world. The unbeaten tag has gone and I think that is a distraction done and dusted.

We are a good side who had an inevitable off day. We are still top with a game in hand over 3rd place. It's still looking very healthy.
                          Sounds even better now, they've lost 6
                          And with a game in hand over 2nd and 3rd places.
                          Queens Park Rangers
                          NPower Champions 2010/2011

PREMIER LEAGUE 2011 - ETERNITY (Oh well got that wrong, we'll be back though)

Comment

Kenny proved his worth in that game. Yes, we had to make about three goal-line clearances but that's because he was left so hopelessly exposed in the first place that people had to cover him. He was like a one-man defence at times.

Comment

Working...
                            X