• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd beat both of you!!
    oldhoop

The Bread Mans Blue and White Army

Comment

Couple of points. Firstly to whoever said Buzz isn't a centre mid is really talking rubbish. I would agree that Buzz is not a holding centre mid, and therefore not really an alternative to Faurlin or Derry at his best. However as a normal or attacking centre mid he is fantastic at this level and possibly the next level where I feel he'd get more time on the ball.

As for Rowly, I disagree Pete, I think he should go and play elsewhere on loan. Let's face it, how many games has he played in the last 2-3 seasons? He needs games, competitive, etc. Going out on loan does not mean the ned of his QPR career. Look at Helguson. Hall came back and was made skipper. He needs proper gaes, he can't get in the side at the moment so he is being too stubborn. Go out on loan, get match fit and sharpness, and then see...

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
        Thats not the 17th mate.

You are thinking of the 10th hole.

Par 4 which is just over 300 yards. You need to fad it to get over the water onto the green but also bunkers surrounding. Great hole. I laid up and found a bunker with my 2nd shot.

Great picturess hole, that and the 18th are just great holes.
        Exactly that WeAreQPR! How can anyone forget that iconic hole is beyond me. That boy doesn't know his ar$e from his elbow. And FYI I actually par'd that hole and still have the scorecard to prove it. I did have a bad drive like he said, the rescue club saved me for my 2nd shot, but my chip leaving less than 2ft secured a nice par unlike his handful.

If you can't even get the hole right then how can you expect anyone to actually take you serious Jeffro. School boy error me thinks!!!

TA###XXIIIIIII FOR JEFFFFFFFFFRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
        Last edited by Dazzer1977; 07-12-2010, 03:00 PM.

Comment

Yeah I did expect better from Jeffro to be fair.

We played the course in gail force winds, which was a shame really as it did make it near on impossible. I could definately shoot 90's round there but with the weather the way it was I must of shot 110 .

I only just got over the water on the 18th and that was with a driver.
          We also played a par 3 with a massive head wind and I took a recovery wood, it only went 140 yards and I was short. Shame really as it is a lovely course.

Pulled a real rough bird in the club they have there. I even considered taking her back to my hotel room but I was in a rough state.
          I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

If I can just interrupt the Tarbie and Brucie golf debate....

.... Rowlands is a good player at this level.
            But, he falls into the same box as a few players who've moved on lately, or fallen away from the 1st team.....Like Mahon, Legs, Cerny, Stewart etc.

QPR have (thankfully) moved up a notch.
            And these players aren't good enough to walk straight into our side anymore.

They used to be certs to start, they were great for us when we needed them, when we were sh*te. They stood out then.
            Decent players.

But we're more than "decent" now, at this level.

We've moved on, it's up to them if they want to stay or go. But they'll never be regulars at QPR again.

That's football.
            Final Version - Hope you like it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1z0UQ0eqRM

Follow Me On Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/QPRGoddard

Comment

Originally posted by Dazzer1977 View Post
              Exactly that WeAreQPR! How can anyone forget that iconic hole is beyond me. That boy doesn't know his ar$e from his elbow. And FYI I actually par'd that hole and still have the scorecard to prove it. I did have a bad drive like he said, the rescue club saved me for my 2nd shot, but my chip leaving less than 2ft secured a nice par unlike his handful.

If you can't even get the hole right then how can you expect anyone to actually take you serious Jeffro. School boy error me thinks!!!

TA###XXIIIIIII FOR JEFFFFFFFFFRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
              DAzzer screw you... I am useless at golf, but i get under peoples skin and they cant handl the pressure, when I play well though; I PLAY WELL!!!

Comment

I'd still play him ahead of Hogan every time, I hope that Warnock does just want him to get match fit

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                  Sir Les I know what you mean but we have to assess Martin on this season. Yes we need to look at all players if we go up as I could mention many players that will struggle not just martin.

I'm looking at our current set of players and I really think Rowlands could still offer quite alot. If Faurlin and Derry get injured then we don't have much cover. I love Buzz but he isn't a centre mid. Mahon hasn't been on the bench either so where is our cover? We don't want to break up the centre back pairing of Connors and Gorkks so I don't see Connors playing centre mid as the answer. If we bring in some quality then I would say that Rolly should move on but if you assess him to what we currently have then IMHO he is pushing for a 1st team start. Not going to question Neil but Martin Rowlands is a very good championship player and if he can come back from what was a very serious injury then he would be a welcomed addition.
                  Good post.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigdave View Post
                    Good post.
                    With reference to WeAreQPR's previous post - I do agree to a point and that is yes AT THE MINUTE RIGHT NOW he probably does offer an option if need be. There probably would not of been a problem if Rowland would of kept his mouth shut, trained hard and waited his chance to come up but given what I am told he's done that opportunity's now gone. He also doesn't have age on his side and is very injury prone. Adding all these factors together including the nice hefty wage he's on, Warnock probably thinking he doesn't want a problem player to upset the apple cart or feels he can get someone else in to who may have more to offer. He still has a month left to prove me wrong in what I've been told and win a place back in Warnock's plans. After all it was Warnock if you remember said publicly 'Martin's chomping at the bit to get back playing and with him returning its like have a new signing' only for something drastic to change. Shaun Derry also had the same issue with NW in the early days in his career where he said the wrong thing to someone and was shown the door, I think early in his Sheff Utd career. He's a no nonsense manager.

Comment

Working...
                    X